• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

Unbelievable. You fucking guys never miss.

Barring 2 miraculous wins over Wisconsin(and winning the other games as well to finish 10-8)...Gophers are going to have to win the Big 10 tourney or finish 9-9 and make it to the championship game. They'll probably be the 8th or 9th seed in all likely hood against Iowa to start the BT Tourney. They can win that game but then who do they face? Wisconsin. Deck is stacked against Minnesota.

I felt like the Gophers were putting up a good fight but yeah, between our 3-point accuracy and all those offensive rebounds, it made it about impossible for Minnesota to really have a chance.

I felt like the Gophers were putting up a good fight but yeah, between our 3-point accuracy and all those offensive rebounds, it made it about impossible for Minnesota to really have a chance.

Game was still within reach with 5 minutes to play. Those two 3s from that white guy and put back dunk were the dagger.

Just too much size for Wisconsin. There always seemed to be a mismatch where they had a 4-6 inch height advantage on the defender. And even when they missed Illinois just couldn't keep them off the boards. Wiscy must have had at least 20 points on 2nd and 3rd shot opportunities.
Yep.

Did a poor job of getting after loose balls, though. Seemed like they were quicker, which shouldn't happen.

Oh well! Good measuring stick. Still have a month to get better!

thefro

I thought Minnesota played fairly well too (except on the boards), but we're basically impossible to beat when we shoot it that well from 3.

Game coming up against Purdue Thursday is going to be huge.

chris121580

I thought Minnesota played fairly well too (except on the boards), but we're basically impossible to beat when we shoot it that well from 3.

Game coming up against Purdue Thursday is going to be huge.

We live and die by the 3. I hope we destroy Purdue Thursday after what they did to us at Mackey. The pace has to be fast or we won't have a chance.

I've been an IU alum for over 10 years and went to the game last night...absolutely embarrassing that the student section wasn't filled and the balcony was empty. Apparently times have changed since I went there because you didn't miss a game if you had tickets, no matter who you were playing. The fans better show up Thursday

Meier

Went to see Texas play Texas Tech on Saturday night. Man. Myles Turner is an absolute beast. He's got a weird body type.. it feels to me like he still needs to grow into it a bit because he looks like he'd be Yao's height in how he runs, but he's "only" 6'11". Either way, the kid is a dynamite shooter and made a few devastating blocks.

I don't really feel like he plays like a Center and he doesn't yet have the mobility to be an overly effective PF but I'm sure he'll be one and done. He's clearly at a level above the competition in a game like that.

To basically everyone outside of Duke fans, that's probably a good thing. He's perceived as a biased Duke homer (even though I would argue that he's much more of a starfucker who just hypes up all the blue bloods, check him calling UNC or Kentucky games) and an annoying one at that.

Funny enough, outside of the last few years, I think Bilas has been perceived amongst Duke fans as a guy who goes too far the other way to fight off any perception of being a Duke homer. He used to be way too critical.

Bowser

To basically everyone outside of Duke fans, that's probably a good thing. He's perceived as a biased Duke homer (even though I would argue that he's much more of a starfucker who just hypes up all the blue bloods, check him calling UNC or Kentucky games) and an annoying one at that.

Funny enough, outside of the last few years, I think Bilas has been perceived amongst Duke fans as a guy who goes too far the other way to fight off any perception of being a Duke homer. He used to be way too critical.

I like Bilas, he's the best guy doing CBB today IMO

My only prediction for Wednesday night is that truly101 will have bought a jersey before the game, taken it off in the first half, set it on fire by early second, and will be wearing it in its ashen tatters with 2 minutes left. Over/under is also 7 on the calls for Coach K to retire.

Bowser

My only prediction for Wednesday night is that truly101 will have bought a jersey before the game, taken it off in the first half, set it on fire by early second, and will be wearing it in its ashen tatters with 2 minutes left. Over/under is also 7 on the calls for Coach K to retire.

6v8rth.jpg

Well that isnt happening
Looking like we'll get 3 spots in the tourney. Us, Utah, and I'm expecting Stanford to win 4 of their next 5 but I'm not holding my breath. Both Oregon and UCLA fucking suck and might squeak in because someone has to reach 20+ wins in this conference. Evidently Oregon State is still in the picture too? What a sorry conference.

I'm thinking we end up as the 2 seed in Gonzaga's West. KenPom likes us, fwiw.

I'm so bitter that UVa is about to win the conference for the second straight year playing basketball straight out of the 1950s.
50s isn't right, but that's where the college game has been going.

God help us all if Wiscy and Virginia play in the title game. The finest played 45-44 game you'll ever see...

Bottom up, of course.

Sterling Gibbs ‏@SterlingGibbs4 31 minutes ago
Sorry again @RyArch15 it really is weighing heavy on my heart.

Sterling Gibbs ‏@SterlingGibbs4 32 minutes ago
My emotions get the best of me and that wasn't acceptable at all. I hope you're alright and I will face any consequences coming.

Sterling Gibbs ‏@SterlingGibbs4 33 minutes ago
Man that's not who I am. I'm sorry to my family, friends, fans, and team for being an embarrassment. Even more sorry to @RyArch15 .. I let

Ryan Arcidiacono ‏@RyArch15 12 minutes ago
Emotions sometimes get the best of us. heat of the moment thing. We're all good. @SterlingGibbs4

Karl2177

And with that, we're one game out of first in the Big 12. Dominate WVU by 20, then they beat KU. Bravo.

I'd argue that our next game is the toughest on our schedule, but at Texas should be fairly tough, and the game against OU should be pretty close also. On KU's schedule, I only see 2 chances for a loss, at KSU and at OU.

God help us all if Wiscy and Virginia play in the title game. The finest played 45-44 game you'll ever see...

Something something "basketball as it was meant to be". Something something "disciplined young men"

Snooze.

eznark

Banned

Badgers are averaging 73.4 ppg. Kentucky is averaging 73.6.

snooze borefest ugh white people basketball

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'd argue that our next game is the toughest on our schedule, but at Texas should be fairly tough, and the game against OU should be pretty close also. On KU's schedule, I only see 2 chances for a loss, at KSU and at OU.

We need to win out to have a chance. Those road games worry me.

Who are these people getting outraged on Dick Vitale's behalf? Can they all do us a favor and go away?

Badgers are averaging 73.4 ppg. Kentucky is averaging 73.6.

snooze borefest ugh white people basketball

Wisconsin is also 343 in adjusted pace, so yes, borefest ugh white people basketball indeed.

chris121580

I sent Dakich pics on twitter from the Minnesota game of the mostly empty student section and empty balcony and he said he's going to address it on his show today. I really hope he lays in to the students. There's just no excuse for it. We're supposed to be an elite program that creates one of the best atmospheres in college basketball

thefro

I sent Dakich pics on twitter from the Minnesota game of the mostly empty student section and empty balcony and he said he's going to address it on his show today. I really hope he lays in to the students. There's just no excuse for it. We're supposed to be an elite program that creates one of the best atmospheres in college basketball

They need to get rid of the GA seating. They created that because students were showing up late but that's created the problem of the empty seats. In the old days, students would sell the tickets to people interested in going if they couldn't go to the games, now they don't bother. Even the balconies would end up being fairly full since they'd give a ticket to a buddy who was interested in going.

Taking tickets away from the students isn't the problem because they're not going to sell the balcony seats to the general public at any more than $5/$10 as people have the impression that they're horrible.

iamblades

Who are these people getting outraged on Dick Vitale's behalf? Can they all do us a favor and go away?

Wisconsin is also 343 in adjusted pace, so yes, borefest ugh white people basketball indeed.

Also, overall pace is not all equal either.

Kentucky has a slow pace because opposing offenses try to slow the game down(even then it's not THAT slow). Wisconsin and Virginia have slow paces because they want to slow the game to a crawl.

eznark

Banned

Seems to me like fans are voting with their wallets and letting the administration know they want Crean gone. That's the vibe I am getting.

chris121580

Seems to me like fans are voting with their wallets and letting the administration know they want Crean gone. That's the vibe I am getting.

I'm sure myself along with many other fans have questioned Crean at times but there's no doubt that he has done a masterful job with this team. We were expected to be at the bottom of the Big 10 and definitely weren't expected to make the tournament. The fact fans aren't there to support the team is inexcusable whether they agree with Crean being the coach or not. It's a slap in the team's face. They need to get over it.

Dosia

Looking like we'll get 3 spots in the tourney. Us, Utah, and I'm expecting Stanford to win 4 of their next 5 but I'm not holding my breath. Both Oregon and UCLA fucking suck and might squeak in because someone has to reach 20+ wins in this conference. Evidently Oregon State is still in the picture too? What a sorry conference.

I'm thinking we end up as the 2 seed in Gonzaga's West. KenPom likes us, fwiw.

Lol u aint lying bro. This conf is terrible.

Top Bottom