• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

Generally a team that wins their conference tournament and had the best record in the conference in the regular season gets a 1 seed.

The last team to do both and not get a 1 seed was Miami two years ago.

At the same time, it is pretty rare to see a 1 seed given to a team that didn't win their conference championship or regular season title, the last teams to do that were Pittsburgh and Connecticut in 2009.

So you're saying the WAC champion gets a 1 seed.

He's down under, you have to clarify! He calls CFB games "matches," for crying out loud.

thefro

Geez, they really loaded up the Midwest bracket with Midwest teams

Butler, Notre Dame, Indiana, Valpo, Purdue, Cincy, Kansas, Wichita State, Kentucky all in the Midwest

Yeah, it's a little weird. The conference tourneys don't always directly translate to the NCAA tourney. There's a committee that forms the brackets and at the end of the day it's up to their subjective judgment as far as who deserves what seeds.

Generally a team that wins their conference tournament and had the best record in the conference in the regular season gets a 1 seed.

The last team to do both and not get a 1 seed was Miami two years ago.

At the same time, it is pretty rare to see a 1 seed given to a team that didn't win their conference championship or regular season title, the last teams to do that were Pittsburgh and Connecticut in 2009.

Cheers.

I was just looking at the website and it has Kentucky already listed as no1 in the top quarter bracket:

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/basketball-men/d1

So given the draw is not done for another hour, Im guessing the no. 1 ranked automatically gets a 1 seed?

EDIT: just seen the draw is being updated now, mustve got my time differences wrong!

Tapiozona

Banned
The worst possible scenario in my eyes. I'd rather be a two seed in the east.

Oh I agree. As the top 2 seed we shouldn't have to play Duke. I'm hoping Wisconsin is #1 west and will likely be since they'd be playing in Omaha, nice and close to the badgers.

Or they could put Arizona in the south, playing in Seattle.

Velcro Fly

Are the Louisville games Thursday/Saturday or Friday/Sunday?

I'd totally drive down 65 to Louisville to cheer on Purdue for a game or two.

Bowser

I think they'll get it regardless. They've lost to Duke, who will be a 1, Rutgers without Kaminsky, and @ Maryland, a probable 3 seed and top 15 team. Also, it's clear UVa isn't the same team as they were with a healthy Anderson. IMO the 1 and 2 seeds fall like this:

Midwest/East/South/West
UK/Villanova/Duke/Wisconsin
Kansas/Virginia/Gonzaga/Arizona

Preemptive, but I feel comfortable posting this now

h6qdVSk.gif

bachikarn

I really thought after the job he did at VCU that he would have done well at Bama, but was I way wrong. Other than UK and UF, Alabama is one of the few SEC schools that actually gets NBA talent every now and then.

huh? Don't think that's true at all. What NBA talent does Bama get? If anything, it must be really hard to recruit at Alabama. LSU, Tenn, Arkansas tends to get talent but regularly wastes it (except when Pearl was there).

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Do either Robert Morris or North Florida have a decent PG? Have Winslow take him out.
Surprised St Johns is our 2 since we just played them 2 months ago. I like our chances if we get past them.

Top Bottom