• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

DominoKid

on one hand i feel sorry for paige/tokoto. they do deserve a better home crowd than they get. but goddamn it's hard to like this team. they're just aight...and there's not a lot of upside. just a bad combination.

Someone come get Roy

My man had a senior moment

jayzbiglaugh2.png

I don't know what's worse:

The fact that he took that dumb TO in the first place or that Paige taking a 24 foot fadeawy over three dudes was the best play he could draw up when everyone and their mama knew he was going to get the ball.

Fjordson

The early weekday games are tough for me to follow because of work. Rarely out before 5. Casually watching on my phone, though. In a real dog fight with fellow powerhouse Ole Miss :lol

Fjordson

I think guys forget sometimes that mediocre teams are going to play out of their minds to try and beat a top team. Especially one hyped like UK. They just look kinda bored sometimes with these "easy" games.

Like Ole Miss' point guard is some random who averages 13 a game, yet he already has 18 today.

If you shoot 10% for 15 minutes in the first half, things could be worse than going into halftime down 2. First time the platoon system has so clearly disrupted our rhythm, worsened with Ulis having trouble against this team.

Relocating for second half, in case my being at work is at fault for our terrible offense & defense.

Pollux

I think guys forget sometimes that mediocre teams are going to play out of their minds to try and beat a top team. Especially one hyped like UK. They just look kinda bored sometimes with these "easy" games.

Like Ole Miss' point guard is some random who averages 13 a game, yet he already has 18 today.
It always happens that way.

And the game is on at a weird time. I didn't think started until 8, so I'm grabbing dinner and watching when I get home.

BBN get your lighters ready to burn those 40-0 shirts just in case

At Rupp, I can't see UK not going on another huge run like they've done so often this year and blowing it open in the second half but you never know. Crazier things have happened.

Silkworm

BBN get your lighters ready to burn those 40-0 shirts just in case

At Rupp, I can't see UK not going on another huge run like they've done so often this year and blowing it open in the second half but you never know. Crazier things have happened.

Well no big run so far by UK. Ole Miss still well within striking distance with ~ 4 min left. Should be interesting to see how it ends.

Fjordson

Damn, refs gunning hard for this upset.

If college basketball ever invests in its refereeing in a meaningful way it'll be a much greater product.

Fjordson

Well we knew this would be the biggest challenge for UK before the season. Not surprised it's going to overtime.

lol?

iamblades

That game did show something interesting though. If you are playing to win, you are going to want to play with pace vs this Kentucky team. Playing grind it out basketball is just playing to not get blown out, you have to get transition opportunities vs that half court defense.

You also have to make contested shots at a decent rate, but getting easy baskets in transition certainly helps your confidence for making the contested shots.

The two worst defensive games this year have been teams that pushed the ball when they could. UK just worked slightly harder to beat UNC back down the court, probably cause they expected it more in that game.

The game also showed that you pretty much have to play zone vs this team, given the way UK torched that man defense to start the game.

Also nice for the Harrisons to show up well, which pretty much quiets the controversy about lineups and starters.

Gophers lose again. Man...it's like they don't know they have an unstoppable force in Maurice Walker. Dude should touch the ball every time down the court and if he's double teamed pass it out for an open 3. It's not too fucking tough but this team seriously doesn't get it.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Can't finish a damn basket around the rim this game. There's no way this environment is more hostile than Wisconsin was, not sure why we're playing like dogshit.

Seeing this game shows we're at least capable of playing at a higher level if Brownell can light a fire under our team. Hopefully Grantham can improve the rest of the season.

8 point win. Not the best game they've played, but it's their first true road game since Wisconsin. They didn't shoot near as well tonight, though, and had a ton of turnovers.

Caught the game starting late on the first half.

That was a sloppy, unfocused mess. But I guess a win is a win is a win, right?

Good thing I'm already resigned to losing to State.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Caught the game starting late on the first half.

That was a sloppy, unfocused mess. But I guess a win is a win is a win, right?

Good thing I'm already resigned to losing to State.

Why? This is a pretty good team and Wake has played Duke really tough at the Joel the past 4 seasons, including a win last year. It will come down to Tyus not throwing so many lazy passes and how physical the refs let Anya or whoever plays center for NCSU against Okafor.
I expect State to play well, maybe even lead for a good bit, because they will be super fired up. Then there will be a questionable play or call and they will completely self destruct. If they do win though, at least their court stormings are wheelchair accessible.

Why? This is a pretty good team and Wake has played Duke really tough at the Joel the past 4 seasons, including a win last year. It will come down to Tyus not throwing so many lazy passes and how physical the refs let Anya or whoever plays center for NCSU against Okafor.
I expect State to play well, maybe even lead for a good bit, because they will be super fired up. Then there will be a questionable play or call and they will completely self destruct. If they do win though, at least their court stormings are wheelchair accessible.

To be fair, I was saying that State would win that game weeks ago. They always seem to trip Duke up in Raleigh.

To be fair, I was saying that State would win that game weeks ago. They always seem to trip Duke up in Raleigh.

Where's the resolve you had during the Wisconsin game.

Speaking of NC State

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 3h3 hours ago
rewatching last night's first half, Darius Leonard did a great job always body-ing up Jah. Also kept him from getting good low-post position

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 2h2 hours ago
K said Jah was posting up higher than they would have liked last night. Credit Leonard for helping force that

B61_rv6IIAA1T2d.png

Laura Keeley retweeted
Julius Hodge ‏@Follow24Hodge 2h2 hours ago
@laurakeeley over the head pass fake then right hand bounce pass lead him into a drop step basline 2pts plus an assist. THIS AN EASY FIX.

Julius Hodge is coaching the Blue Devils.

Top Bottom