• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

Haven't seen one, but there's pretty clear video of it on YouTube. I clicked on one, but had to shut it off. Injury looked too gruesome. Hell, even SBNation said they refuse to post a gif of it.

Damn wussies, WCW replayed Sid Vicious breaking his leg in two non-stop over & over an entire week when it happened.

It'll heal!

Wellscha

I don't think KU and UNC are out of the window when it comes to Wiggins. If his concern is going to the draft next year then He'll want to play as much as possible. Choosing UK would limit his play time compared to UNC and KU.

Fjordson

Yeah, there are so many players at UK already. They'll technically have two last scholarships open for Wiggins and Aaron Gordon if either of them happens to commit to UK, but I'll be shocked if either does.

Also, the McDonald's All-American game is this week. Wednesday I think. I'm looking forward to it (have nothing else to cheer for as a UK fan =[ )

And I like seeing this: six UK commits already bonding!

I don't think KU and UNC are out of the window when it comes to Wiggins. If his concern is going to the draft next year then He'll want to play as much as possible. Choosing UK would limit his play time compared to UNC and KU.

Dude, if he is as great as they say, he'll start no matter who is on his team.

Thats just speculation.

At least let the NCAA/school say or do something before you grab the pitchforks.

Yeah, a lot of jumping to conclusions there in that article. UL isn't going to do that to him - that being said, the overall premise that the NCAA are scumbags is valid, though. And from reports I've seen the injury shouldn't be a career ending one. Would have been much worse with torn ligaments/tendons in the process. This was just hopefully a clean break for the most part.

Thats just speculation.

At least let the NCAA/school say or do something before you grab the pitchforks.
Moreso pot-stirring than speculation. He won't lose his scholarship or have to pay for his medical bills, but the shameful thing is that legally, there's nothing ensuring that.

Moreso pot-stirring than speculation. He won't lose his scholarship or have to pay for his medical bills, but the shameful thing is that legally, there's nothing ensuring that.

That's what disgusts me about this. I'd assume that Louisville will do right by Ware and honor his scholarship and take care of the medical costs (especially when, as Domino said, they're on such a visible stage). But the fact that they don't have to is an absolute disgrace.

In happier news, UCF just unveiled their new court design. Much better and part of a continued effort to minimize the amount of athletics logos floating out there. Love the contrast on the court - always liked those designs. The wood is coming from one of the NCAA tourney sites. Just can't put a conference logo there since, well know know, we don't have a conference name yet.

Hashtags and all. THANKS, TWITTER!

bA9VcGU.jpg

Triple U

Banned
In happier news, UCF just unveiled their new court design. Much better and part of a continued effort to minimize the amount of athletics logos floating out there. Love the contrast on the court - always liked those designs. The wood is coming from one of the NCAA tourney sites. Just can't put a conference logo there since, well know know, we don't have a conference name yet.

Hashtags and all. THANKS, TWITTER!

So you stole the armies' colors and name?

So you stole the armies' colors and name?

Basically. We used to be briefly called the Citronauts. Probably should have held onto that one. A cross between the Syracuse Orange and the Jetsons.

M5DTrHX.jpg

But we're now the Knights[of Pegasus] - compliments our academic logo pictured in my avatar actually.

DominoKid

In the 10 years since Roy has been back. Make of it what you will...

Roy:
2 National Titles
3 Final Fours
6 Elite 8s
6 ACC Regular Season Titles
2 ACC Tournament Titles
9-12 vs. K

K:
1 National Title
2 Final Fours
3 Elite 8s
3 ACC Regular Season Titles
5 ACC Tournament Titles
12-9 vs. Roy

Early Entrants
2012 – Harrison Barnes, John Henson, Kendall Marshall
2010 – Ed Davis
2009 – Ty Lawson, Wayne Ellington
2007 – Brandan Wright
2005 – Marvin Williams, Raymond Felton, Sean May, Rashad McCants
vs.
2011 - Kyrie Irving
2009 - Gerald Henderson
2007 - Josh McRoberts
2005 - Shavlik Randolph
2004 – Luol Deng

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

Roy:
2 National Titles
3 Final Fours
6 Elite 8s
2 ACC Tournament Titles
9-12 vs. K

K:
1 National Title
2 Final Fours
3 Elite 8s
5 ACC Tournament Titles
12-9 vs. Roy

Early Entrants
2010 – Ed Davis
2007 – Brandan Wright
vs.
2011 - Kyrie Irving
2009 - Gerald Henderson
2007 - Josh McRoberts
2005 - Shavlik Randolph
2004 – Luol Deng

Hey, you forgot that NIT runner up for Huckleberry :p. The early entrants certainly looks like more of an issue for UNC, but keep in mind A LOT of those players came back for additional seasons when they would have been gone after one at other schools. Just the way it is.

Honestly I think the biggest difference between the two is that 05 recruiting class which was pretty good for UNC (Hansbrough, Green) and a complete disaster for Duke (Paulus, McRobust lol). Your 06 class was better, but we got a championship out of ours too.

DominoKid

that team looks so bad in retrospect lol.

at least from the duke fans i know, they hang their hat on beating UNC. whereas we hang our hat on the overall season.
i've heard more shit talk about the sweep than them making it farther than us in the tournament. surprising because the latter has been a rarity in the Roy era.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
that team looks so bad in retrospect lol.

at least from the duke fans i know, they hang their hat on beating UNC. whereas we hang our hat on the overall season.
i've heard more shit talk about the sweep than them making it farther than us in the tournament. surprising because the latter has been a rarity in the Roy era.

You must not know that many Duke fans if all they said they cared about was just beating UNC. Beating this particular UNC team wasn't that impressive really. The only time I can think that was debated was 2011, where Duke was 2-1 vs UNC but was bounced by Zona in the sweet 16, UNC made it one round further before losing to UK. If I remember though, UNC didn't have a particular hard bracket and your sweet 16 matchup was an unimpressive Marquette team that we also beat by 10+ earlier in the season. Finishing first that year in the ACC was impressive, but if Irving doesn't get hurt, it never happens.

State fans might hang their hat on beating UNC. Duke has 4 NCAA championships, and our fanbase will always want more than just beating UNC.

DominoKid

i know a lot of duke fans. i know about 3x as many UNC fans. i know 3 state fans lol. i can imagine my friends get tired of the UNC onslaught so that probably matters.

NC State looking like a dumpster fire right now. Warren might be the only holdover from their rotation.
Brown & Leslie leaving
Purvis transferring - word is he was gassed on his own abilities and caused problems, surprisingly not CJL. kinda stupid if you ask me. he'd get all the mins he could handle this season.
Lewis rumored to transfer to Davidson.
Gottfried...is still Gottfried lmao. he's gonna have to re-evaluate his approach.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member

Roy:
2 National Titles
3 Final Fours
6 Elite 8s
2 ACC Tournament Titles
9-12 vs. K

K:
1 National Title
2 Final Fours
3 Elite 8s
5 ACC Tournament Titles
12-9 vs. Roy

Early Entrants
2010 – Ed Davis
2007 – Brandan Wright
vs.
2011 - Kyrie Irving
2009 - Gerald Henderson
2007 - Josh McRoberts
2005 - Shavlik Randolph
2004 – Luol Deng

You forgot Austin Rivers' Punchable Face for 2012 early entrants. I know it's probably painful to remember him after that shot ; )

And yeah, I agree with truly. None of my friends would place beating UNC on a pedestal above tournament performance. After 4 years in a row of losing in Cameron, it certainly grew in importance for the past few meetings, but the overall season and NCAA tournament performance is what we're more hungry for.

TheNatural

My Member!
Early entrants are such a lame metric. I remember Hansborough was like a projected top 5 pick after his freshman year, stayed 4 years, because he loved being in college, and lost all kinds of draft slots.

Fjordson

i know a lot of duke fans. i know about 3x as many UNC fans. i know 3 state fans lol. i can imagine my friends get tired of the UNC onslaught so that probably matters.

NC State looking like a dumpster fire right now. Warren might be the only holdover from their rotation.
Brown & Leslie leaving
Purvis transferring - word is he was gassed on his own abilities and caused problems, surprisingly not CJL. kinda stupid if you ask me. he'd get all the mins he could handle this season.
Lewis rumored to transfer to Davidson.
Gottfried...is still Gottfried lmao. he's gonna have to re-evaluate his approach.

damn-gif-o.gif

State enjoyed their two years of relevance, about to go back to bumhood.

If we're exchanging anecdotal tales of the fans we know, the loudest Carolina fans I know will say stuff like "if Carolina only wins two games this year, but those 2 are against Duke, then it was a good season."

Talon

You forgot Austin Rivers' Punchable Face for 2012 early entrants. I know it's probably painful to remember him after that shot ; )

And yeah, I agree with truly. None of my friends would place beating UNC on a pedestal above tournament performance. After 4 years in a row of losing in Cameron, it certainly grew in importance for the past few meetings, but the overall season and NCAA tournament performance is what we're more hungry for.
The travel is forever.

TheNatural

My Member!
Wiggins is going to UK, according to some insiders on the 247 boards. Not that shocking or anything though, pretty much figured that.

We really ought to get this locked and move into the March Madness thread. It just keeps popping up in my subscription list with replies but we'd be better off in a single thread.

Fjordson

I've been sort of using this as an off-season thread. Don't want to clog up the march madness talk with Kentucky recruiting news and other non-tourney stuff, lol.

Anyways, this is a really suspicious story:

Pac-12 Head of Officials being investigated for targeting Sean Miller of Arizona. PAC-12 says nothing insidious went down, but it sounds like that technical foul on Miller in the UCLA game was pretty suspect. Weird.

Also, top 5 recruit Aaron Gordon is announcing tomorrow. Sounds like it's down to Arizona or Kentucky. I've actually seen him play live a lot since my nephew plays high school ball in the same league as him out here in San Jose. Amazing player, though all signs point to him staying somewhat near the west coast. I'm gonna guess Arizona since two of his friends from AAU are playing there (Nick Johnson is one, can't remember the other).

Top Bottom