• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

Buffalo, coached by GOAT PG Bobby Hurley, is going to the tournament for the first time ever.

Naturally, they'll be in the 2/15 game against Duke, where they'll be 2.5 point favorites.

Well that's a choke

EDIT: Pat Connaughton looks like a leprechaun

EDIT2: Bilas trying to cape for UNC. This game's done Jay. Carolina ain't got the heart to comeback.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Maybe ND realizes they ain't winning shit in football any more. When they are one, they could challange anyone. A 22-2 run outta nowhere is a scary thing.

Man, three years of non-Duke/UNC regular season champions and four years of non-Duke/UNC tournament champions (the loser each year being Duke/UNC) -- times are changing. Ugh (and I say that as a NCSU fan).

The Big East now officially runs the ACC. I don't know how to feel about that...

Maybe ND realizes they ain't winning shit in football any more. When they are one, they could challange anyone. A 22-2 run outta nowhere is a scary thing.

ND's an enigma. Because they can conjure up magical 20-2 runs and then they can also go 12 minutes without a bucket. They're as live by the 3/die by the 3ish as a late 00's Duke team.

I see a lot of people getting suckered by this weekend into picking them for a deep run on their brackets just for ND to go ice cold and lose a 2nd round game.

DominoKid

The Big East now officially runs the ACC. I don't know how to feel about that...

It was the only outcome once the ACC spread its legs for them.

As for us this loss was just all the issue that infuriate me in one game.

Puzzling sub decisions, lack of defensive adjustments, outdated defensive philosophy, inability to win a tournament of any kind.

TomShoe

Banned
>My dad's school getting in with a losing record
>My school plays like complete ass and gets bounced in the 2nd round

Why me

yeah, if these 3 meetings have proven anything it's that Oregon doesn't have the size to compete with Arizona on the glass. Jordan Bell getting into foul trouble doesn't help either

eznark

Banned
Hopefully Bucky secured a 1. They looked pretty fucking great this weekend and the others faltered. Doesn't matter except that they'd get the 2 seed in KYs bracket.

UConn is never not the best story come March.

nillapuddin

The line to get into warmups is wrapping around the stadium, there has been a couple hundred the past few days, but this is insane

INsJLZ8.jpg

Bowser

Jesus that game changed in the blink of an eye last night. Up 8 to down 12 in about 2:30 of game time. Thank god I was out at a bar allowing me to drown my sorrows.

You'd think Grant was James fucking Harden all the damn calls he was getting. Never seen a team attempt 20+ 3s also have 20+ more FT attempts than the other team.

Rhino charging while spinning towards the paint. Definition of a charge. Idk how you can give the offensive player the benefit of that call. Dude was out of control.

Nah, theyll trip up somewhere int he tourney then we'll just get to hear how they went 38(37,39)-1 when ultimately it wont matter.

Look, I get it. I hate tOSU and I had them pinned at 0% chance to win the NCAAF playoff and I ate crow. They might lose you are correct. But quit trying to be Nostradamus all up in here. Which team is going to trip us up anyways? You realize this is the best basketball team this game has seen in years, right? Are you just going to be one of those guys that pretend it's not because the SEC is weak?

Side note: I have a feeling the SEC will show up in this tourney just because our 10-11 seeds will be matched against other major conferences middle of the road teams and I'm hoping the SEC will win those games this year. Just so all the other haters won't be able to discredit our season.

Nothing personal, Buck. I just hate your team, as I live right on the Ohio river over here in Kentucky. I hope you are wrong but we shall see. Here's hoping we make history though.

Fjordson

I'm not convinced we'll run the table yet. Won't be until we're cutting down the nets. Things are just too unpredictable in the tourney.

Also, college officiating is an explosive variable that can keep a game artificially close. Anything can happen in a one game scenario.

Look, I get it. I hate tOSU and I had them pinned at 0% chance to win the NCAAF playoff and I ate crow. They might lose you are correct. But quit trying to be Nostradamus all up in here. Which team is going to trip us up anyways? You realize this is the best basketball team this game has seen in years, right? Are you just going to be one of those guys that pretend it's not because the SEC is weak?

Side note: I have a feeling the SEC will show up in this tourney just because our 10-11 seeds will be matched against other major conferences middle of the road teams and I'm hoping the SEC will win those games this year. Just so all the other haters won't be able to discredit our season.

Nothing personal, Buck. I just hate your team, as I live right on the Ohio river over here in Kentucky. I hope you are wrong but we shall see. Here's hoping we make history though.

Not trying to play Nostradamus here, just how the tounrey works. I have no doubt in my mind that UK is the best team in the country this year by far. Stupid stuff happens in and the best teams dont always win, all it takes is one team to get hot behind the arc.

DominoKid

sit back, relax and enjoy the coronation. the only question is whether you can outdo our 09 run of double digit wins in every game.

Shaka locked up that A10 tournament w/o his best player. what a coach.

Bowser

I guess some people believe that Wisky is a 1 seed win or lose today. Still I rather see them win to secure it.

I think they'll get it regardless. They've lost to Duke, who will be a 1, Rutgers without Kaminsky, and @ Maryland, a probable 3 seed and top 15 team. Also, it's clear UVa isn't the same team as they were with a healthy Anderson. IMO the 1 and 2 seeds fall like this:

Midwest/East/South/West
UK/Villanova/Duke/Wisconsin
Kansas/Virginia/Gonzaga/Arizona

Top Bottom