• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

I trust Rowe and if he says its bad (and the rumors flying around are pretty bad), shit's about to hit the fan

Not saying what's about to come out will necessarily be true. But it will be ugly

In non-Duke related news, good on the Buckeyes for kicking the Turtles down a peg

The rumor sounds like speculation run amok. Deadspin style.

For me, it's a pretty clear cut case of too much trouble for too little talent.

EDIT: And just so we're clear. Folks who have any ties to this particular school should be the last people in the entire universe to throw this kind of baseless accusation. I'm so disappointed in some of these fans

Maybe the rumor is that Duke set up a whole fraudulent department to make sure their revenue sports "student" athletes wouldn't have to be actual students!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
The rumor sounds like speculation run amok. Deadspin style.

For me, it's a pretty clear cut case of too much trouble for too little talent.

EDIT: And just so we're clear. Folks who have any ties to this particular school should be the last people in the entire universe to throw this kind of baseless accusation. I'm so disappointed in some of these fans

Other area reporters have stated its been repeated incidents and this was the final straw, tweets from former teammates have indicated that Sheed is difficult, others have said a headcase of the McCants variety.

While it could be rape/sexual assault, I currently doubt it because a) he wouldn't be allowed to finish the semester at Duke b) would most likely be arrested if there is enough evidence to kick him off the team c) I can't see how "repeated incidents" of sexual assault that Sheed stays on the team, especially after the Lacrosse mess, and the nuclear bomb of Penn St (covering up) and the whole Jameis Winston controversy. Sheed was a decent player, but never a star and I would think he would have been thrown to the wolves if something like this were true.

Drugs are currently the least likely according to those who "know" but what do they really know.

Is it Big Ten tournament time yet? Gophers need to win that or win their last 9 in the regular season(not going to happen) to get into the dance. Such a disappointing season. Team will be even worse next year as we lose our best player.

chris121580

The Big Ten is a logjam right now. Difficult to tell how good the top teams are.

Wisconsin and Maryland seem legit. Everyone else I'm just not sure. IU is driving me crazy with how they play this season. It's difficult to watch them go from being so good to being so bad and then so good again

Why is college basketball so broken. :/

It's not only early entry into the NBA.
Defense is waaay ahead of offense in most leagues. Seems like teams and coaches have refined the sort of "I'm fouling you but not quite enough for the refs to call it" that basketball's so vulnerable to into an art form, and with all the games trending towards the half court...

Shorter shot clock, and free the full court press from the dungeons by cutting the half court count down to 8! There are other changes too... robot refs? Robot refs.

Imma need Louisville to win today.

As far as I see it the ACC regular season title (or really any trophy worth two cents) is out of reach for Duke. But I really don't need to see UNC somehow fluking their way into another one.

NewLib

Banned
Defense is waaay ahead of offense in most leagues. Seems like teams and coaches have refined the sort of "I'm fouling you but not quite enough for the refs to call it" that basketball's so vulnerable to into an art form, and with all the games trending towards the half court...

Shorter shot clock, and free the full court press from the dungeons by cutting the half court count down to 8! There are other changes too... robot refs? Robot refs.

I honestly think doing those things and banning hand checks would solve all the problems.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Illinois just suspended Rayvonte Rice and Aaron Cosby indefinitely. Heard this was coming a few days ago. Supposedly for smoking the reefer.

Guess the team manager gets to keep dressing.

eznark

Banned
Is it Big Ten tournament time yet? Gophers need to win that or win their last 9 in the regular season(not going to happen) to get into the dance. Such a disappointing season. Team will be even worse next year as we lose our best player.

It's good preparations for when the football team also falls on their face this fall.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
The kid at UVA hit the half-court shot during College GameDay to win $18K. Seems like a bad omen for us.

jakncoke

Banned
Everything is so vague about Sulaimon. Even reporters aren't saying anything. Bizarre...

Thats how i feel about the Durand Johnson season long suspension from Pitt, still dont think any reports were released about that months after the fact unless im blind and missed it.

Glad I stuck with this UNC-L'ville game.

Talk about a great 2nd half by the Cards. Well great as in they came back but it wasn't very pretty to watch.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Duke has played well all things considered. Outside shot could be be better, just hope the team can make FTs down the stretch.

Velcro Fly

Can't help but think if Purdue had not lost to North Florida and Gardner-Webb OOC they would be in the thick of the bubble right now

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Welp, good news is Duke is not losing to whoever the Lehigh/Mercer equivalent is this year, they may not make the tourney actually.

Also, spring football game is about a month and a half away. We own UVA in football.

Proelite

Welp, good news is Duke is not losing to whoever the Lehigh/Mercer equivalent is this year, they may not make the tourney actually.

Also, spring football game is about a month and a half away. We own UVA in football.

?

Pretty sure they'll get at least .5 record in the ACC.

OK, I'm almost all in with this team, VCU, Lehigh, Mercer, Norfolk State be damned.

Duke-GAF save me from myself

I put the curse on em

4gk3CmS.png

And they'll definitely make the tourney. The only bright spot right now (if you're still a believer in this season) is that outside of the UNC games, they've already played all of their hard games this season. Which means they'll definitely make the tourney and definitely lose to Missouri A&T :(

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
?

Pretty sure they'll get at least .5 record in the ACC.

Well every team in the ACC gets up for Duke, the offense is actually worse than the defense, and if GT can beat Miami, sure, they can beat Duke too. Blue Devils are CBI bound, cept they'll turn that one down.

K's now playing 3-2 zone? Can't even blame that one on Boeheim, I think the old man's just going crazy

When its Oak and Plum, its actually not a bad move.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Well every team in the ACC gets up for Duke, the offense is actually worse than the defense, and if GT can beat Miami, sure, they can beat Duke too. Blue Devils are CBI bound, cept they'll turn that one down.

You're being ridiculous.

Also, really proud of how patient we're being down in this game. Really fighting for it.

Top Bottom