• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA March Madness 2016 - Men's Tournament |OT| Nobody is good this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far the only mess in my bracket is Purdue and Iona both losing. I originally had Little Rock winning but then losing to Iona, but second guessed myself and had Purdue advance and beat Iona. Ah well. Bracket is only minor fucked so far, woo!

Bowser

Props to Empyrean Heaven for calling this to be a tight game.

UNC is going to have to play the full 40 minutes if they don't want to make the short trip back to Chapel Hill on Saturday.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I hate giving UNC credit for anything but that 2nd half start is exactly what you want to do to shut down the upset bid.

thefro

Indiana took care of business. Bring on Kentucky.

Impressive win for sure. Always feels like you can do some major damage when you blow out your opponent in round 1.

I think this team has a higher ceiling than the 12-13 team when they play well.

Like I said earlier, I believe IU matches up really well against Kentucky.

Fjordson

Such a shame Murray and Ulis got stuck with this group of bigs. They're so bad. Just one competent big man from any of Calipari's past couple UK teams would be a gigantic upgrade to all these guys collectively.

Owensboro

Well, at least this UK game isn't the worst game I've seen all year (thanks for taking that crown, LSU). Doesn't give me a lot of hope for the next round (if they even win this).

Loved the Little Rock and Yale games. Man I love this tournament!

Wichita St's defense is impossible. Zona can barely get a shot off.

e: I'm just saying, we all need to consider the possibility that the tournament committee intentionally gave them a bad seed to try to save us all from a 50-35 national title game final.

Proelite

Wichita state must be the first team in NCAA history where their analytics ranking is higher than their seed.

9 on Kenpom.

Wichita state must be the first team in NCAA history where their analytics ranking is higher than their seed.

9 on Kenpom.
Complete destruction of Arizona right now.

Arizona got fucked over by the selection committee. Going by kenpom, this is the equivalent of Texas A&M getting a 6 seed, and having a first round game against... #11 Oregon.

Am I going crazy or was Baylor's jerseys edited from White to Neon Yellow in the highlights? I was going to say something earlier but I figured I was overdosed on bball today and my memory was merging games. I honestly thought they were showing a previous highlight where teammates got in a similar pushing match. But just now I saw that Chuck and Spike wearing the same vest and beanie outfit commercial but in neon yellow not white. What's going on?

devilhawk

Complete destruction of Arizona right now.

Arizona got fucked over by the selection committee. Going by kenpom, this is the equivalent of Texas A&M getting a 6 seed, and having a first round game against... #11 Oregon.
By advanced metrics, sure. By WSU's resume (who they beat and lost to)? They honestly shouldn't have been in the tournament. It's weird, but it's true.

Am I going crazy or was Baylor's jerseys edited from White to Neon Yellow in the highlights? I was going to say something earlier but I figured I was overdosed on bball today and my memory was merging games. I honestly thought they were showing a previous highlight where teammates got in a similar pushing match. But just now I saw that Chuck and Spike wearing the same vest and beanie outfit commercial but in neon yellow not white. What's going on?
It was neon yellow. Or green. Or whatever the hell that color is.

I am not a doctor, but your brain probably bleached their uniforms white out of self defense.

iamblades

Impressive win for sure. Always feels like you can do some major damage when you blow out your opponent in round 1.

I think this team has a higher ceiling than the 12-13 team when they play well.

Like I said earlier, I believe IU matches up really well against Kentucky.

Depends on what you mean by that. They are both guard oriented teams with much better offense than defense, so it's somewhat of a fucked up mirror match.

Not like they have the kind of size to physically dominate, so it'll just be about which team shoots better. Which is scary as a UK fan, I hate those kinds of coin flip games. It is the recipe for an exciting game though.

By advanced metrics, sure. By WSU's resume (who they beat and lost to)? They honestly shouldn't have been in the tournament. It's weird, but it's true.
Eh. 538 has them #22 in Elo, and that's not super "advanced".

Maybe their RPI sucks (I haven't checked -- does it?), but RPI sucks in general?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom