• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
That was unexpected, but then, it reminded me of the comeback against St. John's.

Exactly. You don't come back 10+ down vs UVA and the St Johns had the lock 13 minutes in the second half of one of those games where they do everything right and Duke can't do anything right.

If you think about this week, the 1K win, the loss to ND, the Sheed dismissal and now this, the team will at least be emotionally tested for March. Gotta figure something out in the offense, defense is....ok

I know I was ragging on K a bit earlier, but that switch to zone (and then from 2-3 to 3-2) was a great call on his part. Got Virginia completely out of their rhythm after their hot start to the 2nd half.

So this Duke team now has beaten two #2 teams and a #6 team all on the road while losing to NCSU and getting blown out by Miami at home.

Clearly the next step is losing to Georgia Tech and then beating Notre Dame right?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm done counting out Duke this year. I don't think they'll win the whole thing, but I'm not going to put it past them either. That was a gut punch win after a nut kick week

Broank

Win or lose I love the progress these young Wolverines are making.

I'd prefer a win though.

Always sucks to loose when you are so close but taking Wisconsin and MSU to overtime with a rag tag bunch of freshmen nobody else wanted, undersized career backups and walk-ons was at least pretty fun.

Fjordson

Looking at their % of winning against the remaining teams is crazy.
Yeah, they should run the table on paper, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they get clipped on the road at some point.

I honestly don't care one bit. Doing well in the tourney >>>>>>>> regular season for me personally.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
So much salt about Duke staying at #4 in the rankings. I get a kick out of reading the ESPN.com comment section each week.

Let's celebrate the 20 year anniversary of one of the great shots in Duke history

Capel's buzzer beater against UNC

Let me also remark how incredibly ugly the jerseys were and how incredibly white the student section is. I mean, Duke today isn't exactly Harlem, but in 1995 it was white.

That was the one year they had those thick blue stripes at the shoulders. If I may, I think we can attribute K's back problems that year to the uniform.

However, I must say that I'll never like the "watermark" or whatever thing they (and, to be honest, a lot of schools) have been doing these past few years. Give me a solid white, thanks. Their special home throwback uniforms (to never) are pleasing, in this regard.

Also -- that shot means nothing. They still lost that game. Carolina/Duke fans might know that, and maybe that's all that counts, but average basketball fan?

So much salt about Duke staying at #4 in the rankings. I get a kick out of reading the ESPN.com comment section each week.

I haven't looked at a poll in a few weeks , so I don't even know where anybody is (unless, again, they're playing Duke). It's 1 Kentucky and then um... Duke's somewhere... um...

But Duke lost at the prior week's 8, won at the prior 2, so whatever. I have no idea where they should be slotted, it's not like I've watched any other team play except when Duke's playing them. Just start the tournament, rankings don't really matter.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So you couple UVA's lackluster effort on D and that nobody in the ACC seems to get fired up for UNC anymore (save Duke and NCSU) and this is what you get.

Booooo

Fjordson

Nike Hoop Summit roster announced:

Isaiah Briscoe
Jaylen Brown
Jalen Brunson
Henry Ellenson
Chase Jeter
Luke Kennard
Malik Newman
Ivan Rabb
Caleb Swanigan
Allonzo Trier
Stephen Zimmerman

Cool to see Briscoe made it.

Holy shit, this is the worst sounding home crowd I've ever heard.

Did they kick all of the students out of the Dean Dome? I mean, the wine and cheese baby blue sweater vest wearing geezers are always a presence, but this sounds like the kids didn't show up at all.

DominoKid

Did they kick all of the students out of the Dean Dome? I mean, the wine and cheese baby blue sweater vest wearing geezers are always a presence, but this sounds like the kids didn't show up at all.

there's nothing to cheer for.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

Which is sad. But my wife and her dad are there. Part of me feels a little bad.

So apparently, thanks to Greg Anthony's newfound troubles with the law, Bill Raftery and Grant Hill will be doing color at the Final Four.

Hell of an upgrade! Thanks Greg!

UK keeps getting away with D level effort against these SEC scrub teams.

I still say that IF (big if because not every team has that proverbial switch) they can ramp up against the big competition in March, the only way they can be beaten is by some team having the collective best game of their entire lives plus an act of God.

Edit: I first read that as Billy Packer and almost flipped my shit. I really don't want to hear about Duke getting tired legs for the 793rd time.

Pat Forde ‏@YahooForde 2m2 minutes ago
Loving "has temporarily lost the privilege to wear the Scarlet and Gray" per OSU release. Did not travel to Purdue.

Pat Forde ‏@YahooForde 4m4 minutes ago
Hoops programs realizing this is great day to drop bad news. Syracuse announces postseason ban and Ohio St announces Marc Loving left home

^

Top Bottom