• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrbob

Good grief that was horrible. Might be a blessing in disguise to not have to play any more games but that was one of the worst performances I've ever seen. You better win some tourney games Bo.

Cubsfan23 said:

good luck to uconn playing 5th game in 5 against a pressing team lol
plus we beat them twice this year already...but man kemba has been playing better then he ever has against us

also
img_2041_medium.jpg

the look on the faces...soo good

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
Mrbob said:
Good grief that was horrible. Might be a blessing in disguise to not have to play any more games but that was one of the worst performances I've ever seen. You better win some tourney games Bo.

Just saw the box score for that game...crazy.

Wisconsin 2 for 21 from beyond the arc. At some point, you have to just stop taking threes, don't you?

I went to a Pitt game where the score was around 15 to 7 at half time. It was like 7-6 for most of the first half, then Pitt went on a 9-0 run in the last three minutes of the quarter. Both teams went something like 13 minutes without scoring a single point.

It was incredible, really. The other team was awful, so they were just taking horrible shots, passing it out of bounds, and dropping it going up for layups and stupid stuff like that. Pitt was just missing every shot they took. The crowd absolutely erupted when somebody finally scored.

GodfatherX said:
plus we beat them twice this year already...but man kemba has been playing better then he ever has against us

also
img_2041_medium.jpg

the look on the faces...soo good

What is the story with that pic? Any idea what he said?

I've been riding a high for the last couple hours. Can't wait for tomorrow night...

Preston Knowles is only 4 points away from being the 63rd Louisville Cardinal with 1000 points in his career, and possibly a 2nd Big East Tourney title under his belt.

UCONN won't be a slouch either, but I am hoping for a repeat of 2009. Hope we tire them and contain Kemba Walker.

giga

Paul Hewitt has been let go at Georgia Tech.

According to sources, the Yellow Jackets coach – who has spent the past 11 years at the school – was informed of the decision Saturday morning.

ALRIGHT.gif

giga

truly101 said:
Bring on Tubby. There is no reason GT shouldn't be a top 25 team almost every year with the talent they get.
I'd be down with anyone at this point. Tubby would at least keep some of our recruits from leaving.

Confirmed: http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-tech-s...ut-at-tech/?cxntfid=blogs_georgia_tech_sports

“I’m no longer the coach at Georgia Tech,” he said.

He and athletics director Dan Radakovich met at 10 a.m. today.

“I feel very fortunate to have 11 years at Georgia Tech,” he said. “They’ve been more than fair to me and my family. I wish them all the best. I think Tech is in good hands.”
He's a good guy, just not a coach. One of the best recruiters though.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Seth C said:
Seriously, if you get Tubby in 4 years you will be saying "He's a good guy, just not a recruiter. A good bench coach though."

Atlanta recruits itself, much more than Lexington.

Seth C

truly101 said:
Atlanta recruits itself, much more than Lexington.

Seriously dude? He couldn't recruit to a school coming off of THREE straight championship games. It doesn't MATTER if Atlanta can recruit itself. He won't be interested in the players trying to come. And before you say he can hire a good recruiter, don't bother, because he won't. We tried that at Kentucky and he refused to allow it. He willfully and deliberately refuses to take/recruit players that aren't his "type" no matter their skill or desire to play for his school.

Even at Kentucky, 4 of his seasons were ended in the second round. Kentucky is the only school he's been able to get beyond the Sweet 16. At Minnesota he's thus far not managed to escape the first round. If that's the best Georgia Tech wants, why bother firing Paul Hewitt?

giga

Heres the ajc on who we could pick up.

Mike Anderson, Missouri: He presides over a Top 25 program in a major conference. (And Missouri can throw money at him to stay.) But he grew up in Birmingham and coached at UAB and worked under Nolan Richardson at Arkansas, and he might have a hankering to return to the South. And I for one would love to see his full-tilt style shake up the rather staid ACC.

Scott Drew, Baylor: He coached under his famous dad Homer at Valparaiso and has worked since 2003 in Waco, where he inherited a program leveled by a scandal involving the murder of a by a former player. Last spring he took the Bears to the Elite Eight, after which he signed a 10-year extension. Not sure he’d leave for Tech, but how much longer is a coach this young (40) and skilled apt to stay in Waco?

Brian Gregory, Dayton: He doesn’t fit the definition of a Hot Young Guy. He’s 44, which isn’t that young, but he’s 167-89 in seven-plus seasons at a mid-major that takes the sport seriously, and he apprenticed under Tom Izzo at Michigan State.

Cuonzo Martin, Missouri State: Here’s your Hot Young Guy. Martin was Glenn Robinson’s wingman at Purdue when the Big Dog was the best player in college basketball. Martin played in Europe and survived non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and has become a coach of growing portfolio. He won 24 games last season at Missouri State, which as Southwest Missouri State perpetrated a memorable NCAA tournament upset of Clemson at the old Omni. Another reason to like Martin: He worked under Gene Keady at Purdue, and Keady assistants do well. Think Kevin Stallings at Vanderbilt, Bruce Weber at Illinois and now Matt Painter with the Boilermakers.

Chris Mooney, Richmond: Good young coach — he’s 38 — at another pedigreed mid-major. He played under the legendary Pete Carril at Princeton, which means, surprisingly enough, that he runs the Princeton Offense. Mooney led the Spiders to the NCAA tournament last season.

Mark Turgeon, Texas A&M: Played under Larry Brown at Kansas, coached under both Brown and Roy Williams there. Turgeon also signed a contract extension after last season, in which he took the Aggies to the NCAA tournament for the third time in three tries. Not sure he’d leave for Tech, either, unless he just wants out of College Station and into the ACC. (A&M is rumored to be bound for the SEC, which might or might not be a consideration.)

Craig Neal, New Mexico: Known as Noodles when he played at Tech, where he first served as Mark Price’s backup before becoming an outstanding point after Price departed. He has been Steve Alford’s chief assistant in Albuquerque since 2007, and last season the Lobos were 30-5 and entered the NCAA tournament as a No. 3 seed. I cannot imagine a circumstance in which Neal would not crawl to Atlanta for a chance to coach his alma mater.

Herb Sendek, Arizona State: He’s the dullest guy in the world, and he’s not a great recruiter. He left N.C. State in a snit because Wolfpack fans weren’t satisfied with five consecutive NCAA tournament appearances. There’s a chance Sendek could get fired this season. It’s not often a big-time program hires a coach who has just been canned at another school, but Sendek does have a history of winning in the ACC. He was 46-34 in league play his final five seasons at State.

giga said:

mike anderson is a good coach. i have no idea how much he wants the arkansas job but if he wants it a lot i could see him staying at missouri for now until it opens up. dont let him fool you scott drew is dirty and might be up for leaving before the shit hits the fan. i know yahoo has started investigating him/baylor basketball and ive heard rumors the ncaa is as well. i wouldnt want him leading my team although he will get you recruits but they will prob come with ncaa trouble down the line

Harrison Barnes is a great college basketball player and would be a great fit for the flex. I don't think he'll be a star in the NBA because his athleticism is only average, but he could pretty good.

GreekWolf

Josh, you Peter-Brady looking, uber-doofus. I take back every poisonous thing I've said about you this season. I love you, man.

MEMPHIS! MEMPHIS! MEMPHIS!

jakncoke

Banned
ahh it seems Boston never danced before either. so either way a new person to the dance.

Edit: guess bostom has been, fucking announcer said otherwise.. so go stony brook

jakncoke

Banned
lol that seems dumb on Boston part. 2.4 seconds to go.. Stony Brook down 2 no to... what you do.. call to

Edit: oh wow that was pretty close

Just throwing out my input for yesterday: Awesome second half for the Gators. I couldn't watch the game because I was working, but I had a bad feeling when I saw they were down at halftime. I'm continually impressed with their ability to fight back. Vandy is a tough matchup, but still winnable. I'm hoping Florida sticks to whatever they had going for them in the second half against Tennessee.

jayhawker

giga said:

Scott Drew, Baylor: He coached under his famous dad Homer at Valparaiso and has worked since 2003 in Waco, where he inherited a program leveled by a scandal involving the murder of a by a former player. Last spring he took the Bears to the Elite Eight, after which he signed a 10-year extension. Not sure he’d leave for Tech, but how much longer is a coach this young (40) and skilled apt to stay in Waco?

You don't want Drew, trust me. Nobody in the Big 12 likes him, most prominently the other coaches. He has an awful reputation as a dirty recruiter, and he doesn't seem to be a very talented coach, outside of recruiting.

Where's this TAMU to SEC business coming from? They may or may not want to go, but I'm 99% positive that the Texas legislature would block any attempt by TAMU to split the 3 Texas schools up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom