• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I hate to admit it but I'm impressed with UNC's play today. They want this challenge and so far they are answering it. Must be nice to have a team not stocked with pussies that look forward to big games.

lush

Henderson with the gator chomp up 6 with 7 minutes to go. I'm surprised nobody has ever dropped this fucker.

Ole Miss on a ridiculous run though. Florida as usual shooting nothing but 3s.

Bowser

I don't want to sound like a sore loser, but we got hosed these last 10 min by the refs. No fucking way Miami only committed 5 fouls this entire half

TheNatural

My Member!
Certainly not making excuses for them if they were lose this game.

Just crazy to see how poorly supported these good teams are in "neutral site" tournament games.

Well Miami doesn't have a huge fanbase for basketball in the first place. Even Louisville in MSG, when we rallied you could hear our fans going nuts, but there's no way we were going to come close to Syracuse fans in New York.

Plus I think there's the problem of where do you spend your money if you're a fan? You have conference tourney, first two round sites, then regional semis and finals, then potentially the Final Four.

If you're a good team, that's a hell of a lot of traveling money to get your fanbase to follow everything. Duke and UNC have had it made. Their entire conference tourney and then first two rounds almost always have a site in North Carolina, they don't even have to move.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Well Miami doesn't have a huge fanbase for basketball in the first place. Even Louisville in MSG, when we rallied you could hear our fans going nuts, but there's no way we were going to come close to Syracuse fans in New York.

Plus I think there's the problem of where do you spend your money if you're a fan? You have conference tourney, first two round sites, then regional semis and finals, then potentially the Final Four.

If you're a good team, that's a hell of a lot of traveling money to get your fanbase to follow everything. Duke and UNC have had it made. Their entire conference tourney and then first two rounds almost always have a site in North Carolina, they don't even have to move.

Playing in NC is not a win for us at all. Rather play outside of NC.

Playing in NC is not a win for us at all. Rather play outside of NC.

Pretty much.

Tournament games in Greensboro or Charlotte always end up being 20% Duke fans, 5% fans of the other team, 75% Carolina fans who are waiting for their game/just saw their game and wanted to stick around and troll.

Top Bottom