• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

Servbot24

Banned
Iowa got pretty unlucky during that stretch. Lot of bad non-calls/calls. That block near the end was clean too. It's too bad they won't get a bid though. They're easily one of the 68 best.
Wasn't home to watch it but it sounds like its just as well I missed the aggravation. Bummer that we didn't make it, but we will next year.

Fjordson

Just saw that Jordan Adams from UCLA broke his foot on the very last play against Arizona. What a shitty break for them, he came up big yesterday.

Edit: damn, wtf happened to P.J. Hairston's hand?? Is he going to play against Maryland?

Bowser

Just saw that Jordan Adams from UCLA broke his foot on the very last play against Arizona. What a shitty break for them, he came up big yesterday.

Edit: damn, wtf happened to P.J. Hairston's hand?? Is he going to play against Maryland?

Apparently during a steal the ball got jammed between his ring and middle finger and ripped open the webbing between them. Had to get 8 stitches and is a gametime decision. It's his non-shooting hand, but I'm not counting on having him today.

1162896.jpg

BFc9NeUCUAAwlS9.jpg

Talon

Who would be a suitable replacement?

Promote Tavaras Hardy to head coach?

I don't know anyone else who would want to coach Northwestern basketball.
Shit, I'll coach for free!

Just thank the maker that we are free from the tyranny of the worst offense/reliance on Croatians/zone defense in basketball history.

Lord knows the school's rolling in the Silverman money. And our massive endowment. Let's invest in some basketball!

clav

Shit, I'll coach for free!

Just thank the maker that we are free from the tyranny of the worst offense/reliance on Croatians/zone defense in basketball history.

Lord knows the school's rolling in the Silverman money. And our massive endowment. Let's invest in some basketball!

New facilities probably won't be here for a while. 2018 maybe?

If the current basketball roster bails for other schools, the next season is gone.

Talon

New facilities probably won't be here for a while. 2018 maybe?

If the current basketball roster bails for other schools, the next season is gone.
Which is no different than if Carmody stayed on board. Yeah, facilities are at least five years away, and we have the worst gym in the entire conference. A10 level at best. Hinkle Fieldhouse at least has some character and a lot of history.

It'll be a disaster, I'm sure, but at least we get someone new to bitch about.

TheNatural

My Member!
Dukie fans so pissed in this thread. Don't worry, I'm sure Vitale will get you guys pumped again when he goes on another Selection Sunday rant about how no one is talking about Duke, like he did last year.

Apparently during a steal the ball got jammed between his ring and middle finger and ripped open the webbing between them. Had to get 8 stitches and is a gametime decision. It's his non-shooting hand, but I'm not counting on having him today.

1162896.jpg

BFc9NeUCUAAwlS9.jpg

You probably won't need him.

Maryland just won their National Championship game, watch them come out flat against UNC.

clav

Which is no different than if Carmody stayed on board. Yeah, facilities are at least five years away, and we have the worst gym in the entire conference. A10 level at best. Hinkle Fieldhouse at least has some character.

It'll be a disaster, I'm sure, but at least we get someone new to bitch about.

Even Nebraska has way better facilities for a newcomer in the B1G.

We'll see. Perhaps the Princeton offense is holding back a lot of talent back in the team as Northwestern has been recruiting better in recent years. Finally a transition game?

Talon

Even Nebraska has way better facilities for a newcomer in the B1G.

We'll see. Perhaps the Princeton offense is holding back a lot of talent back in the team as Northwestern has been recruiting better in recent years.
Well, judging from the fact that the formula to beat us late in games has always been to full court press and score off turnovers (see: Illinois 2007, Michigan State 2010, every game that was within 5 with two minutes left in the last 7 years), I'm going to go with talent.

Illinois and Northwestern could do 100% of a better job keeping kids in-state. Not that either school is ever going to lock down schools like Simeon.

clav

Well, judging from the fact that the formula to beat us late in games has always been to full court press and score off turnovers (see: Illinois 2007, Michigan State 2010, every game that was within 5 with two minutes left in the last 7 years), I'm going to go with talent.

Illinois and Northwestern could do 100% of a better job keeping kids in-state. Not that either school is ever going to lock down schools like Simeon.

Does it seem sad that Bill Carmody was the best coach that Northwestern ever had?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
NW runs a Princeton offense? You guys should try and steal that coach from the AFA. They run an uptempo/hybrid Princeton offense. I'm guessing it'd be pretty effective with some players taller than 6'.

Talon

NW runs a Princeton offense? You guys should try and steal that coach from the AFA. They run an uptempo/hybrid Princeton offense. I'm guessing it'd be pretty effective with some players taller than 6'.
The Princeton offense...sans effective backdoor cuts.

Height hasn't been a problem. Athleticism has.

Bowser

Crisco

Banned
Howell looks broken early in this one. Ah well, pack it in and get healthy for the NCAA's. Miami better beat whoever wins the other semi.

Who would be a suitable replacement?

Promote Tavaras Hardy to head coach?

I don't know anyone else who would want to coach Northwestern basketball especially given the state of facilities + academic requirements.

NW deserves the best of the best. Y'all need a coach that can take your team dancing on a consistent basis. A coach like Rick Barnes. Please poach Rick Barnes

DominoKid

yeah state is just tired. gott should unleash his trump card tyler lewis.

this is where you can see them hurting from the freshman not developing.

TheNatural

My Member!
Wow. A long ass delay for Southern Miss to shoot 4 FT's.

Holy shit this is a fucking clusterfuck. LMAO C-USA why?

Holy shit, Southern Miss is really going to miss the tourney from not hitting FT's. Wow.

Flagrant 1 - they get two FT's. 1 for 2. Get a 1 and 1 and the ball. Miss the front end. Get the ball, get fouled. 1 for 2.

Southern Miss had a chance to get 6 points on fouls and only got 2.

TheNatural

My Member!
Southern Miss doesn't deserve an NCAA bid after basically having the game right there on a silver platter and fucking it up. How do you get 6 possible free throw attempts off flagrants and a possession foul and only hit 2? How do you not foul Memphis when they're horrible at the line with like over a minute left down 4, and then let them hit a three after running the clock all the way down?

jjasper

Memphis is so terrible. And the local CBS affiliate broke to commercials during the FTs and so the fans have no idea what happened.

alstein

I don't see any way a tired State wins this game. I just don't. Some signs of life right now, but I don't know if they can keep it up for 20 mins next half.

W1SSY

CBS plleeeeease switch this game, im tired of watching it. I want to watch the IU game

I am glad they put it on in Indiana but they keep going back to show the end of overtime in the other game.

Abell with 5 points in the game. If he can recapture his form from last March Madness that would be big for Indiana.

Top Bottom