• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA 2014-15 Men's Basketball |OT| It's Cal's World, We're Just Living In It

eznark

Banned
Unfortunately it seems like referees in all of college basketball are just horrendous.

Wisky's gonna steal UVa's one seed if they can run through the B1G tournament.

It's weird to me that a totally meaningless Rutgers loss with a few mitigating circumstances would be weighted so much more heavily than losing in your conference tournament but whatever.

DominoKid

As great as it was to see a UNC win and a Duke loss in person, the best stuff of the night had to be the halftime/timeout games.

IDK where they found people that couldnt hit freethrows or layups. shit forks were barely getting rim.

This dude baaaaaaaaaadly airballed a halfcourt shot for a million, missed a freethrow for like $1000 and bricked a layup for $500

couple thoughts on the games
- justin jackson finally showed up major. no surprise that we actually beat an elite team because of that.
- UVA was not impressive at all. were it not for careless throwaways we win that by 12+. they look like the first 1 or 2 out.
- the crowd didn't give Duke a hard time at all. have to say that was overblown.
- okafor post moves in person
n6DZ7.png
. the refs favor him too much though.

Silkworm

Cats rolling against a depleted Auburn team. Going to get ugly unless Auburn finds someway to get hot from 3 but UK so far has been good at clamping down on the perimeter. Hopefully the Georgia vs Arkansas game will be more competitive.

nillapuddin

Jeeze idk who is watching this game at home, but its dreadful. On course for 1 point per minute.

I'm sorry, after seeing Portis play 4 games this year, I don't see what makes him so coveted. I understand at the end of the game his scorecard looks good, but I'm not seeing him dominate a team or game. I feel like he gets all the easy baskets and then simply has such a height advantage over some of these same teams that he puts in work on the glass. Im not trying to be a hater, I just don't get it, maybe in the games I haven't seen he just goes off

hoos30

Jerry Palm still has Virginia as a 1 seed over Arizona. Wonder if that switches if Arizona wins their tourney.
AZ has three pretty ugly losses. Should not even be in the conversation for a #1. UVa will probably get the #2 (hopefully in the East), which would be fair for the way we are playing now.

CAELyIPU0AAu7pi.png:large

For those playing at home

KenPom has UK,Zona,Sconi,UVa,Nova,Zags, Duke in that order

BPI has UK, Sconi, UVa, Zona, Zags, Nova, Duke

UK's obviously a lock, and Gonzaga's out. So we have Wisconsin, Virginia, Villanova, Arizona, and Duke competing for three spots.

By hard computer metrics (KenPom BPI), Duke and Nova would be the odd two out.

By quality of wins/SOS, Nova and Arizona would be the odd two out.

By eye test, probably Arizona and Virginia would be the odd two out.

Bowser

CAELyIPU0AAu7pi.png:large

For those playing at home

KenPom has UK,Zona,Sconi,UVa,Nova,Zags, Duke in that order

BPI has UK, Sconi, UVa, Zona, Zags, Nova, Duke

UK's obviously a lock, and Gonzaga's out. So we have Wisconsin, Virginia, Villanova, Arizona, and Duke competing for three spots.

By hard computer metrics (KenPom BPI), Duke and Nova would be the odd two out.

By quality of wins/SOS, Nova and Arizona would be the odd two out.

By eye test, probably Arizona and Virginia would be the odd two out.

I think it's obvious Duke deserves a 1 seed. They have the best wins out of that group. UK/Duke and personally I think it should be Wisconsin/UVa after that. Villanova's resume in terms of "best wins" and SoS doesn't really impress me.

DominoKid

Its not gonna make a huge difference whether you get on the 1 or 2 line. You just want to avoid the juggernauts as long as possible. This year theres only 1 to be fearful of. The rest you should feel confident about facing in any scenario.

Fjordson

I don't think Duke will get one. If Arizona wins tonight think it will be UK, Wisconsin, Arizona and Nova. Maybe UVA if Arizona loses. Or UVA over Nova.

Fjordson

Who cares if Duke gets a 1. Seeds are irrelevant if they're good enough.
Well it's nice to not have to run into another 1 until the final four. And that 1-16 game is basically a bye since that upset has never happened. But you're right, not a big difference.

I just like the geographical advantage this year for UK as a 1. Louisville --> Clevland --> Indy = pro UK crowds.

Enjoy the final, Carolina/ND fans.

Bomani Jones retweeted
Pat Forde @YahooForde · 15m 15 minutes ago
Best sight in Greensboro: Duke fans wearing leprechaun hats to the Coliseum. They like Notre Dame a lot more today than they did last night.

Bomani Jones @bomani_jones · 14m 14 minutes ago
just aren’t enough duke fans to truly make that work. if duke were playing nd in the final, unc fans would have it looking like dublin.

Laieon

March Madness is the only time of the year I watch Basketball (or any sport really), mostly because I like to see how well I do in a pool without any knowledge going in.

Can we start filling out brackets yet? For the past 5 years or so I've gotten an invite to a pool from a teacher I had in High School, but I haven't gotten an email yet so I'm not quite sure what's going on with that. Does GAF have a group?

Question gaf, does the Strength of Schedule work in basketball as it did before in football? Meaning if Oregon wins will it help out UCLA? Just curious. Sorry for asking this again

March Madness is the only time of the year I watch Basketball (or any sport really), mostly because I like to see how well I do in a pool without any knowledge going in.

Can we start filling out brackets yet? For the past 5 years or so I've gotten an invite to a pool from a teacher I had in High School, but I haven't gotten an email yet so I'm not quite sure what's going on with that. Does GAF have a group?

Brackets are revealed tomorrow at 6PM EDT. ~20.5 hours from now.

Top Bottom