• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

At least Duke decided to give a fuck in the second half and keep this game respectable.

Maybe the committee will have mercy on our souls and spare us from Kentucky.

spyder_ur

Okafor is really good. Most polished low-post scorer coming out of college since I don't know. Duncan? It's really impressive. Great footwork and body control.

Ha. Turnover in the post - right on cue.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Duke deserves the 1 seed vs UVA if its going to be a 1 seed to the ACC. Personally I don't think Gonzaga deserves shit, They are the Boise St in CBB

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Can we please have Jay Bilas not call any more Duke games? He and Shulman playing up this Duke ref conspiracy bullshit gets real old. I know its ESPN's call but still, those two are the worst. I think I'd rather have Elmore, nobody takes him seriously.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Bilas has been fine.

not really, he and Shulman are awful together. Maybe it won't be so bad when CBS offers him more money.

EDIT: Awful is Jahlil Okafor at the FT line. I think thats his worst liability in the next level. To be that polished on offense and a sub 50% FT shooter? awful.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if more teams will follow ND's lead and single-team Okafor. Worked quite well against us tonight.

I wonder if more teams will follow ND's lead and single-team Okafor. Worked quite well against us tonight.

I think that only works if you can surely score on the other end. Because you're literally spotting Duke two points each possession.

And if you happen to have Justice Winslow play the worst half of his college career, that helps too.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Oh well, I feel bad for Notre Dame for the Carolina crowd they'll have tomorrow. As for Duke, on to some 15 seed.

It would be real easy to win that game if I'm coaching. Assuming their best player is a guard (its almost always a PG), just have Winslow lay the fucker out. Easy win

EDIT: Quin shat the bed tonight too, and he's been really good up to this point. More bothered by the 1st half than the over all loss.

ND won't hit the broad side of a barn tomorrow and the refs will take care of Grant.

iamblades

Well I'm almost certain that's what UK would do, but UK is one of the few teams in the nation that has bodies that can match up with him at all, and if all else fails we have plenty of fouls to use to hack him. We'd force him to muscle it out with Dakari and Towns on offense and abuse him with pick and rolls on the other end.

We probably would work more than ND on denying entry passes because of our length though. WCS on the guard making the entry can substantially change the angle of the pass, and hopefully force the catch well outside of the paint.

He'd still get his points, but he hopefully wouldn't be able to break down the defense leading to open shots for the other guys.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I think that only works if you can surely score on the other end. Because you're literally spotting Duke two points each possession.

And if you happen to have Justice Winslow play the worst half of his college career, that helps too.

Bad first half for the entire team other than Jah. We basically won the second half by 10 and then before we had to start rushing shots and fouling.

iamblades

I would put money on us getting bounced in the first round.

I doubt a 15 is going to have as much luck upsetting duke as in years past. That is why Okafor has value and makes the team better even though his on/off stats are terrible. A dominant big basically makes it impossible for one of those teams to upset you(or should anyway), a 15 seed is going to be guarding him with 6'7" guys.

It's all about minimizing variance, and nothing does that better than a size advantage.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I doubt a 15 is going to have as much luck upsetting duke as in years past. That is why Okafor has value and makes the team better even though his on/off stats are terrible. A dominant big basically makes it impossible for one of those teams to upset you(or should anyway), a 15 seed is going to be guarding him with 6'7" guys.

It's all about minimizing variance, and nothing does that better than a size advantage.

I'm worried about getting bounced in the first game because I don't know if the 1 and done kids will give enough of a shit to show up vs some no name team. I'd have more confidence in Duke playing UK than Duke playing a Mercer/Lehigh team. By the time they give a shit, its over.

iamblades

I'm worried about getting bounced in the first game because I don't know if the 1 and done kids will give enough of a shit to show up vs some no name team. I'd have more confidence in Duke playing UK than Duke playing a Mercer/Lehigh team. By the time they give a shit, its over.

That has never really been an issue for UK's in the tourney. Mostly they've been extra hyped to show off on the big stage.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member

Nah those guys love playing together, and this is the last time they'll be able to do that, probably ever. Once they're in the league, they'll be split up across different teams. I love this year's chemistry, and you can tell everyone has bought in (after Sheed got booted, anyway).

I feel much, MUCH better about this team heading into the tournament than I did last year and in 2012. Y'all get so negative after each loss. This one wasn't even that bad.

Fjordson

Yeah, I don't think this was that bad for Duke. Notre Dame is good.

Duke's defense is still spotty sometimes, though. Goddamn @ 30 points in the paint for Notre Dame in the first half alone.

Clydefrog

UCI vs Hawaii.

For a berth.

Mein gott....

GO BOWS GO BOWS GO BOWS GO BOWS GO BOWS GO BOWS GO BOWS GO BOWS GO BOWS GO BOWS GO BOWS GO BOWS GO BOWS GO BOWS GO BOWS GO BOWS GO BOWS GO BOWS GO BOWS GO BOWS GO BOWS GO BOWS

thefro

IU's really going to be sweating the NCAA bubble if Wyoming wins tonight and SMU loses in the AAC tourney.

Rhode Island is also a couple wins away from stealing a bid in the A-10.

Gonna be an interesting day.

eznark

Banned
Glad Oregon pulled that out. Those were some bullshit calls at the end of that game. Good to see pac basketball refs are as fuckawful as their football counterparts.

Bowser

Glad Oregon pulled that out. Those were some bullshit calls at the end of that game. Good to see pac basketball refs are as fuckawful as their football counterparts.

Unfortunately it seems like referees in all of college basketball are just horrendous.

Wisky's gonna steal UVa's one seed if they can run through the B1G tournament.

Top Bottom