• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

DominoKid

so for some reason we're honoring K's 1000 wins before the game. what a fucking joke of an idea. this is worse than the kansas sticker.

Rumor floating around on the IU boards is Stevens has an opt-out in his contract with the Celtics if the IU job become open. Also rumors that Crean and the AD are negotiating a buyout after the season where everyone gets to save face.

Could it be happening?

lol pipedreams

Holy hell Boeheim and Cuse got nailed:

Syracuse Basketball ‏@syrbasketball 12m12 minutes ago
NCAA report: Boeheim suspended for nine games; 12 scholarships lost over four years | http://ow.ly/K1nLa

ncaa went hard in the paint. have to think that joke self-imposed punishment cuse tried only made them madder

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
lolololol

I guess UNC felt compelled to do K a solid because Duke had the moment of silence for Dean. The two aren't comparable situations though

Smith was a bedrock for this conference, and regardless of what some think of his role in the whole academic thing was pretty much a class individual. You respect the life lived.

K isn't dead and his achievements have always been a sore sport for UNC fans in particular because they bring the inevitable Dean comparisons. Most UNC fans I know hate Coach K far more than they hate Duke basketball, and I can't imagine that most of the people in the Smith center respect what he has done or who he is. To them he is the paradigm of evil.

DominoKid

Smith was a bedrock for this conference, and regardless of what some think of his role in the whole academic thing was pretty much a class individual. You respect the life lived.

K isn't dead and his achievements have always been a sore sport for UNC fans in particular because they bring the inevitable Dean comparisons. Most UNC fans I know hate Coach K far more than they hate Duke basketball, and I can't imagine that most of the people in the Smith center respect what he has done or who he is. To them he is the paradigm of evil.
it's not even that deep really.
i'm not going to honor anyone that we're about to play unless they died or they're retiring.
this such a weak move.

Proelite

UNC's newest banner.

B_dLfF6U8AAxSY8.jpg

thefro

Crean going for the elusive "Quadruple-Creaning" in an attempt to save his job.

Thomas Bryant and Thon Maker both visiting IU today.

We are already oversigned by 2 for 2015.

Crisco

Banned
Abu could be a legit ACC POY candidate next year if he learns how to finish. His combination of size and quickness is a load for college forwards.

Crisco

Banned
So much for Gott not being able to compete with all these HOF coaches. Put it on all 4 of them this year, 2 of them on the road. He also gott Jamie Dixon this year.

Crisco

Banned
Things were looking rough for this Wolfpack team during that middle stretch of the ACC, but this will be our 4th consecutive trip to the dance. Probably ~9 seed if we don't win anymore games.

That MSU/IU ending was one for the... uh, reverse-ages. Microseconds, I guess.

If you want, I can testify as a neutral party that the game tape should be burned.

Bowser

Recruit list for tonight's game vs dook is insane. Would be really nice to have the Dome rockin' and get a win:

CONFIRMED
Luke Maye - 2015 F - committed
Tony Bradley - 2016 C - official visit
Dennis Smith - 2016 PG
VJ King - 2016 WF
Brandon Robinson - 2016 WG
Jalek Felton - 2017 G - committed
Matt Coleman - 2017 PG
Seventh Woods - 2016 WG

EXPECTED
Harry Giles - 2016 PF

nillapuddin

This team man.

Any members of BBNGAF going to Nashville? I've got the whole family going, won't believe what we had to do to get tickets, but holy shit am I excited

Velcro Fly

Purdue drops two tough road games in a row and falls behind Illinois 15-2 early at home.

But boy have they responded. This is must win. Currently up 37-30 in the second half. On a 16-4 run to start the second half.

If they win this they will be 3-1 against B1G bubble teams. Should be good enough to at least be a play-in game.

nillapuddin

I'm surprised they still know what seniors are in Lexington.

It's not like we asked for this, fans don't like the one and done, not our fault if this is how the system works.

Cal gets it more than anyone I've ever heard talk about it, anyone who knows anything about our program knows that it is "player first" above all . I hope they eventually adopt some of his ideas about injury insurance, benefits and care for the players

inm8num2

Purdue should be on the safe side of the fence. Not sure if they're a lock yet, but they needed this win.

Illinois/Indiana on Thursday is going to be a true elimination game. The winner will probably need to win on Friday as well to secure a bid.

Top Bottom