• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

eznark

Banned
^ No, the vance will have happened. Want to sim it?

I really thought after the job he did at VCU that he would have done well at Bama, but was I way wrong. Other than UK and UF, Alabama is one of the few SEC schools that actually gets NBA talent every now and then.

In today's economy SEC schools can really only afford multimillion dollar player contracts in one sport per school.

nillapuddin

QlguSlb.jpg

34-0

Such a good game. Anytime the boys needed to answer the bell they did. This team is special.

Bowser

@ESPNStatsInfo: Michigan State's 0 points in OT are tied for the fewest all-time by any team in an OT period

This is a real tweet.

My body's ready for all the salty tears when Duke gets a 1 seed and people start claiming East Coast Bias/Duke-ESPN industrial complex/Committee Agenda/Illuminati like they do every year.

My body's ready for all the salty tears when Duke gets a 1 seed and people start claiming East Coast Bias/Duke-ESPN industrial complex/Committee Agenda/Illuminati like they do every year.

So let me get this, even though a team wins their conference championship, they are not guaranteed top seed from their conference?

Im sort of new to college hoops (Im an Aussie) but want to watch follow the Tournament this year as I caught the end of last years and was interested.

Fjordson

I think the 1 seeds will be UK, Nova, Wiscy and Virginia or Arizona.

When was the last time a defending champ didn't make the tourney. I would give the defending champs a chance to defend their title at least if I were on the committee
Kentucky =[ went to the NIT after the '12 title. We didn't deserve to be in the tourney that year.

The tourneys unpredictable, thus why the ncaa tournament is the best thing in sports. Just takes one team to get hot at the right time to fuck everything up.

Yeah, that's why I am buckling up for the ride this year. I only was sort of interested last year until the final four and then I realised that its pretty good fun to watch.

inm8num2

The tourneys unpredictable, thus why the ncaa tournament is the best thing in sports. Just takes one team to get hot at the right time to fuck everything up.

Yup. Just look at UConn last year.

UK should win it all. They're the best team out there, but crazy shit happens. Nothing is guaranteed until someone cuts down the nets.

Fjordson

So let me get this, even though a team wins their conference championship, they are not guaranteed top seed from their conference?

Im sort of new to college hoops (Im an Aussie) but want to watch follow the Tournament this year as I caught the end of last years and was interested.
Yeah, it's a little weird. The conference tourneys don't always directly translate to the NCAA tourney. There's a committee that forms the brackets and at the end of the day it's up to their subjective judgment as far as who deserves what seeds.

Snwaters

Kinda sad that my university has not, and probably will not in the foreseeable future, make the tournament. Guess I'll be pulling for Villanova; be interesting to see how far they can go.

Generally a team that wins their conference tournament and had the best record in the conference in the regular season gets a 1 seed.

The last team to do both and not get a 1 seed was Miami two years ago.

At the same time, it is pretty rare to see a 1 seed given to a team that didn't win their conference championship or regular season title, the last teams to do that were Pittsburgh and Connecticut in 2009.

Top Bottom