• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

Slizz

Can't believe the Canes are going in to halftime down 2.

Adjustments will be made, I expect Scott and Larkin to really takeover.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I guess Michigan is going to wear the horrible Zubaz jerseys after all. :(

Much respect to Indiana for telling Adidas to fuck off.

The UI/IU game feels like a typical NCAA 2nd round game, 8 seed VS 1 seed.

*checks bracket projections, eyes narrow*

Too bad the NCAA Committee wont match you up with Gonzaga again.

But I think Illinois has earned a 7 seed, so you may avoid that 8/9 conundrum. With the way Miami has been playing the last 3 weeks, if you could draw them, that could be an opportunity.

Too bad the NCAA Committee wont match you up with Gonzaga again.

But I think Illinois has earned a 7 seed, so you may avoid that 8/9 conundrum. With the way Miami has been playing the last 3 weeks, if you could draw them, that could be an opportunity.
We could beat any 1 seed, Indiana included, if Paul goes off for 30+ like he did at Gonzaga. OTOH, it wouldn't be surprising we lost in the 8/9 game.

A 7 would be awesome. The non-B1G 2 seeds feel very beatable.

I guess Michigan is going to wear the horrible Zubaz jerseys after all. :(

Much respect to Indiana for telling Adidas to fuck off.

Haha, awesome.
6UKKrNu.jpg

At least they're not yellow.

I like the Michigan highlighter-yellow jerseys. I eagerly await a yellow Michigan VS orange Illinois matchup.

Eye doctor clinics will be booming!

Crisco

Banned
Man, Shane Ryan really hates NC State,

Highlights: We'll focus on NC State, the year's most disappointing team, by any measure. Sure, Kentucky is close, but the Wildcats suffered a critical injury to Nerlens Noel. NC State has no excuse. When the Wolfpack play Virginia today, they'll be face-to-face with their polar opposite — a team with mediocre talent but excellent defensive discipline. The first meeting ended in a loss for the Wolfpack, and I bet this one will, too. And while the selection committee will probably give State one last chance to display its futility, this loss will be the real death knell.

DominoKid

i see very few lies.

i think state will win that game, and even if they lose i dont think theyre in danger of missing the tournament.

sn: the Meeeechigan zubaz arent that bad.

Crisco

Banned
If you had told me pre-season that Richard Howell would be first team All-ACC, I'd have figured we won the league with ease. Wasting the majority of his senior season was probably the biggest disappointment. Brown and Leslie didn't really improve at all from last year, and Purvis has not been as good as advertised. Our pre-season ranking was basically predicated on those 3 being better than they are.

DominoKid

If you had told me pre-season that Richard Howell would be first team All-ACC, I'd have figured we won the league with ease. Wasting the majority of his senior season was probably the biggest disappointment. Brown and Leslie didn't really improve at all from last year, and Purvis has not been as good as advertised. Our pre-season ranking was basically predicated on those 3 being better than they are.

I got mad love for Howell. That's a dude that did everything the right way in his 4 years. Can't hate.

As far as Brown, I just don't think Gott uses him properly. Either that or he's got a personality flaw. I think he'd dominate in our offense though.

alstein

Brown hasn't disappointed. Leslie yeah. Not mad at Brown this year at all, outside of his bad habit of fouling 3 pt shooters.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Sorry Dakich. Springfield is not a great basketball town. This area puts a player in D1 basketball(or football) about once every 5 years.

Crisco

Banned
Brown hasn't disappointed. Leslie yeah. Not mad at Brown this year at all, outside of his bad habit of fouling 3 pt shooters.

I'm not mad at Brown or anything like that, but he really needed to improve his jump shot from last year. If anything, he's an even less efficient jump shooter then ever before. He also turns the ball over too much for my liking.

As far as Brown, I just don't think Gott uses him properly. Either that or he's got a personality flaw. I think he'd dominate in our offense though.

Maybe. It seems like he can get into the paint against almost any defense, but just chooses not too sometimes.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

That NCSU had to play on the first day of the ACC tourney is still shocking. I would have never picked this team lower than 3rd. I should have known better.

Da U should have asked BC to wear Duke jerseys the second half. Maybe this wouldn't have been as close. To be fair, Donahue is a fuckball master. I can't imagine how a game between them and UVA would go over 50

BC's going to choke this game away. The lights got too big for them.

At least, Miami looks beatable. (Although they'd probably beat Duke by double digits if they met in the title game)

alstein

That NCSU had to play on the first day of the ACC tourney is still shocking. I would have never picked this team lower than 3rd. I should have known better.

Da U should have asked BC to wear Duke jerseys the second half. Maybe this wouldn't have been as close. To be fair, Donahue is a fuckball master. I can't imagine how a game between them and UVA would go over 50

Yeah, I'm not saying State didn't disappoint this year- but the real issue is lack of depth and just terrible defense, partially due to that lack of depth.

I don't understand how he can hit so many jump shots but can't hit a free throw to save his life. The other day he was literally jumping at the free throw line

Just did it there. Looks ridiculous.

Wisconsin is shooting atrociously.....Michigan has a chance to bury them here, feels like they ought to be up 12 pts or more. If Wisky gets this within 2 possessions a half, I'd be nervous if I was Michigan. Gotta figure Wisky's starts hitting some of those 3s in the second half.

Last 3 minutes could be big here.

B1G Basketball is amazing.

Blame Wisconsin. They love 1950s style basketball. That coupled with the familiarity of the teams/coaches coupled with poor shooting from Wisconsin equals the offensive mess that is this first half.

Indiana/Illinois was 80-64, crisp, up tempo at times, aesthetically pleasing offensive basketball.

Normally Id prefer Michigan winning but in this case....IU owes Wisconsin some payback from earlier in the season. Just for this day, go Badgers.

Top Bottom