• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

TheNatural

My Member!
I'm not overconfident, I never am with a team that isn't great shooting the basketball, but I feel like this may be the team to take it.

ray_j.gif

dafuq is Notre Dame wearing?

Hideous uniforms by the Irish. Significantly worse than Cinci's.

The camo shorts are bad enough....but you add bright green into the mix, wow. Almost makes you think you're tv brightness + contrast are out of whack.

Under Armour needs to go back to the drawing board on these college bball unis.

Fjordson

So UK plays Vandy tomorrow. Doable since we've beat them twice this year, but both games were close. Feeling kind of nervous. We need another win or two to really guarantee a tourney bid I think.

TheNatural

My Member!
Why the ACC Tournament needs to be in MSG.

as much as i love the tournament being a drive across town (Greensboro) or down the highway (Charlotte), it really does need to be in NY. this could be a big opportunity.

sn: it's funny as hell to me that they used the Strickland "charge" on Singler as the picture

Uh, no.

New Big East has already locked it up anyway, but the MSG is overrated as fuck. Put it in DC or a rotating site or something.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Why the ACC Tournament needs to be in MSG.

as much as i love the tournament being a drive across town (Greensboro) or down the highway (Charlotte), it really does need to be in NY. this could be a big opportunity.

sn: it's funny as hell to me that they used the Strickland "charge" on Singler as the picture

Y'all got your asses beat in that game.

I have no problem with alternating to MSG every other year or so, but only so long as fans show up, otherwise moving it up there is pointless. Thats why I'd never have it in DC or Atlanta or anywhere in Florida, they don't care about college basketball. Outside of seeing the marquee teams, I'm not sure how interested NYC would be either.

Crisco

Banned
I never understood why it was ever in Greensboro. It's such a terrible city. They even built a damn bypass so you could completely avoid it when going between Charlotte and Raleigh.

I have no problem with alternating to MSG every other year or so, but only so long as fans show up, otherwise moving it up there is pointless. Thats why I'd never have it in DC or Atlanta or anywhere in Florida, they don't care about college basketball. Outside of seeing the marquee teams, I'm not sure how interested NYC would be either.

That would be my fear of a ACC tournament at MSG (or the Barclay's Center for that matter), who would go? Outside of Syracuse and a few Duke/UNC grads, the league doesn't exactly have a footprint in New York/New Jersey. And I cant see many of the southern fans traveling up there. Hell, the tournament in Greensboro is within reasonable driving distance of every school currently in the league except for BC and Miami, and it still seems like only the Big 4 fans show up.

I'm not one of those super traditional Tobacco Road bluebloods who say that the tournament MUST be in Greensboro (although it is nice having the tourney in my backyard), move it around some. But planting it in New York, for what? Just to say that "Our tournament is in New York!"?

Crisco said:
I never understood why it was ever in Greensboro. It's such a terrible city. They even built a damn bypass so you could completely avoid it when going between Charlotte and Raleigh.

Logistically it makes sense, it's where the ACC has its headquarters and it's in the dead center geographically of the "old" ACC (before the first round of Big East teams joined).

Talon

Atlanta makes way more sense because it's such a travel hub. It's also the largest metropolitan area in the Southeast and a feeder for most of the region's universities.

I'm sure you'd really turn down the national freshman of the year, first-team all-American, all-Big 12 defensive team, third freshman ever to win Big 12 POY (after Durant and Beasley), and surefire NBA top-3 pick.

Because you think he's a flopper. Sure.

This.

lawl gondo, I really like Smart but he is a flopper

Crisco

Banned
I'd be fine with Atlanta, but hell, if you're going to go with a city of one of the member schools, it should be Raleigh. It's on the I-95 corridor, major airport, and the best arena for hundreds of miles.

Thought some of you might find this amusing:
- March Mad Men (March Madness & Mad Men Supercut, youtube)

I can't believe Cal blew it against Utah last night. Still will probably make the tournament, but they're trending dangerously towards a play-in game. :/

I'm interested to see how aggressively Crean deals with the B1G tournament. They've seemingly got a number one seed wrapped up. On the other hand, IU has never won one of these things.

So far Crean is playing his main guys like a normal game so perhaps they're locked in.

Im counting on the revenge factor keeping IU on attack mode today against Illinois. That and no injuries please.

IU looking pretty engaged so far. Gotta keep up the defense. Oladipo is locking up Paul so far.

Slizz

Time to see how Miami handles their first game ever as ACC regular season champs.

I hope that Olivier Hanlan's hot shooting doesn't suddenly go cold.

Starting off decent and the Canes actually look more like the team during their win-streak than the team as of late.

EDIT: And what I mean is Reggie hasn't turned the ball over once or fallen on the floor.

TheNatural

My Member!
Tuesday night, Pitino and Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim were eating at the same fancy New York restaurant. On his way out, Boeheim, whose team will be playing in the ACC in 2013-14, a year before U of L makes the move, stopped by and told Pitino, "Well, I guess we'll be eating at Denny's next season."

LOL. Dat Greensboro.

Top Bottom