• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezduo

Banned
jjasper said:
Hmmm well I was wrong.
We should just have a player arrested every week before a big game or something. Pearl is some sort of wizard at turning negative press into big wins.

Fatalah

StJohnsRedStorm5.GIF

Round 2 in Alaska tonight at 9:30pm EST. Go Johnnies!

jjasper

Ezduo said:
We should just have a player arrested every week before a big game or something. Pearl is some sort of wizard at turning negative press into big wins.
You figured it out the man got caught on purpose to give himself an edge.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I almost forgot we played Oregon today until I found the game on the car radio. I mean, what are the Ducks going to do?

jakncoke

Banned
Random thoughts on the Richmond win over Purdue. wiki says Robins Center fits 9071. yahoo reports attendance 2832, but I fail to how it even reached that much, I only watched a few moments but goddamn that arena was a barren wasteland :lol

Proelite

UNC's arch-rival College of Charleston is giving the Tar Heels all they can in the Dean Dome.
This game is going to go down to the wire.

Bowser

Fucking Roy needs to realize that our best lineup is Marshall/Bullock/Barnes/Henson/Zeller. Drew and Strickland are abominations in the back court and the sooner Roy just plays the all-frosh backcourt the majority of the game, the better we will be.

Bowser said:
Fucking Roy needs to realize that our best lineup is Marshall/Bullock/Barnes/Henson/Zeller. Drew and Strickland are abominations in the back court and the sooner Roy just plays the all-frosh backcourt the majority of the game, the better we will be.

Well let's hope he takes 1 more game to figure it out. :D

jakncoke

Banned
up to #3 and +100 pts
up to #3 and +48 pts

GO PITT

UCONN jumping up to #7, if we both keep our heading going to be a fun opening conference game

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
ErasureAcer said:
Gophers. =(

I wonder who would have won if Nolen were in the game.

Your sacrifice is not in vein considering UVA was the worst ACC team last year yet they did what the sheep could not...at Minny no less. BWAHAHAHAHAH this season is going to be soooo much fun.

Way to lay an egg last night, Minnesota.

No worries, though. I still think the Big Ten will make it two straight in the Challenge.

Go Bucks.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
BertramCooper said:
Way to lay an egg last night, Minnesota.

No worries, though. I still think the Big Ten will make it two straight in the Challenge.

Go Bucks.

There are...11 games in the challenge I think? I expect the Big 10 to win 7-4, possibly 6-5. Our best team can still be upset at home by Sparty, none of the other matchups, save UMD vs Penn St and BC vs Indiana, really favor the ACC. VT will probably beat Purdue though, thats more of a sure thing than Duke over MSU.

Northwestern destroying Georgia Tech 44-27 with 3+ mins to go in the half.

Iowa may have found another Div. I program sadder than them. They are up 31-21 on Wake Forest. Amazing.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
GT is turrible. Might be the last season for their coach if this keeps up.

Eagerly await another crap show by UNC tonight... I want to believe.

jakncoke

Banned
Still funny that 2012 and beyond that Big East will be rocking a 17 or more team conference. And people lol'd for 16 being too big. Whereever it leads too I hope they keep the conference tourney at 16 teams and leave the bottom feeders out.

Outdoor Miner said:
Northwestern destroying Georgia Tech 44-27 with 3+ mins to go in the half.

Iowa may have found another Div. I program sadder than them. They are up 31-21 on Wake Forest. Amazing.

Watch Minnesota be the only team that loses. =(

dabig2 said:
Hope the Illini can make a statement. Still sour about that Texas loss a couple weeks ago.

I hope so. We should beat UNC by 20 with the way they have been playing, but there's still that lingering feeling that they will finally wake up and play to their potential for a big game like this.

home from the UK game.

the first half, i was embarrassed, sad, and disappointed in how the team was playing. Coach was just pissed, the entire arena could hear him yelling and he even got a bench warning for complaining about the refs. he was beyond pissed.

the second half, a different team showed up. almost the team everyone thinks theyll be by the end of the year. consistency, passing, play making...some bad fouls, yeah, but man they looked good. they turned 40-33 into 91-57. 51-24 in the second half. it was enjoyable.

next up: unc

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Sheep are actually running an offense and scoring from it. They looked terrible in transition and much better running half court. That should be a clue Huckleberry

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Dear Illinois fans, your crowd is flat and dead, about as animated as a PS1 sports game. Please stop acting like you belong at the grown up table, you clearly do not.

DY_nasty

Illinois is crazy from behind the arc...

Watts is a dope. Thats my boy, but how he got picked up by UNC is beyond me.

DY_nasty

Knux-Future said:
Barnes is so going to be a Sixer.

fuuuuckin shit
The more I watch him play, the more I believe that he just isn't meant for the college game...

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
DY_nasty said:
The more I watch him play, the more I believe that he just isn't meant for the college game...

Its really too bad he didn't come to Duke and we got stuck with Irving.

Outdoor Miner said:
Ohio State are overrated like hell. Not impressed at all.

Is this the only game youve seen them play? We lost our best player with 10 minutes to go with foul trouble, and couldnt hit a shot all night and still pulled out a victory on the road against a good opponent. This team is a legit top 5 team.

DY_nasty said:

Outside of Turner he fits the mold of our last few draft picks.

Go into College with high hopes, under perform , fall in draft, bam Sixer pick.

Thadeous Young was a top 3 pick going into Georgia Tech but thanks to Paul Hewitt being a shit coach he fell to 13

Jrue Holiday was the top HS player/point guard IIRC going to UCLA but because He was played out of position he fell to 17.

Luckily we suck ass so we are looking at a top 5 pick but still I see Barnes being the guy.

Hopefully you're right but you didn't tell me about Turner being an emo.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
bucknuticus said:
Is this the only game youve seen them play? We lost our best player with 10 minutes to go with foul trouble, and couldnt hit a shot all night and still pulled out a victory on the road against a good opponent. This team is a legit top 5 team.

FSU makes everyone look like shit, thats Leonard Hamilton's style. Seriously, blowing out FSU is scoring like 68 pts on them.

Bowser

I thought we were gonna get blown out on the road, but even with the Illini hitting lucky shot after lucky shot, we're still hanging tough with our best player in foul trouble.

DY_nasty

Knux-Future said:
Outside of Turner he fits the mold of our last few draft picks.

Go into College with high hopes, under perform , fall in draft, bam Sixer pick.

Thadeous Young was a top 3 pick going into Georgia Tech but thanks to Paul Hewitt being a shit coach he fell to 13

Jrue Holiday was the top HS player/point guard IIRC going to UCLA but because He was played out of position he fell to 17.

Luckily we suck ass so we are looking at a top 5 pick but still I see Barnes being the guy.

Hopefully you're right but you didn't tell me about Turner being an emo.
Emo Turner happened during the summer league and combine. I still think he'll 'wake up' one day, but Doug Collins isn't exactly the guy to pick a rookie up.

Barnes just looks like he doesn't fit in this offense at all. 10 turnovers for UNC so far...

Dragon

Banned
Ezduo said:

He's also a wizard at making his student-athletes graduate. NOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom