• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

Mrbob

Bo going to have to lay into the team at halftime. Lazy on defense at times and relying too much on outside jumpers for offense.

I guess some people believe that Wisky is a 1 seed win or lose today. Still I rather see them win to secure it.

Honestly Sconi is the surest 1 not named Kentucky in the field.

Their resume stacks up favorably in terms of quality of wins/bad losses/and SOS to Zona and Nova (and Virginia), they have less losses than Duke (plus the fact that they won their conference regular season and probably tournament titles, which Duke didn't either of), and eye test tells pretty much everyone that they're playing the second best ball of any team in the country.

But as had been said several times in this thread, the only reason that getting on that 1 line is important is because of the committee's ass-backwards idea to base the strongest 2s region on geography rather than following the S-curve. That means if Duke, Wisconsin, or Virginia are 5 (and the first 2 seed) on the S-curve they'll be paired with Kentucky in the Midwest and sent to certain death. Basically everyone other than Kentucky can be beaten any day.

thefro

Considering some shitty SEC teams almost beat Kentucky 3-4 times I'd expect Duke/Virginia/Wisconsin all have a fair chance of doing it.

Holy crap Tom Izzo is a good coach. He always gets his team gelling by March. In non conference they lost to a SWAC team and now they are looking to win the BIG tourney

Bowser

Hm, 9 point lead with ~8min to go, then a double digit run over 2:30 for the other team...where have I seen this before?

March Izzo is a problem. Don't care how the team looks in the regular season, he always has them hooping come tourney time...until he meets Roy and then shits the bed.

Yeah, but our guys can read and write. It's all relative.

kobeyuck.png

DominoKid

stuff like that really makes me wish they'd move some of the stuff around the court back a few more feet. Brice almost fucked himself up trying a similar save in the semi.

The rumor with Crean leaving and Stevens coming a couple weeks ago had Crean going to Alabama
keep hope alive.

Top Bottom