• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

Fjordson

Boeheim thinks he's slick choosing the year Cuse is terrible to take a postseason ban.

We ain't brand new pal, you're fooling no one.
Isn't it also unfair to do it midseason? Seems kinda unfair to the kids on the team that all of a sudden they can't even participate in the ACC tourney. Should have to wait until at least the current season is over to do that so the players and potential recruits are aware of it.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Duke seems to be dying by other peoples 3s more than their own.

More than the bad defense I really don't think anyone on the staff knows how to run an offense for a big oriented team. K desperately needs a stretch four and a wing for his offense to work.

So Okie State's coach is supposedly on the hot seat, yet they sweep Texas 2-0 this season. I'm ready for Rick Barnes to gtfo....we have lots of wasted talent

Yo Grover.

Da fuck is this LDOC line-up?

I fucks with it. Kinda. T-Pain has bangers, Jeremih can play that one song that everyone loves over and over, Spencer Brown was by far the best part of the LDOC 2014 trainwreck, and MisterWives can be filler.

Compared to the horror show that was last year, this is a masterpiece from the LDOC committee.

NIT to play with 30 second shot clock, extended restricted area

Good to see that they are taking these proposals seriously enough to implement experimentally in the NIT.

I'll be interested to see how the shot clock plays. My thinking has always been a slightly shorter shot clock will just mean teams will take slightly less time to take (and miss) slightly shittier shots (as opposed to working the ball around for 35 seconds until they miss a decent one like the game is played now) and that it won't overcome the talent deficiency, but we'll see.

NIT to play with 30 second shot clock, extended restricted area

Good to see that they are taking these proposals seriously enough to implement experimentally in the NIT.

I'll be interested to see how the shot clock plays. My thinking has always been a slightly shorter shot clock will just mean teams will take slightly less time to take (and miss) slightly shittier shots (as opposed to working the ball around for 35 seconds until they miss a decent one like the game is played now) and that it won't overcome the talent deficiency, but we'll see.
Well, it means more possessions. Even if it's only a couple, that helps.

But I think the 8 second backcourt count goes hand in hand (and would have a much more profound impact on the game), so I hope they add that to the agenda!

Nah, it would (re)legitimize the full court press.

And the teams that play slow tempo intentionally take forever to bring the ball up the court anyway, they aren't looking for "more time" in the half court. They're looking to run clock any way they can. That's what the shorter shot clock is for.

bxrybbn8t20n5pv5qtjc.gif

Swaggin on em with no effort

Silkworm

Well at least ND has more than 20 points before the end of the 1st hafl... hah! 80% FG shooting for Duke and leads ND 50-24 at the half. I'm hoping I don't see a similar halftime score with UK leading UF by 26 at the half on the road, but given the way the Gators have been playing... ugh. :-(

Just got back from Cameron.

That...was a surprise. A really pleasant surprise.
Scoring 90 points is abnormal and shooting 60% from the floor is probably not sustainable, but that defense. They almost shut down the most efficient offensive team in the country.

If they play defense like that, they're not going to lose many games.

And that Grayson block was crazy live.

Silkworm

Dang this Arizona vs Arizona State game is fun to watch! Especially with the Wildcats about to lose ;-) Sendek magic again (glad he's done okay after leaving NC State, especially what with being in the long shadow of Arizona)! Thanks to Arizona, ASU is about to be a game over .500 :p

Silkworm

I just tuned in and though it was still in the 1st half. I know Virginia has a good defense, but come on Louisville. Then again Virginia isn't exactly tearing it up offensively either. Sheesh, from an offensive standpoint this is not the most fun game to watch. So, first team to 50 points wins, I guess (maybe I should revise that to 40 points)?

Take a shot every time a commentator says UVA (averaging less than 70 points a game) has a good offense.

They're efficient because they don't shoot the ball.

More pressing, will Louisville score 35 points in this game? Taking bets now

Silkworm

Take a shot every time a commentator says UVA (averaging less than 70 points a game) has a good offense.

They're efficient because they don't shoot the ball.

More pressing, will Louisville score 35 points in this game? Taking bets now

I think they'll break that 35 point barrier :-D

BTW, I bet Duke's 90 points today will be greater than the combined score of Louisville and Virginia ;-)

Edit: Uh oh! Looks like their getting close to 90. Now at 86 total points, 47-39 Virginia.

Louisville's late game execution went full brain-dead.

In other news, basically congrats on the ACC Regular Season Title UVa.

Barring some choke to State (lol) or Cuse (lol) or a super scrub team (lol), they're a lock.

Top Bottom