• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
We're not going to have a lot of size, and Marshall Plumlee is proof that the whole McDonald's All American thing is a fraud.

I don't know what to think about the Jefferson, his situation isn't parallel to Silent Gs in that he's gotten a good bit of PT and K almost always shortens his bench at this time. All of our seniors now seldom played as freshmen, and unless you are a phenomenal talent or fill a need (Sulaimon) you're not going to play.

There are some "close to the program" that says Amile is going to Villanova, there are others that say Amile is frustrated, but has zero intention of transferring. His lone weakness is lack of bulk. The problem is the guy he plays behind is not really better than he is now (despite the size).

These rumors always come out when Duke under performs. Amile is going to get a lot of PT on next years team and he doesn't project to be an early NBA entree. If he wants to stay, he will his shot. Its just not this year.

DominoKid

im watching this kentucky basketball documentary, and its narrated by drake lol. calipari has no shame.

i forgot yall gave him a championship ring too.

Fjordson

im watching this kentucky basketball documentary, and its narrated by drake lol. calipari has no shame.

i forgot yall gave him a championship ring too.
Jay-Z-kentucky.jpg

Ballin'
and possibly a violation? Who knows :lol

jakncoke

Banned
We're not going to have a lot of size, and Marshall Plumlee is proof that the whole McDonald's All American thing is a fraud.

I don't know what to think about the Jefferson, his situation isn't parallel to Silent Gs in that he's gotten a good bit of PT and K almost always shortens his bench at this time. All of our seniors now seldom played as freshmen, and unless you are a phenomenal talent or fill a need (Sulaimon) you're not going to play.

There are some "close to the program" that says Amile is going to Villanova, there are others that say Amile is frustrated, but has zero intention of transferring. His lone weakness is lack of bulk. The problem is the guy he plays behind is not really better than he is now (despite the size).

These rumors always come out when Duke under performs. Amile is going to get a lot of PT on next years team and he doesn't project to be an early NBA entree. If he wants to stay, he will his shot. Its just not this year.

Dante Taylor :(

I was so fucking hyped 4 pt 4 rebound career averages :/

Fjordson

jakncoke

Banned
PITTSBURGH -- So much for speculation that Jamie Dixon is leaving Pittsburgh.

Saying he wants to "finish his career" with the Panthers, Dixon agreed to a contract extension on Saturday that will keep him signed through 2023.

Dixon
There had been talk that USC was targeting Dixon, a Southern California native, for its open job.

The Panthers went 24-9 this season and finished fourth in their final year in the Big East but were blown out by Wichita State in the second round of the NCAA tournament on Thursday.

Dixon is 11-9 in the tournament, though Pitt has not advanced past the opening weekend since 2009, when it lost to Villanova in the regional finals.

Dixon is 262-86 in a decade with the Panthers, who are moving on to the ACC this summer.

Nice, wasnt even aware there was rumors he might leave

Branduil

I like how UCLA put out a statement that Howland was still the coach yesterday just so they could look like bumbling morons.

#DanGuerreroProfessionalism

DominoKid

welp that season's over.

i think its pretty clear that mcadoo and bullock arent ready for the nba.* of course that means they're all gonna go pro and if that happened i'd already be checked out on next season.

everybody stay, lets get wiggins and win it all next year (edit: because if not, its gonna be at least 2016 until were a title contender again)

*same w/ pj but he's definitely gonna be the best pro out of this bunch.

Bowser

welp that season's over.

i think its pretty clear that mcadoo and bullock arent ready for the nba.* of course that means they're all gonna go pro and if that happened i'd already be checked out on next season.

everybody stay, lets get wiggins and win it all next year (edit: because if not, its gonna be at least 2016 until were a title contender again)

*same w/ pj but he's definitely gonna be the best pro out of this bunch.

I'm not worried about PJ going pro. His uncle posts on IC and said he promised his mom at least 3 years and a degree. Now obviously, things can change, but I doubt PJ would have a lottery guarantee, and that's what it would take for him to leave. You could see the pain on his face as he came out yesterday - I don't think that's how he wants to end his time at UNC.

Most insiders believe that JMM will also be back. His family isn't hurting for cash and his father is a heavy influence on his NBA decision. He wants JMM to have the best chance at succeeding in the NBA and the thought is JMM still needs some time to develop his game as a stretch 4 (hard to believe he can be an effective stretch 4 in the league with the shooting splits he posted this year, something like 45% FG/55% FT).

The wildcard is Reggie. He's got personal reasons for why he may declare (he's got a kid to provide for). He probably wouldn't be picked in the first round, but I'm sure a contender would scoop him up in the second. Ultimately, Reggie is who he is - he's not going to get measurably better from his junior to his senior year. And if, IF we get Wiggins, he'd be at best the third banana on the team behind Wiggins and JMM (and actually 4th, IMO, behind PJ as well as Reggie seems to be a guy who isn't aggressive and doesn't look for his shot). I would not be surprised to see Reggie leave. If we can get Wiggins though, we'll be ok. Frankly, Reggie never seemed to show up for big games. He shrunk from the limelight time and again. I hope he comes back and has a monster senior season, but I think we can get by without him if need be.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
If I'm Wake Forest, I give Jeff Bzdelic a thanks for playing prize and call Tubby right now. He would be perfect for where there program is right now.

W1SSY

Reports coming out saying Tubby is out at Minnesota. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me after how they did in the tournament this year.
And now I realize it has been discussed in the tournament thread.

DominoKid

I'm not worried about PJ going pro. His uncle posts on IC and said he promised his mom at least 3 years and a degree. Now obviously, things can change, but I doubt PJ would have a lottery guarantee, and that's what it would take for him to leave. You could see the pain on his face as he came out yesterday - I don't think that's how he wants to end his time at UNC.

Most insiders believe that JMM will also be back. His family isn't hurting for cash and his father is a heavy influence on his NBA decision. He wants JMM to have the best chance at succeeding in the NBA and the thought is JMM still needs some time to develop his game as a stretch 4 (hard to believe he can be an effective stretch 4 in the league with the shooting splits he posted this year, something like 45% FG/55% FT).

The wildcard is Reggie. He's got personal reasons for why he may declare (he's got a kid to provide for). He probably wouldn't be picked in the first round, but I'm sure a contender would scoop him up in the second. Ultimately, Reggie is who he is - he's not going to get measurably better from his junior to his senior year. And if, IF we get Wiggins, he'd be at best the third banana on the team behind Wiggins and JMM (and actually 4th, IMO, behind PJ as well as Reggie seems to be a guy who isn't aggressive and doesn't look for his shot). I would not be surprised to see Reggie leave. If we can get Wiggins though, we'll be ok. Frankly, Reggie never seemed to show up for big games. He shrunk from the limelight time and again. I hope he comes back and has a monster senior season, but I think we can get by without him if need be.

aight that makes me feel better about it. although the idea of McAdoo becoming a legit stretch 4 is kinda hilarious to me.

If I'm Wake Forest, I give Jeff Bzdelic a thanks for playing prize and call Tubby right now. He would be perfect for where there program is right now.

NOPE! Makes too much sense.

Seth C

Oh hey look, maybe now people can finally stop bitching about us "firing" Tubby. He's not even good enough for Minnesota.

jakncoke

Banned
Was looking at the newest teams to division 1, 32 teams have joined since 2000. Pretty there is more that even plan on joining. Pretty crazy how big division 1 level is at the moment

Was looking at the newest teams to division 1, 32 teams have joined since 2000. Pretty there is more that even plan on joining. Pretty crazy how big division 1 level is at the moment

That's why I don't get why schools are scheduling Div II schools for their cupcake games these days. You can find a million Little Sisters of the Poor or Gramblings in Div I now.

DominoKid

Lorenzo Brown about to leave. CJ Leslie too probably.

---

Roy Williams addressed the topic on his radio show on Monday night:

“We’ll look into it and see. I don’t feel the sense of urgency right now with that as I have in years past. We were an 8-seed. We finished third in the league. We had 11 losses. The NBA usually likes to find those guys that come off teams that won 30 games and go to the Final Four. And our guys understand that. That’s not saying anything negative. But with P.J. and Reggie and James Michael, those three for example, they’re going to be NBA players. There’s no doubt in my mind. Is it going to be next year? I think that is a big question. I think each one of those kids can gain a great deal from coming back and improve their game. John Henson’s dad said it better than anybody – it’s not how quickly you get to the NBA, it’s how ready you are to play when you get there. I think all three of those kids, I’ll have discussions with them and I’ll have discussions with the NBA people about them, but I don’t think there’s any cut-and-dried guy that’s going to be leaving for sure.”

well fucking said roy. i see you.

Crisco

Banned
So Mark Gottfried has a $3.75 million buyout. Along with Howland's buyout, it'll cost them upwards of $7 million just to hire him. For Mark Gottfried!! Hahahahahahaha.

Fjordson

Welcome to the off season Blue Devil fans and Gator fans. Y'all just caught hot teams at the wrong time.

Small consolation at the moment, but Duke will be really good again next year, so it's all good. Jabari Parker will be a beast.

Not sure about Florida's situation, don't know who's leaving. Though I do know their top 10 PG recruit is is supposed to be the real deal.

Fjordson

Haven't seen one, but there's pretty clear video of it on YouTube. I clicked on one, but had to shut it off. Injury looked too gruesome. Hell, even SBNation said they refuse to post a gif of it.

Top Bottom