• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
God Rutgers sucks.

Finally George O'Leary outdone. New Rutgers BB coach has some resume issues. Claimed a degree from Rutgers. I guess at least the school exists, unlike GOL.

Also, Rutgers apparently never made the call to the registrar's office to verify that degree.

Deadspin

Edit: We'll see the fallout, if any. As it is completely possible things could check out in the end.

Rumors floating around that the Wiggins decision will be announced by Tuesday.

Which of course means that the Wiggins decision will not be announced by Tuesday.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Damn Roy not like this

I mean we all know its true but you aint gotta say it.

Now if Bullock makes it, Roy looks like a selfish fool. Reggie's situation is unique, in that as a player, he could boost his stock next year if he has a good season, he's not an automatic 1st pick.
On the other hand, he's now got a family, this year's draft is weak, he's got the size, athleticism and shot to be a decent late 1st round early second pick, and you need those guys to defend and shoot.
Worst of all, Roy should know better, even if you think he's making a huge mistake, he's a 5 star that gave you 3 years, has family concerns, and is taking advantage of a weaker draft after having a solid season. Good job throwing him under the bus. Typical for the Huckster.

DominoKid

Now if Bullock makes it, Roy looks like a selfish fool. Reggie's situation is unique, in that as a player, he could boost his stock next year if he has a good season, he's not an automatic 1st pick.
On the other hand, he's now got a family, this year's draft is weak, he's got the size, athleticism and shot to be a decent late 1st round early second pick, and you need those guys to defend and shoot.
Worst of all, Roy should know better, even if you think he's making a huge mistake, he's a 5 star that gave you 3 years, has family concerns, and is taking advantage of a weaker draft after having a solid season. Good job throwing him under the bus. Typical for the Huckster.

Nah it just means he succeeded despite obvious, legitimate doubts about his NBA readiness.

Bowser

Wiggins will sign at 12:15PM on Tuesday. No presser, private ceremony with friends and family. Only one media member, a local Huntington writer, will be allowed to attend.

Fjordson

Grant Traylor is the local reporter covering it. He's about to get a lot of new followers on Twitter.

Edit: looks like he's already gained 4,000 :lol

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Nah it just means he succeeded despite obvious, legitimate doubts about his NBA readiness.

Thats true, but publicly Roy is hanging the guy out to dry. I'm not griefing Roy because he doubts Bullocks decision is smart, I'm questioning his wisdom about doing it publicly, in this manner. Why not say "we'd love to have him another year, but he has an exciting opportunity in front of him" Roy is opening himself up to some severe negative recruiting.

Fjordson

Thats true, but publicly Roy is hanging the guy out to dry. I'm not griefing Roy because he doubts Bullocks decision is smart, I'm questioning his wisdom about doing it publicly, in this manner. Why not say "we'd love to have him another year, but he has an exciting opportunity in front of him" Roy is opening himself up to some severe negative recruiting.
Yeah, kind of agreed. I don't doubt that he means well. But just say you wish him the best and be done with it publicly.

I can't hate on Ol' Roy too much, though, because he gave the Warriors Harrison Barnes. Kid is legit as fuck right now. 26 points, 10 boards yesterday. Abused Tony Parker in the post when Poppovich tried to put his bigger defenders on Steph Curry. Had a pretty crossover to pull-up jumper on Ginobli in overtime to help seal the game. He was a steal at #7 in the draft for us.

Wiggins will sign at 12:15PM on Tuesday. No presser, private ceremony with friends and family. Only one media member, a local Huntington writer, will be allowed to attend.

At least he's going about the announcement the right way. None of this modern nonsense, no Skype bullshit, no pulling hats off of tables or pulling shirts out of a bag, no ESPN half-hour specials.

Glad to see it, I wish more kids would follow this example. Almost makes me forgive him for how goddamn long it took. Almost.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
At least he's going about the announcement the right way. None of this modern nonsense, no Skype bullshit, no pulling hats off of tables or pulling shirts out of a bag, no ESPN half-hour specials.

Glad to see it, I wish more kids would follow this example. Almost makes me forgive him for how goddamn long it took. Almost.

He seems to be low key personalit wise and its been prett amusing how people have tried to read into that whatever fits their agenda. I'm honest, I don't want him at UK. Facing him at UNC twice is more preferable than him going to UK. If someone can get me to hope the #1 player goes to my arch rival, then its apparent they are fucking up the sport. Cal and the NBA can go to hell :(

Fjordson

:lol I don't think Wiggins is going to UK. I really have no clue out ot the other three, though. I'm going to say FSU just for the hell of it and because FSU sucks so he won't do as much damage there. I like our team against anyone next year, but I'd be nervous about having to play UNC at UNC with Wiggins on board. Especially in December with all our new freshmen.

I really haven't expected him to end up at UK for a while and the stuff coming out today about his not wanting to attend summer school and stuff makes me feel a bit better about missing out on him if it's true. Any team that lands him is getting a great player and seemingly a nice kid, but with every one of our other players getting on campus and getting ready in the summer I'd hate to risk some chemistry issues on what is already going to be a killer team.

Fingers crossed for FSU. Will be fun to watch that play out when he's a big fish in a small pond with no chance of winning a title.

Fjordson

It'd be neat I think, especially since he's had three big name schools on pins and needles for months :lol some of the fan meltdowns would be delicious. And his parents being star athletes there in the past is cool.

I can't imagine they'll be very good, though. They were bad this year and their recruiting class as of now consists of two four star players, the best one being a 6-3 shooting guard ranked outside the top 40.

Kansas coaches telling anyone who will listen, they are getting Wiggins. That is why national media floating in that direction

— Matt Jones (@KySportsRadio) May 13, 2013

If true, can't wait for all of my Kansas friends who don't really follow this stuff all that closely to celebrate tomorrow when they have a chance to look up who Wiggins is.

That's the best possible alternative, if he doesn't go to FSU.

Don't have to face him twice wearing the baby blues, and he doesn't go join the GREATEST FUCKING TEAM EVER in Lexington. Wiggins at Kansas does make that Duke-Kansas game in Chicago in November a helluva lot more interesting though.

I personally say he should join his brother at Wichita State though. Those dudes with Wiggins would be a problem.

I want to enjoy his year and that'd be much easier for me if he were at FSU. I can't root for KU, even though if I were him the only two choices would have been UK or KU. It makes sense for Wiggins to play for Cal or Self, who have proven they don't screw up legit talent.

DominoKid

man if you love basketball you shouldn't want him to go to FSU. that's lame as hell. all that's gonna happen is he's gonna put up some gaudy stats and get KOd in the 2nd round like Durant at Texas. i want to see him on a good team even if it's not UNC.

Fjordson

About three hours until he announces. Less than three actually.

I just pray the UK crazies aren't too nuts when he goes elsewhere and don't embarrass all of us that are UK fans. Especially on places like Twitter and Rivals. Bitter fans are funny when it's another school (like Kansas fans when Randle committed to UK) but it's a bad look when it's your own fanbase (like when Anthony Bennett went to UNLV).

Talon

He's a dook fan too though! At least I'm a UNC grad, you should like me better :p
This is true.

I actually don't have ton of malice towards the Panthers. I've always hated the Buccaneers the most because they were a sack of dirty scumbags once Gruden came in and then the Saints started playing dirty once Gregg came in.

Bowser

man if you love basketball you shouldn't want him to go to FSU. that's lame as hell. all that's gonna happen is he's gonna put up some gaudy stats and get KOd in the 2nd round like Durant at Texas. i want to see him on a good team even if it's not UNC.

Whatever, fuck Kansas. I'd rather he join the UK Superteam than have Self pull another one on the Heels, tired of it.

edit: speaking of, with 90 min left in the recruitment, Cal just went on a Twitter rant about how academics are important to his program lol. Subtweeting (apparently AW does not want to attend summer school)?:

John Calipari‏@UKCoachCalipari52m
When you run a players-first program, it’s not just about loving to play basketball; it’s about teaching our kids the love of learning.

John Calipari‏@UKCoachCalipari53m
When you come to Kentucky, you are either going pro or getting a degree. We call it the success rate, & right now we’re batting 100 percent.

John Calipari‏@UKCoachCalipari55m
Twelve of our 13 guys had a 3.0 or better and two had a 4.0. I’m proud of the hard work our guys have put in both on and off the court.

John Calipari‏@UKCoachCalipari56m
I talked last week about our 100-percent success rate. How about this, #BBN? We posted a 3.4 GPA for the spring semester.

lol

Okay, with 5 minutes left, here is my prediction:

Kansas. (the team I want to win the least, but it is looking like Kansas is a possibility)

FSU would just be too fucking lame.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
No UK or UNC? Best of both worlds for me, but Wiggins playing Parker twice a year on the biggest regular season stage would have been dynamite TV

image.axd

Now time for the next big recruiting battle, who will get Tariq Black from Memphis.

He's visiting Kansas today and he visited Duke yesterday. Oregon is also said to be in the picture.

He's said to be a Duke lean, but I wonder how the Wiggins announcement will affect his decision.

DominoKid

there's mad...and then theres MAD

Myles Brown Myles Brown ‏@mdotbrown
"Hey, nigger! Why didn't you come to our college?!" is one of those self-answering questions.

i'll let you guess what fanbase that jewel dropped from.

Top Bottom