• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA March Madness 2016 - Men's Tournament |OT| Nobody is good this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilhawk

Eh. 538 has them #22 in Elo, and that's not super "advanced".

Maybe their RPI sucks (I haven't checked -- does it?), but RPI sucks in general?
RPI of 50.
Only 1-3 in Top 50
4-7 Top 100
5 losses outside Top 50
Best win is Neutral Dec game against Utah.

The efficiency metrics and just us knowing their talent and recent history is why their seed is out of wack.

RPI of 50.
Only 1-3 in Top 50
4-7 Top 100
5 losses outside Top 50
Best win is Neutral Dec game against Utah.

The efficiency metrics and just us knowing their talent and recent history is why their seed is out of wack.
RPI is a metric, it's a really shitty one. It's been wrong before, it'll be wrong again. This is a top 10 team.

iamblades

They've played pretty damn well tonight

^^

What are the odds that the worst Kentucky front court since Cal got here would set the NCAA tournament record for blocks?

Skal is soft on the boards and all the bigs are too foul prone, but they are not unskilled as a group. They just can't compare to Cousins, Davis, Towns and Noel, which would be a hard comparison for anyone to live up to really.

Did all 4 #9 seeds beat the 8s?

3 of 4, the last one goes tomorrow.

I think I read that the last time the 9s swept was in 2001.

Edit:

8 vs. 9

It's no surprise that this matchup is almost dead even, with 8 seeds holding a 63-61 edge since 1985. But if you're looking for a recent trend, No. 8 seeds have won 15 of 20 meetings dating to 2011.

Despite the even nature of the matchup, the last time the No. 9 seeds won more than two meetings versus No. 8 seeds in a single tournament was nearly a decade ago, in 2007.

The No. 8 seeds swept all four meetings last year for the first time since 2002. The last time the 9 seeds swept was 2001.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/14943099/upsets-seeds-teams-college-basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom