• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe its just me but Coach K seems like he's been on cruise control since 2010. I guess he expected to talent his way to a 5th in 2011 and when that didn't happen, he hasn't really given a shit. Might be time to plan your exit and let someone hungry take over. Just not fucking Wojo.

To be fair, without the Kyrie injury, we do probably roll to the title that year.

I disagree about K losing his fire/hunger tho. This wasn't his fault.

Crisco

Banned
120416794.gif

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
To be fair, without the Kyrie injury, we do probably roll to the title that year.

The hell it wasn't He's stuck with that shitty overplay man and the past two teams he's had are not talented enough to play it.

Thornton and Hairston play like they need their scholarships revoked, they've been the worst group of players we've brought in since the Paulus class.

This.

This team is just fundamentally limited, not much K could do about it. Bringing Kelly back allowed them to mask it against unprepared Miami, awful Va. Tech, and undersized UNC, but it wasn't going to work against a hungry, well-prepared Maryland.

And it's not going to work in the tourney either. Honestly, I'm still amazed they were able to go 27-5 so far with this team against that nonconference schedule.

Proelite

This.

This team is just fundamentally limited, not much K could do about it. Bringing Kelly back allowed them to mask it against unprepared Miami, awful Va. Tech, and undersized UNC, but it wasn't going to work against a hungry, well-prepared Maryland.

And it's not going to work in the tourney either. Honestly, I'm still amazed they were able to go 27-5 so far with this team against that nonconference schedule.

When you seniors have less than 10 points for their career averages, and your juniors have less than 5, you know it's all a farce.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
When you seniors have less than 10 points for their career averages, and your juniors have less than 5, you know it's all a farce.

Well thats true for our shitty juniors, but not the seniors. They just don't care.

Remember Mason Plumlee told everyone he came back to be the man, and he's been a big pussy in the big games. Have fun in the D league, champ!

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Well thats true for our shitty juniors, but not the seniors. They just don't care.

Remember Mason Plumlee told everyone he came back to be the man, and he's been a big pussy in the big games. Have fun in the D league, champ!

Mason played fine tonight (edit: offensively). Kelly and Thorton had awful games, Seth had a bad first half.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Mason played fine tonight (edit: offensively). Kelly and Thorton had awful games, Seth had a bad first half.

Its not his point production, its his leadership, or lack thereof. This team has no senior leader, just a stat padder, a laid back shooter and a guy trying to come back from missing 2 months. Its a recipe for disaster.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
We won't be the 1 to lose to a 16 because we're going to be a 2 and we're jobbing to Belmont. If I see us matched up with fucking Belmont, I'm rooting for Belmont.

Fjordson

We won't be the 1 to lose to a 16 because we're going to be a 2 and we're jobbing to Belmont. If I see us matched up with fucking Belmont, I'm rooting for Belmont.
Lmao!

Maybe this Maryland loss was good to get out of your system. They could come out really sharp for the first few games.

Duke will destroy a 15 or 16 this year.

It's the second round 7 or 8 with the guard that suddenly becomes Michael Jordan or the big man that is wider than he is tall and goes 24-18 that will get the Devils this year.

DominoKid

*facepalm* i'm amazed that were still this sloppy late in the season. they should know where their teammates are w/ their eyes closed by now.

CronoShot

Don't know how Duke can get a 1 seed without winning their conference or conference tournament.

Should be between Miami and Kansas: whoever wins their conference tournament. If they both win, flip a coin. If they both lose, then maybe Duke gets it. Maybe.

Proelite

Don't know how Duke can get a 1 seed without winning their conference or conference tournament.

Should be between Miami and Kansas: whoever wins their conference tournament. If they both win, flip a coin. If they both lose, then maybe Duke gets it. Maybe.

I hope both wins and everyone that can still get a 2 wins so we get bounced to a 3 seed.

Losing to a 3 seed is better than losing to a 2 seed 2 years in a row.

If both lose, this is the year there are only 3 #1 seeds.

That's going to be one strange region in the bracket, but whatever.

TheNatural

My Member!
This is bullshit. Playing Notre Dame's bullshit scrub style and letting this slow pace get to us, not hitting point blank shots, and Russ can't get a handle on the ball.

Nope, under no circumstances does this Duke team deserve a 1 seed. Fuck a RPI, fuck a 18-0 1 with Ryan Kelly. If Duke gets a 1, I'm joining the Carolina fans and the conspiracy theorists in claiming the NCAA fixed the brackets.

Freelander's right, if they both lose, no one gets that fourth 1.

Top Bottom