• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

DominoKid

explaining this to my mom is the worst. not only is she sad that a local kid for UNC has fucked up...again, but i'm also part telling on myself that i understand all of this too lol.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Guess I really can't relate since my brother and I both smoke in front of our mother these days. He has MS and I'm just a pot head.

DominoKid

i mean, she knew i smoked after she found a piece looking for a pen in my bookbag right in front of me. i didn't even remember the damn thing was in there because its a bookbag i don't really use. so i just kept on playing video games until she gasped. she was more pissed about me riding dirty than smoking though.

she just doesn't know how much i smoked.

Crisco

Banned
i mean, she knew i smoked after she found a piece looking for a pen in my bookbag right in front of me. i didn't even remember the damn thing was in there because its a bookbag i don't really use. so i just kept on playing video games until she gasped. she was more pissed about me riding dirty than smoking though.

she just doesn't know how much i smoked.

I got pulled over for speeding twice while I had pot in the car. Once it wasn't even in a bag, just sitting in a loaded bowl in my center console. I was sure the dude would smell it but I lucked out both times.

In other news, the Traitors now have commits from the two best players in DC in Dion Wiley and Melo Trimble.

Turgeon da Gawd may be passing JTIII as the premier recruiter in the DC area.

There are more pressing matters, like how UNC just buttfucked me in regards to me housing assignment.

Matugi
(Today, 03:45 PM)

Looks like you've moved up in the GAF world, congrats.

DominoKid

doesn't surprise me. only reason JT3 was ever tops is because Gary was too stubborn to play ball. he tricked off a gold mine of talent.

Crisco

Banned
UNC will be fine, although probably not a championship contender. Not that it matters with UK basically fielding an NBA all-rookie team. PJ is pretty fucked though, kills his chances of ever being a lottery pick or even a first rounder.

Fjordson

Man. Crazy story unfolding.

The microscope these kids are under is a bit unfair sometimes, but you have to know you can't do that shit.

I mean a little weed is one thing, but a gun? Why would he even need a gun?

Matugi

If the gun is PJ's, he's probably gone. If it's not, he gets reprimanded and UNC likely suspends him for a couple games during the cupcake schedule but otherwise carries on.

UNC's championship is coming within the next two years with PB&J and hopefully Vaughn.

Fjordson

Because he didn't want someone to steal his weed! That would be around a 3 month supply for me.
:lol well maybe, but if you have so much weed that you think you might need a piece to protect it I think it's time to slow down. Go with a smaller supply and space that shit out.

A gun is just the worst possible thing to turn to. Especially when you know it isn't registered and everything since they dumped it before the checkpoint (if it did belong to them).

edit: and it wasn't even his car? Just a rental car? You have to be 25 to rent a car here in California, is it the same in NC?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I am safe from the E3 purge.

And I may have found a solution to my rooming problems. Makes me happy but can't count my chickens before they hatch.

I know you used your UNC connections to get promoted. Somebody call Dan Kane!

Man. Crazy story unfolding.

The microscope these kids are under is a bit unfair sometimes, but you have to know you can't do that shit.

I mean a little weed is one thing, but a gun? Why would he even need a gun?

I'm not going to say that all of Durham is bad, its not, but there are places you don't want to be, not without straps I guess.

I think PJ is a completely unlikeable asshole and kind of a douche and I feel bad for him. He had and maybe still has a future. Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Fjordson

Funny you say that, I was looking at some UNC forums earlier and saw a few posts saying "why would these kids even risk being there after dark". I haven't been to North Carolina so I don't know personally, but it sounds like it was a bad neighborhood.

All seems really weird to me. Maybe California is different, but you can get weed here from literally the nicest neighborhoods around. I don't smoke, but knew many kids who did growing up, and none of them had need for a gun or anything like that.

DominoKid

lol come on Truly. how do you think PJ is an asshole and a douche? most State & Duke fans i know actually like him which surprises the hell out of me. and up until now i've never heard a bad thing about him.

:lol well maybe, but if you have so much weed that you think you might need a piece to protect it I think it's time to slow down. Go with a smaller supply and space that shit out.

A gun is just the worst possible thing to turn to. Especially when you know it isn't registered and everything since they dumped it before the checkpoint (if it did belong to them).

edit: and it wasn't even his car? Just a rental car? You have to be 25 to rent a car here in California, is it the same in NC?

it's someone else's name on the rental. now it's just a matter of who it is and how much, if any, trouble we'll be in for PJ being a dumbass.

Funny you say that, I was looking at some UNC forums earlier and saw a few posts saying "why would these kids even risk being there after dark". I haven't been to North Carolina so I don't know personally, but it sounds like it was a bad neighborhood.

All seems really weird to me. Maybe California is different, but you can get weed here from literally the nicest neighborhoods around. I don't smoke, but knew many kids who did growing up, and none of them had need for a gun or anything like that.

where he was at is a shithole. none of our players have any business being there. but PJ is a Greensboro kid after all. that shit isn't foreign to him at all.

Like truly said, there are definitely some places in Durham where you don't want to be caught at night without the burner. Apparently this was one of those areas. Still he's an idiot for carrying without a registration. Even if it's not his, he's an idiot for even jeopardizing himself by being in that position in the first place.

Yes. The AP/ESPN article mentioned that the NCAA is going to be interested in that part of the story. Who signed for the car, and would it be an impermissible benefit.

Whose name is listed on the rental agreement for the new SUV Hairston was driving could be critical for the Tar Heels. If the vehicle was paid for by a team booster or sports agent, the NCAA potentially could impose penalties on the basketball program

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...lice-seized-gun-ammunition-arrest-pj-hairston

Matugi

Russell to OSU makes it all but certain that Vaughn will go to Carolina. As far as I know OSU was the only other major competitor.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
lol come on Truly. how do you think PJ is an asshole and a douche? most State & Duke fans i know actually like him which surprises the hell out of me. and up until now i've never heard a bad thing about him.

I should have qualified that, on the court, I think he plays like a bit of an asshole and a douche. That tomahawk jam at the end of the first Duke/UNC game? He plays salty and I think thats great. Laettner is probably my favorite Duke player and he's a complete asshole and douche. But I love having those guys on the team.
PJ played with a chip on his shoulder and he'd show someone up first opportunity. Thats what UNC will miss.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Russell to OSU makes it all but certain that Vaughn will go to Carolina. As far as I know OSU was the only other major competitor.

Sounds good to me. That would eliminate a competitor in the Devin Booker sweepstakes.

I also think it hurts OSU's chances at Luke Kennard in 15 considering they now have 3 guys in 14 who now play the same positions.

Fjordson

Man, if we miss out on all these wing prospects...fuckin' a. Vaughn to UNC, Booker to Michigan, Dante Exum to Indiana, and Stanley Johnson to Arizona.

Wiggins passing up on UK has me shook lol. That Calipari motha fucka can't recruit for shit.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Man, if we miss out on all these wing prospects...fuckin' a. Vaughn to UNC, Booker to Michigan, Dante Exum to Indiana, and Stanley Johnson to Arizona.

Wiggins passing up on UK has me shook lol. That Calipari motha fucka can't recruit for shit.

In a perfect world you'd take Exum from IU.

Fjordson

I want Stanley Johnson too. He's said UK has been at him the hardest with Arizona and we just picked up Marcus Lee from California this year, so surely we have at least a 30-40% chance.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I want Stanley Johnson too. He's said UK has been at him the hardest with Arizona and we just picked up Marcus Lee from California this year, so surely we have at least a 30-40% chance.

I want Johnson at Zona because that increases the chances that Winslow goes to Duke. If the pieces fall just right, the drive to number 5 could be well on its way.

There are rumblings that Okafor and Jones have been strongly influenced by K's time with team USA, and K re-upped to help get them. Don't know if its true and don't care if it is. I doubt that would be the only motivating factor.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Must be nice to be a fan of a school that gets big time prospects year in and out..

In basketball...........football, not so much. Not sure Duke has had one recruit in ESPNs top 150 recruits. I think this year we actually have more 3 stars than 2, but our best players are somebody elses 2nd or 3rd string.

Fjordson

In basketball...........football, not so much. Not sure Duke has had one recruit in ESPNs top 150 recruits. I think this year we actually have more 3 stars than 2, but our best players are somebody elses 2nd or 3rd string.
Same goes for UK :lol

2-10 last year, yessir.

DominoKid

Urban bout to set it off in the Big 10. I mean he already ran that shit once and they weren't even that good. Braxton w/ a full year of Urban's style under his belt? He's gonna get that Heisman.

Urban bout to set it off in the Big 10. I mean he already ran that shit once and they weren't even that good. Braxton w/ a full year of Urban's style under his belt? He's gonna get that Heisman.

And probably lose by 30 in the BCSCG to Alabama. You don't gotta be Vastradamas to know it's coming.

Matugi

The nice thing about UNC is it's more than a two-sport school. The baseball team is the #1 national seed (although they are playing an elimination game tomorrow against South Carolina), the women's soccer team is the greatest program ever assembled in college sports, the women's lacrosse team won the NCAA championship, and the men's lacrosse team spent much of the season ranked #1 before losing in the tournament.

Top Bottom