• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

iamblades

Surprised we're only down by two. Our offense looks so bad sometimes.

Our defense can be special as soon as our bigs stop leaving their feet on every drive/pump fake/involuntary muscle twitch. All of duke's offense practically is off of dishes when our bigs jump after drivers.

That was what made Davis really special last year, he didn't jump until he had to.

Owensboro

Yeah, I'm pretty much in the same boat. Besides, we got them back in '98.

Y'all are interpreting this shirt as a lot more of a "fuck Duke" thing than both I or anyone at this game has. It's a fun little jab.

And for people that see watching on tv: does it look like the fouls aren't getting called? I've seen a Duke player hit I'm the face, and Noel dragged to the ground from behind. What the?

Proelite

Y'all are interpreting this shirt as a lot more of a "fuck Duke" thing than both I or anyone at this game has. It's a fun little jab.

And for people that see watching on tv: does it look like the fouls aren't getting called? I've seen a Duke player hit I'm the face, and Noel dragged to the ground from behind. What the?

No fouls on Duke since we're flopping all over the place.

I think they've been swallowing the whistle after Kelly and Plumlee got two. Duke's gotten more favorable foul calls so far (certainly off of the flops), but generally they're letting them play.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

They've called some weird touch fouls but guys on both sides have been thwacked and no whistle.

I've enjoyed our defense and rebounding, and while youth and inexperience may be in UK's corner, we're still depending on a lot of guys to come up big that have little to no experience.

Fjordson

Our defense can be special as soon as our bigs stop leaving their feet on every drive/pump fake/involuntary muscle twitch. All of duke's offense practically is off of dishes when our bigs jump after drivers.

That was what made Davis really special last year, he didn't jump until he had to.
Totally. Davis is such a great player mentally. Noel doesn't seem quite as as patient and gets a bit anxious to block the shot. Saw Cauley-Stein do the same thing.

I also wish Harrow was fully healthy so Goodwin could play the off the ball. He's so great at attacking, but running the offense really isn't his strength.

Like Potatoe said, after Plumlee got his second foul they slowed down on the calls against both sides. Plumlee could have easily had a third on a few plays, and Duke had some pretty egregious flops.

Overall, it seems pretty even, though.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I just hope this game puts to bed this bullshit that all our bigs just set screens. Mason is playing great. Kelly is a huge factor for us. Our post play has been subpar because we haven't had a PG worth a shit to get them the ball. On that note QC played well towards the end of the second half.

Seth C

I just hope this game puts to bed this bullshit that all our bigs just set screens. Mason is playing great. Kelly is a huge factor for us. Our post play has been subpar because we haven't had a PG worth a shit to get them the ball. On that note QC played well towards the end of the second half.

Playing well. Your boys still end up on their asses ridiculously often though. And they slide back using their hands to push. It's funny. Well, I get a good laugh anyway. :)

Owensboro

I think they've been swallowing the whistle after Kelly and Plumlee got two. Duke's gotten more favorable foul calls so far (certainly off of the flops), but generally they're letting them play.

Ok.glad I'm not just seeing things. My GF just screamed "are we watching an Italian soccer game?“ I've never been so proud.

Edit: holy crap at the clothes line. Was that a technical?

That was a make-up series all around. As long as they keep not rewarding all of the crazy falling down after shooting stuff I'll be happy.

Vandy does the fall down after every shot thing too, so maybe we can learn from this.

TheNatural

My Member!
They've called some weird touch fouls but guys on both sides have been thwacked and no whistle.

I've enjoyed our defense and rebounding, and while youth and inexperience may be in UK's corner, we're still depending on a lot of guys to come up big that have little to no experience.

There's never been a call a UK fan hasn't bitched about. Get used to it.

Fjordson

Looked a little questionable to me, but I don't think they can actually call anything. Dude was going for the ball to take it out.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Uk just doesn't have it this year. Next year is the important one. Just important on who stays

ITS NOVEMBER, THIS GAME DOESN'T MEAN SHIT!

C'mon, Poythress is a beast waiting to happen, Noel and WCS could be a scary as shit tandem, Wiltjer is a match up nightmare Goodwin will thrive at the 2. You are functional at the 1 and inexperienced. We won a natty with a functional PG.

NewLib

Banned
ITS NOVEMBER, THIS GAME DOESN'T MEAN SHIT!

C'mon, Poythress is a beast waiting to happen, Noel and WCS could be a scary as shit tandem, Wiltjer is a match up nightmare Goodwin will thrive at the 2. You are functional at the 1 and inexperienced. We won a natty with a functional PG.

The pieces aren't there. It's okay can't win a natty every year

Fjordson

Plumlee out and Duke ups their lead to 12? :bow

Impressed by Duke. The veteran guys are playing well. Meanwhile, our offense looks trashy as hell.

Top Bottom