• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

DominoKid

You only got 11 games out of him
rMgMg7s.png

Talon

wouldnt say adidas soccer is good. the 3 stripes really limit them. nike is just that bad at soccer. you can tell its something theyre not really trying with.

wish the nfl would let nike go wild though. you know they have so much good shit they coukd do if the nfl would let them.
Nope. Fuck. That. Shit.

Hmmm

Do I want to get the chance to beat UNC for the third time this year (which almost never happens) or do I want the chance to beat Virginia again, prove that the first game wasn't a fluke and solidify the number 2 overall seed in the NCAAT?

Decisions

Crisco

Banned
All you need to know about last nights game

That was rough. Our team's collective basketball IQ is very low, and it showed last night. They couldn't adjust to K's shifting zone defenses and then compounded it by making one dumb decision after another with the ball. I'd call it a learning experience, but they are better off just forgetting that shit show.

Watching a Wisconsin game while rooting against them is frustrating as all fuck.

These white kids just don't miss shots.

This must be what it's like to root against Duke.

Devin Booker just airballed a wide open 3. Got a bad feeling about this game.

Every team is going to bring it every game from now on. There is a good chance your feelings like this will get worse every game from here out, lol. I know mine will. This team can handle it. Whatever the outcome though I will be proud to be fan of the team this year. Truly special.

Fjordson

Every team is going to bring it every game from now on. There is a good chance you will feel like this every game from now on. This team can handle it though. Whatever the outcome though I will be proud to be fan of the team this year. Truly special.
True, but Florida in particular confuses me. They're a bad NIT team, yet all three games against them have been like this.

True, but Florida in particular confuses me. They're a bad NIT team, yet all three games against them have been like this.

Yeah. Trying to sweep Florida in a season isn't going to be easy any year. You can tell they are already getting tired though, like most teams. This will be another game we blow open midway through the 2nd half hopefully. It'd be nice if we can get a few easy wins before it starts coming down to clutch time in the tourney. My heart hates that.

Kentucky / Florida game is pretty good so far. Florida always gives them a run for their money. I'm also not sold on how well Kentucky is going to perform under tournament pressure, especially if they get into March Madness still undefeated.

iamblades

I think Hill just matches up well against your guards.

Its not just against our guards though. Is the weakness of our defense system in general. Smaller quicker guards are the thing that hurts us every year. Think UConn, think Devan Downey in 2010.

Cal values size at all 5 spots, so the weakness is teams that can drive, force rotations and kick. It's why I'm not absolutely terrified of wisky like the media seems we should be. Wisky (and duke to a lesser degree) will be forced to shoot over our length, which is the whole point of cals defense. People look at the highlights and blocks, but really the whole goal of the defense is to always make the shot contested. We have the size and athleticism to do this against almost all perimeter Jump shooters I can think of. If you can drive and force rotations you can find weaknesses.

I'll take it 10/10 times though, as it is the most reliable way to a great defense. Everything has weaknesses, at least size gives you a second Chance to recover and block the shot.

Kentucky / Florida game is pretty good so far. Florida always gives them a run for their money. I'm also not sold on how well Kentucky is going to perform under tournament pressure, especially if they get into March Madness still undefeated.

I have a feeling this lead will be expanded by the next media time out.

Towns just used the word 'deveer'. Not really sure what he was going for there but I know what he means, lol.

Edit: I guess he was looking for deviate.

MisterR

A lot of these guys won 5 tournament games last year. Tournament pressure isn't going to bother them.

nillapuddin

#BBN made me proud, this (kinda shitty hockey arena was rocking)

2 seats up here
Z8Ut3dC.jpg

Other 4 seats in first row of upper deck.

Game was never in doubt, WCS was completely out of it (I know he had plenty of points, but he was lost alot) I'm embarrassed we let them get in the lane during first half, and I fucking hate horford, him and carrara (sp*) from SC are two halves of the same annoying player.

Idk what happened on that booker 3 lol

This place is stuffed to the gills with Blue, its absolutely awesome

Fjordson

#BBN made me proud, this (kinda shitty hockey arena was rocking)

2 seats up here
Z8Ut3dC.jpg

Other 4 seats in first row of upper deck.

Game was never in doubt, WCS was completely out of it (I know he had plenty of points, but he was lost alot) I'm embarrassed we let them get in the lane during first half, and I fucking hate horford, him and carrara (sp*) from SC are two halves of the same annoying player.

Idk what happened on that booker 3 lol

This place is stuffed to the gills with Blue, its absolutely awesome
That's insane. Approaching a game in Rupp as far as UK fans go.

Top Bottom