• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
This is going to be the best night of work ever. I'm getting so fucked up tomorrow win or lose against Bucky.

Woooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joeposh

ryan-ts said:
Michigan wins! Gonna be dancin!

I'm so happy for this team. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year, one written off to experience but they overcame that by playing hard, every game, as a unit. It sounds cliched, but that's a big departure from the Manny Harris/Deshawn Sims show that we'd grown accustomed to the past few years. Anyone of this squad is capable of stepping up, and it's great to see them get a chance to showcase that.

Now onto the Bucks...

This will be a fun game tomorrow.

I don't think we'll lose it, but I wouldn't be totally shocked if it happened.

I just got a smile on my face thinking about last year's OSU/U-M tourney matchup.

ErasureAcer said:
Illinois sux. I won't be picking them if they make the tourney...they can not keep a lead.

Jereme Richmond sux so hard. He's a turnover machine.
Richmond does not "sux".

The team is a reflection of their (sadly terrible) coach.

I hope we get an 11 seed.

NewLib

Banned
I am done with Terrence Jones. Have fun in the NBADL!

Not a great defensive game, but Miller and Lamb played well on offense. Knight finally showed up at the end. Revenge Tour 2011 continues with Alabama tomorrow.

dabig2

Elfforkusu said:
Richmond does not "sux".

I hope we get an 11 seed.

21-4 run the last 9 minutes of that game. Lol. Fuck this team. I wish they wouldn't even get a tourney bid. Send their asses to the NIT.

At this point I'm just counting down the days the seniors have played their last game. 2nd time in Illinois history they havn't reached the Big10 semis. Fitting end to the season.

This Mower kid on Lafayette is the worst player I've seen over the past week of watching basketball.

haha then he misses 2 fts. Even LaPhonso Ellis is dissing him now..."funny spin to his shot."

Elfforkusu said:

reflection? Why you must be talking about a mirror. In which case you can argue Weber sucks because his team sucks. Not the other way around...see I can do it too.

3 times down the stretch of that game Richmond just handed Michigan the ball. Seriously, go back and watch it:

6:56 IL Lost ball turnover on Jereme Richmond, Stolen by Tim Hardaway Jr.
6:26 IL Lost ball turnover on Jereme Richmond, Stolen by Evan Smotrycz
6.0 IL Lost ball turnover on Jereme Richmond, Stolen by Tim Hardaway Jr.

I just went back and watched them all...they were all pathetic turnovers.

ErasureAcer said:
reflection? Why you must be talking about a mirror. In which case you can argue Weber sucks because his team sucks. Not the other way around...see I can do it too.

3 times down the stretch of that game Richmond just handed Michigan the ball. Seriously, go back and watch it:

6:56 IL Lost ball turnover on Jereme Richmond, Stolen by Tim Hardaway Jr.
6:26 IL Lost ball turnover on Jereme Richmond, Stolen by Evan Smotrycz (this one was just pathetic).
6.0 IL Lost ball turnover on Jereme Richmond, Stolen by Tim Hardaway Jr.
I'm familiar with the game. Everybody on our team does this once in a while. And we never force turnovers on the defensive end, period. It's painful.

dabig2 said:
21-4 run the last 9 minutes of that game. Lol. Fuck this team. I wish they wouldn't even get a tourney bid. Send their asses to the NIT.

At this point I'm just counting down the days the seniors have played their last game. 2nd time in Illinois history they havn't reached the Big10 semis. Fitting end to the season.
Just like we were happy to see Warren Carter et al go. Just like we were happy to see Randle/McBride go. Just like we were happy to see Shaun Pruitt go. Now it's McCamey/Davis/Tisdale.

Deron, Dee, Chet Frazier -- those guys are the exceptions that prove the rule. Weber wears guys out, and they tune him out.

Seth C

NewLib said:
I am done with Terrence Jones. Have fun in the NBADL!

Not a great defensive game, but Miller and Lamb played well on offense. Knight finally showed up at the end. Revenge Tour 2011 continues with Alabama tomorrow.

Kid was playing well until he twisted his ankle. Go easy on him. He does need another year of growing up though. He's not NBA ready.

Seth C

GodfatherX said:
any word on the Ole Miss UK post game scuffle in the tunnel?

Word is the Buckner kid who mouthed off in the pre-game interviews and went scoreless was going after Liggins (who enjoys more than his fair share of trash talking) and had to be restrained by his teammates, nearly thrown to the floor to hold him back.

NewLib

Banned
Seth C said:
Kid was playing well until he twisted his ankle. Go easy on him. He does need another year of growing up though. He's not NBA ready.

Its not just this game. The kid has one foot out the door and just doesnt seem to be a team player.

Mrbob

Michigan State up big in the 2nd half gonna go dancin'! Makes our path easier to the rematch of beating down Ohio State!

So we went from solidly in the Dance to the middle of the bubble in a span of 8 gametime minutes. Michigan State are now winning big, so Illini are the 6th B10 team right now. Will the committee take 6 B10 teams? Probably, but the justification for us to miss out AGAIN is there and easily made for the selection crew.

Weber definitely is on the hot seat after today. If we miss the tournament I am ok with canning his ass. I know he has had an incredibly bad string of luck the last few years and is a good guy in a sport filled with slime, but at some point you can't take it anymore. We are now in danger of missing the tournament 3 out of 4 years. Unfuckingaccceptable.

Mrbob

I think at worst Michigan drops to the last 4 in if they lose their next game. Playing at Dayton on Tuesday! On TruTV (where do I find this lol?)! You really need Wiscy to take out Penn State tonight and then State tomorrow.

SyNapSe

man, I feel bad for Selby but he shouldn't play in the NCAA tourney if he can't get his confidence back and find a way to fit into the gameplan.

I knew Purdue would show up lame in this tournament hence why I wanted the Gophers to play them. They're too streaky of a shooting team to go far in the dance. Maybe S16 at best.

NewLib

Banned
perfectchaos007 said:
Michigan St. is in tournament form. Elite 8 team for sure

They are playing a great game, but this is still the team that was tied with Iowa until a minute to go. Lets see if they continue this against Wisconsin...

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
This team has zero chemistry right now. You'd think they'd play with some sense of urgency after losing to UNC but no, its 2008 fraud Duke all over again.

jakncoke

Banned
ErasureAcer said:
W. Michigan player should be a boxer not a basketball player. What dumbass punches someone when the games on the line.

lmao

cuse' with a chance to tie this 12.3

edit: oh shit they got it. 4.6 to go for uconn possession

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So SMith goes down its 65-60 Duke and our D looks awful. Man, Curry Singler and Dawkins really stepped up and the whole team played with fire, win by 16 and shut down the terps. Please keep this up, win or lose, thats all I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom