• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michigan State don't look like the number 2 team in the country to me in any of the games I've seen them play. That said MSU always seem to start off slow every season.

UCF beat up on it's long time rival, Stetson, tonight 85-58. That brings UCF to 4-0 on the season. Alabama State and Florida are the next two games.

Love watching Duke, hate watching Kentucky. Kentucky looks like they have no idea how to play basketball and all of them "play" like the homeless man's Dwayne Wade (Go for the pump fakes on D, look for the whistle on O)

Proelite

caliblue15 said:
K-State is cold, and the fouls are in favor for the Devils, not looking good.

Kansas State played way too excited out there and got themselves a few quick fouls early.

Seth C

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Love watching Duke, hate watching Kentucky. Kentucky looks like they have no idea how to play basketball and all of them "play" like the homeless man's Dwayne Wade (Go for the pump fakes on D, look for the whistle on O)

Aw, you mad? You should be loving the Kentucky game. Washington flops almost as much as Duke of yore!

Anyone watching the Illini game? My stream is very poor quality and an Illini just did a monster fucking dunk, was it Brandon Paul? Holy shit that was sick.

against a VERY physical washington game, we come away with the win. they obviously do not like us, and reallllly don't like jones. but he dropped a double double on them, and we move on to the finals.

odds that walker scores 30+ again? he's got 59 points in 3 halves...kinda scary. i vote liggins to guard him like a monster.

iamblades

kkaabboomm said:
against a VERY physical washington game, we come away with the win. they obviously do not like us, and reallllly don't like jones. but he dropped a double double on them, and we move on to the finals.

odds that walker scores 30+ again? he's got 59 points in 3 halves...kinda scary. i vote liggins to guard him like a monster.

Yeah nice to get a win through defensive effort on an off shooting night. If we can clean up the occasional lapse in transition or botched switch, we should be an extremely good perimeter defense.

I only have 2 real concerns about this team, interior defense and free throws.

The free throw thing is really weird, it seems early on and in a game with a big lead, no one can hit anything, but with the game on the line they don't miss.

Good thing for now, but I wonder how long till the opposite happens.

eta: Kinda disappointed MSU lost, wanted to see how we match up against that kind of veteran team, as opposed to uconn which is that same kind of athletic scrappy team UW is. Should be a good game regardless.

iamblades said:
Yeah nice to get a win through defensive effort on an off shooting night. If we can clean up the occasional lapse in transition or botched switch, we should be an extremely good perimeter defense.

I only have 2 real concerns about this team, interior defense and free throws.

The free throw thing is really weird, it seems early on and in a game with a big lead, no one can hit anything, but with the game on the line they don't miss.

Good thing for now, but I wonder how long till the opposite happens.

eta: Kinda disappointed MSU lost, wanted to see how we match up against that kind of veteran team, as opposed to uconn which is that same kind of athletic scrappy team UW is. Should be a good game regardless.
you know who would help with some interior D? i won't say it, but you know you're thinking it too, and his appeal gets heard sometime next week...

our FT shooting is really weird, i'd agree. and even when we go almost ice cold from outside (3-17?), we still pull out the W. i like the way this team is developing.

jakncoke

Banned
Just noticed but 15 to's against RM pisses me off.

Edit: Yahoo doesn't list a last game played against Pennsylvania. So I assume this is our first time ever playing them.. kinda crazy in our entire history we've never played them.

jakncoke

Banned
lol Texas St pushed it to OT. They were down like nearly 30 or something with like 10 minutes left or something.

Edit: Texas had a lead with like 3 seconds to go in OT and I guess lost. Too bad couldn't watch that game, seemed rather interesting.

Well, MSU being early season MSU yesterday night. We let Walker go ape on us. It really hurt nit having Nix there too. Left us with Sherman and Green as our only legit big men (I don't count Roe as a big man and Payne is still a boy yet). Having Nix likely transfer is going to really hurt. Gonna have to rely heavily on the guard play.........yet again

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
caliblue15 said:
K-State is cold, and the fouls are in favor for the Devils, not looking good.
You know that the final foul talley was 26 on K State and 25 on Duke. Big difference is that you guys really struggled at the line. The refs seemed to give every charge call to Duke and K-State got every call when the teams were battling for rebounds.

All and all this was a great test for both teams, Duke didn't shoot as bad as they did against Marquette and they were keyed up to play K-State. KSU didn't shoot as well as they did against the zags (Pullen WTF?) and Duke answered every run K-State tried.

K-State has been terrible from the line all year, hopefully they can improve over time. im glad they could play Duke though. They need to take that next step and playing a team as good as Duke should help. i think K-State is an elite eight level team but not yet a final four level. So hopefully they can build on the loss and if they get a shot at Duke in the tournament Pullen has a better game

catspause.gif

Kemba Walker is a beast for UConn.

IU landed another five star today, good times! Well, in a couple years good times but I'll take it either way.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Flizzzipper said:
catspause.gif

Kemba Walker is a beast for UConn.

IU landed another five star today, good times! Well, in a couple years good times but I'll take it either way.

HEY BOO BOO!

watched the Uconn/Kentucky game at work with a UK fan who was getting so pissed because Kemba was "being cocky" after every play

how quick they forget John Wall's arrogant ass

Fuck that sucked.

And John wall was cocky in a smiling how-can-anyone-not-love-him way.

But fuck. Jones goes out and our team decided that basketball wasnt going to be played for the rest of the half by them.

And knight...he'll learn, and hopefully fix whatever happened on maui...damn.

Fuck that hurt. 4-1.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Flizzzipper said:
Yogi has to be good because getting beat by some dude called Yogi would make it twice as bad.

From the videos I've seen he is very good. Quick as hell, great handles, and a nice pull up jumper.

Brian Fellows said:
Typical Wisconsin game.....17-10 at the half.
You know, I saw this game at like 45-27 with 8 minutes left and I was like, god damn! Wisconsin already has 45 points with 8 minutes left in the first half!

Then I saw it was the second

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom