• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

Fjordson

Kentucky losing to Robert Morris to end their pitiful season would be awesome for me take that you bitches, hog up all the top prospects see where it got you this year! /blissfullyignoringthepastandgivingnofucksthattheyare1yearremovedfromaNC
And top 3 recruit Julius Randle is making his decision tomorrow at noon. Between Kansas and Kentucky.

Kansas a 1 seed in the NCAA tourney, Kentucky losing to Robert Morris in the NIT. Not the best timing...

dykeshead.png

Avinexus

Why isnt Harrow playing?

Cause he is ass and a walk-on has been outplaying him all year.

Only fitting that they lost when the players haven't cared all season (other than Noel and Polson) and their AD didn't even care enough to get them home court.

Oh and LOL @ 8.7 left with a timeout and not calling it, while running a play for a guy that has played terribly all game.

Fjordson

Why isnt Harrow playing?
Check these stats, Domino.

Harrow: 5 points, 3 fouls, 3 turnovers, 0 assists

Polson (former walk on): 10 points, 4 assists, 2 turnovers in twice as many minutes

Depending on Harrow to run the point was one of the worst coaching moves in NCAA history.

DominoKid

Check these stats, Domino.

Harrow: 5 points, 3 fouls, 3 turnovers, 0 assists

Polson (former walk on): 10 points, 4 assists, 2 turnovers in twice as many minutes

Depending on Harrow to run the point was one of the worst coaching moves in NCAA history.

I only caught the end so I thought he was benched the whole game.

I told yall this would happen though. Idk why folks thought he could make it at kentucky when he couldnt even make it at state.

Memphis, UCF, Cinci, UConn, USF, Temple, SMU, Rutgers, Houston.

I.E. Pretty much CUSA 2.0.

Hey CUSA was never a 4 bid league after the 2005 realignment. This version still would be if UConn wasn't banned from the post season. And UCF knocked on the NCAA at-large door a couple years ago too. Now that we served our post-season ban we'll steadily improve still.

And top 3 recruit Julius Randle is making his decision tomorrow at noon. Between Kansas and Kentucky.

Kansas a 1 seed in the NCAA tourney, Kentucky losing to Robert Morris in the NIT. Not the best timing...

The Texas hat should be on the table as well. Hook em Horns! He's impressed with our CBI bid

Fjordson

The Texas hat should be on the table as well. Hook em Horns! He's impressed with our CBI bid
That's my bad. Florida and Texas are definitely in the mix as well. I like Texas' chances better than UK's now for sure.

Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow morning. I just hope our crazier fans don't have too many meltdowns on the rivals boards, twitter, etc. when Randle goes elsewhere.

TheNatural

My Member!
Like Calipari getting recruits has ever had anything to do with what happens on the court. His 3 NIT's and 1 tourney win total his first five years at Memphis wasn't exactly what spurred Derrick Rose to come along.

GQfeature9v.jpg

Gorillaz

Just caught up on the Kentucky game. Got Damn. You guys listen to him after the game? His press conference in short terms was:

" None of these dudes will start next year, I'm benching all of them. They better pray someone in the league wants them this Draft year."

Just caught up on the Kentucky game. Got Damn. You guys listen to him after the game? His press conference in short terms was:

" None of these dudes will start next year, I'm benching all of them. They better pray someone in the league wants them this Draft year."

He's being a bit unfair. After all, they were ranked when their best player went out for the year. On an already thin team, losing the best defensive freshman in the country on an already mediocre team was the death knell for Kentucky.

Fjordson

He was pretty blunt about it, but he did mention how he thinks they'll be better with competition at every position next year.

If Cauley-Stein, Noel, and/or Goodwin came back next year they would do fine. And probably improve a lot with the other talent UK has coming in. WCS and Goodwin in particular have put in a lot of effort in this last stretch of the season. Noel was a beast all season long, but he's most likely going to the draft.

It's really just Harrow and Poythress that need to improve big time, they were major disappointments this year. Happened before with UK, though. DeAndre Liggins wasn't that good as a freshman, neither was Darius Miller or Josh Harrelson. But all three ended up being key guys in March under Calipari. Hopefully that'll happen for Harrow and Poythress. Even if it's a pretty long shot that it'll happen with Harrow :lol

TheNatural

My Member!
He was pretty blunt about it, but he did mention how he thinks they'll be better with competition at every position next year.

If Cauley-Stein, Noel, and/or Goodwin came back next year they would do fine. And probably improve a lot with the other talent UK has coming in. WCS and Goodwin in particular have put in a lot of effort in this last stretch of the season. Noel was a beast all season long, but he's most likely going to the draft.

It's really just Harrow and Poythress that need to improve big time, they were major disappointments this year. Happened before with UK, though. DeAndre Liggins wasn't that good as a freshman, neither was Darius Miller or Josh Harrelson. But all three ended up being key guys in March under Calipari. Hopefully that'll happen for Harrow and Poythress. Even if it's a pretty long shot that it'll happen with Harrow :lol

Improvement may not matter much, because the draft is going to be loaded next year.

Seems like every time I check NBA Draft projections, Cauley-Stein keeps going up. UK does worse, he goes up, it's crazy. NBAdraft.net has him up to 9th.

http://nbadraft.net/2013mock_draft

Compare this to next year, where the top 6 projected are all in high school right now, and the two after that are international players:

http://nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft

Granted that always happens this early, but I think a lot of guys who shouldn't come out will, maybe even just to get a second round slot.

Fjordson

Improvement may not matter much, because the draft is going to be loaded next year.

Seems like every time I check NBA Draft projections, Cauley-Stein keeps going up. UK does worse, he goes up, it's crazy. NBAdraft.net has him up to 9th.

http://nbadraft.net/2013mock_draft

Compare this to next year, where the top 6 projected are all in high school right now, and the two after that are international players:

http://nbadraft.net/2014mock_draft

Granted that always happens this early, but I think a lot of guys who shouldn't come out will, maybe even just to get a second round slot.
Jeez. Didn't know Cauley-Stein was that high, wow. Not sure he'll be back then.

Fjordson

Hey Cal, maybe you should've played better competition throughout the season to help your players get better? Just a thought
Eh. The scheduling wasn't stellar, but I don't think it was that dismal. Duke, Louisville, and Notre Dame are all top 25 tourney teams. Maryland is no good, so I'll give you that one. Baylor was supposed to be competing with Kansas for the Big 12 title this year with that top 10 recruiting class, so that was just a bust on their part.

After that, conferences are conferences (and admittedly, the SEC is pretty shitty right now). Might have to schedule overboard for a few years to make up for that.

Crisco

Banned
I wouldn't say a lock. They'll still have the same leadership vacuum that hurt them this year. All depends on the personality of all those kids, and if one of them can actually play point guard.

Not really

If they miss on Wiggins I don't see them winning much.

Edit: And even if they do, you desperately need a guy with ice cold nerves. Anthony Davis had ridiculous poise and bailed his team out beyond question.

TheNatural

My Member!
I wouldn't say a lock. They'll still have the same leadership vacuum that hurt them this year. All depends on the personality of all those kids, and if one of them can actually play point guard.

This class sucked ass though. The next class is actually good. They have 4 projected top 16 picks in next year's class.

Fjordson

Edit: And even if they do, you desperately need a guy with ice cold nerves. Anthony Davis had ridiculous poise and bailed his team out beyond question.
Bailed out? I think that's doing a big disservice to UK's other players last year. We had 6 great players on the team that were all key.

As for next year, I ain't predicting shit after what we went through this year. Just hoping for the best.

Crisco

Banned
This class sucked ass though. The next class is actually good. They have 4 projected top 16 picks in next year's class.

Sucked ass? Yeah, maybe that's how it turned out, but weren't they the #3 team pre-season? Obviously someone thought they were supposed to be a pretty damn good class.

TheNatural

My Member!
Sucked ass? Yeah, maybe that's how it turned out, but weren't they the #3 team pre-season? Obviously someone thought they were supposed to be a pretty damn good class.

Not me.

And yeah, I think UK's ranking is based more on Cal's history than the substance of the team, because these guys aren't as good as any of the past three years IMO. The class itself is just flat out down.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43311427&postcount=154

Rankings overrate a completely different team based on last year's results or on name value? No shocker there.

Seth C

Hey Cal, maybe you should've played better competition throughout the season to help your players get better? Just a thought

Your team played 2 Top 20 teams (Georgetown and UNC) before your conference schedule started. So did Kentucky, only in our case they were 1 and 3 (Duke and Louisville). So, huh. Interesting you'd speak up.

Fjordson

They were top 3. Right behind Louisville. Which is so funny to think about now. U of L was so much better than us this year and it wasn't even close.

But I think many people saw that was a bit much. Calipari himself seemed to repeat at every interview that his team is really young and people are "crazy for ranking us up there right now". It was inflated because of the title.

Top Bottom