• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

chris121580

Probably the worst fucking game IU's played all year. Oladipo doesn't deserve any talk of POY after that crap performance today.

Ted Valentine officiating and randomly swallowing his whistle in the last minute was bizarre as well.

You're the type of person that gives IU fans a bad name. Ripping on Oladipo for the loss? He had some huge blocks in the second half and made some huge shots. He was in foul trouble in the first half so not much he could do from the bench. The bottom line is that Ohio State outplayed us in every facet of the game tonight. Kudos to them and especially Craft. He was so clutch tonight. IU just made it really difficult on themselves but I'm sure we'll give Michigan a very tough game at home.

I saw Lunardi said we're no longer the overall #1 seed and lost our chance to play in Indianapolis. I don't think that's true yet. I think we still have a chance to win that seed if we win at Michigan or I think we could still lose at Michigan and then do some damage in the tournament and still have a chance. Everything is so up in the air right now that I'm trying not to think about it. I bought sweet 16 tickets in Indy so I'm really hoping we will play in that bracket but tonight's loss just made that very difficult

george_us

Thad Matta can fucking coach cotdamn.

I honestly thought the Buckeyes would get smoked tonight after Indiana ran them off the floor in the first meeting.

This team is making huge strides.

jerd

Glad to see my Tigers absolutely hammer Arkansas last night. Really getting psyched for March Madness, but ESPN boards are beyond unbearable so this seems like a much better place to post. I honestly didn't know there was a fairly popular NCAA thread in the OT or I would have been here a long time ago.

Fjordson

Glad to see my Tigers absolutely hammer Arkansas last night. Really getting psyched for March Madness, but ESPN boards are beyond unbearable so this seems like a much better place to post. I honestly didn't know there was a fairly popular NCAA thread in the OT or I would have been here a long time ago.
That community ghetto effect =[

I was also glad to see Mizzou pound Arkansas (even if it makes UK's pitiful effort in Bud Walton look even worse). Hilarious that the Arkansas players kept jawing at Webster-Chan and company in the last minute or so despite being down by 30.

They cut down the nets too, so embarassing. Crean doesn't get it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaab-...rn-senior-night-into-a-mockery-081319430.html
Lmao. Clappy determined to cut down those nets.

Usually I'd make fun, but the Big Ten is just a tough ass conference this year. And they still have a chance at the outright title.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

Unless you like racism, gay jokes and sports musings by 13 year olds, I'm not sure why anyone would post at ESPN.

The number 1 seeds are going to be up for grabs, but I hate that Gonzaga now seems to be guaranteed. Not that I dislike the Zags or that they aren't number 1 worth, but every other team in contention is going to be challenged by 1 or more teams in their tourney.

Fjordson

The number 1 seeds are going to be up for grabs, but I hate that Gonzaga now seems to be guaranteed. Not that I dislike the Zags or that they aren't number 1 worth, but every other team in contention is going to be challenged by 1 or more teams in their tourney.
Ha, that's actually a good point. The weaker competition sort of guarantees their 1 seed, barring any crazy screwups.

I kind of like seeing them as a 1 seed, though. Who knows when they'll have this chance again and I'm interested in seeing what they can do in the tourney. I think they might surprise some people with those bigs. Olynyk and Harris are legit.

I have never seen so many good games out of one conference in a single season like the B1G this year. It has been a real treat to watch, the B1G tourney should be amazing.

Bowser

Lunardi has the Zags as the overall #1 seed as of today. I don't think the Zags should be denied a #1 seed (you can only play who's in front of you), but I don't think they should be rewarded with the #1 overall. They should be the 4th #1 seed no matter what, IMO.

Lunardi has the Zags as the overall #1 seed as of today. I don't think the Zags should be denied a #1 seed (you can only play who's in front of you), but I don't think they should be rewarded with the #1 overall. They should be the 4th #1 seed no matter what, IMO.

They should be rewarded with the west bracket, regardless of which #1 they are.

thefro

Seriously Crean, a "We Refuse to Lose!" T-Shirt after last night?

MRypcW6.jpg

Bowser

They should be rewarded with the west bracket, regardless of which #1 they are.

I agree, but I also think they should be the 4th #1 seed. I don't think it's fair to give them the weakest #2 seed after the schedule they have played (although the weakest #2 seed, hell probably even the weakest #3 seed, will be tougher than practically anyone they've played this season).

I agree, but I also think they should be the 4th #1 seed. I don't think it's fair to give them the weakest #2 seed after the schedule they have played (although the weakest #2 seed, hell probably even the weakest #3 seed, will be tougher than practically anyone they've played this season).

They hardly ever do weakest 2 and 3, theyll do the best 2 gets closest to home, so that could be the best 2 playing the best 1. It's not supposed to be that way, but thats the way it usually goes.

Lunardi currently has Duke as the 2 in the East bracket with Kansas. Honestly I think I'd prefer being the 2 in DC than getting shipped out West as a 1. The last thing I want is to run into another Pac-12 team in Pac-12 country again.

Lunardi currently has Duke as the 2 in the East bracket with Kansas. Honestly I think I'd prefer being the 2 in DC than getting shipped out West as a 1. The last thing I want is to run into another Pac-12 team in Pac-12 country again.

Bracketology hasnt been updated following the games last night. I could see it change a bit from what he has.

DominoKid

I have never seen so many good games out of one conference in a single season like the B1G this year. It has been a real treat to watch, the B1G tourney should be amazing.

im just impressed that you guys were actually entertaining this year. i think i watched more Big 10 games than any conference this year. usually it's the Big East for me.

devilhawk

If KU keeps winning they will placed in the South regional. Indy and Dallas are almost exactly the same distance but Dallas is Big XII country.

TheNatural

My Member!
Upset Wednesday has started, lets see who goes down.

I think Nova has a good shot of taking down GTown. If Michigan plays like they did against Penn State, Purdue will beat them as well. And Syracuse isn't starting so hot against DePaul.

Lots of smaller tourneys going on tonight as well.

Fjordson

The Syracuse zone is really infuriating to watch sometimes. Even more so than other teams playing zone, they're able to muck up the game so much. I guess that's just because they get so used to playing zone each year so they play it well, but it can really bog the game down.

DominoKid

Vaughn, Meeks, Pinson, Hicks, Jackson, Britt, Harry Giles (youtube THIS guy) and Andrew Wiggins on hand for the Duke game

no pressure though.

---

paige w/ 8 TOs tonight. mcadoo a no show. thank god for pj and reggie. fuck maryland for stalling this game out.

G'town close to going down.

Purdue playing pretty great tonight against Michigan. Michigan may eek this one out.

Purdue is a team to watch in the B1G tourney the way they've played the past couple games. Marcius has given them a lift recently.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Looks like we're going to close out the home season with a win against #16 OK ST. Much needed after the close Kansas loss and the horrible OU game. Now to finish strong against WVU.

KingGondo

Banned
I'm honestly OK with losing to ISU on the road. They're deserving of being in the tourney, and we fought hard to make it close in the second half.

A home win against KSU would be a nice way to finish the regular season.

TheNatural

My Member!
Down goes GTown - now a tie atop the Big East, we can win a share of the BEAST title with revenge over Notre Dame Saturday, and the #1 seed if Syracuse beats GTown.

Meh.

Michigan seems to have lost their typical playstyle: fearless cutting and kicking for 3's. And taking those 3's. They looked more like the Michigan I'm familiar with in the last 10 of this game, but the first 30 minutes...yuck.

Also, their interior defense...yuck.

I predict a Sweet 16 exit if they can't play better inside than that. It was a fucking layup drill for Purdue, and indeed every team that plays Michigan.

TheNatural

My Member!
I think Nova and Iowa State just pushed some teams off the bubble. They have to be bubble 'locks' now. Well as long as Iowa St doesn't lose their last two.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Why couldn't we have beaten Maryland or UVA...just one of them...

Bowser

Vaughn, Meeks, Pinson, Hicks, Jackson, Britt, Harry Giles (youtube THIS guy) and Andrew Wiggins on hand for the Duke game

no pressure though.

---

paige w/ 8 TOs tonight. mcadoo a no show. thank god for pj and reggie. fuck maryland for stalling this game out.

Amazing that Jackson is coming back a week later on his own dime. Hopefully we close out Wiggins (I'm holding out hope!!) Saturday night.

Bowser

Reggie Bullock during the Heels 6-game win streak: 33/58 (57%) FG, 18/38 (47%) 3PT FG, 15.5 PPG, 9.0 RPG, 3.3 APG

Guy is straight beasting out there, so efficient.

Top Bottom