• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

Branduil

The NCAA and UCLA have resolved the eligibility case of Shabazz Muhammad. UCLA acknowledged amateurism violations occurred and asked the NCAA on Friday afternoon to reinstate Muhammad. The university required the student-athlete to miss 10 percent of the season (three games) and repay approximately $1,600 in impermissible benefits. The NCAA agreed the actions taken by the university were sufficient. Because Muhammad has already sat out three games, he is now eligible to compete.

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the potential embarrassment of wide media exposure of the NCAA investigator's boyfriend talking openly about the case on an airplane.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...hts-talks-join-big-ten-conference-sources-say

Maryland and Rutgers to the B1G, apparently

Pretty meh unless you're a Rutgers fan.

Maryland will be fun for basketball, I guess. Would have rather had Missouri & Kansas, personally.
Important to note that none of this is final, but I do think it might happen. Rutgers will leap for the B1G if they get the chance, and Maryland seems to want out of the ACC (and academically, they're a good fit for the B1G).

I don't think Kansas was ever on the table. Missouri made their choice. They were who we thought they were!

TheNatural

My Member!
Hopefully we get in the ACC, although that's probably not happening. UCONN isn't even close to us in any sport besides womens basketball, so they've got nothing on us - other than location and being in ESPN's home city. Which obviously runs the ship. Duke, UNC, Syracuse, and Louisville would be a power 4 completely unmatched by anyone in college basketball. Especially with that coaching pedigree.

Karakand

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the potential embarrassment of wide media exposure of the NCAA investigator's boyfriend talking openly about the case on an airplane.

The Bruins Nation doxxing of those two was almost as sweet as the doxxing they did to that dog fighting jerk on USC's coaching staff.

Unfortunately in this story Ben Howland benefits.

Bowser

Hopefully we get in the ACC, although that's probably not happening. UCONN isn't even close to us in any sport besides womens basketball, so they've got nothing on us - other than location and being in ESPN's home city. Which obviously runs the ship. Duke, UNC, Syracuse, and Louisville would be a power 4 completely unmatched by anyone in college basketball. Especially with that coaching pedigree.

...you do know UConn won the title in 2011, right?

TheNatural

My Member!
...you do know UConn won the title in 2011, right?

Didn't know Calhoun or Kemba Walker were still there - and it's not like that was some sort of dominant season for them. What makes you think their program will be anywhere close to that again?

We've also won 5 of the past 6 versus them and have the best record in the conference since joining.

DominoKid

Dan Simpson ‏@DSimpson88

So CJ Leslie just fouled out of the game from the bench, swearing at an official. Wowwwww. Total meltdown. #NCSU
Expand

HAHAHAHAHA.

one of many reasons state will be a disappointment this season.

wtf is a florida gulf coast. it's not often teams play someone i've never heard of.

Bowser

Dan Simpson ‏@DSimpson88

So CJ Leslie just fouled out of the game from the bench, swearing at an official. Wowwwww. Total meltdown. #NCSU
Expand

HAHAHAHAHA.

one of many reasons state will be a disappointment this season.

wtf is a florida gulf coast. it's not often teams play someone i've never heard of.

They beat Miami already this season.

Yeah, the ACC is that bad.

also LOL at NC State. Knew they were overrated.

Crisco

Banned
Wow, we got our asses kicked lol. Glad we got this out of our system in November. This team will be dominant by March.

Amory

Pshhh, UConn almost losing to Quinnipiac, but looks like we'll pull it out. As regards the ACC, the Huskies AWAIT THE INVITATION DESPERATELY. We won't get picked though, we never do. We're stuck in the shell of the big east...

Duke had a good run. Seriously, this time.

If Maryland leaves the ACC, I might just tap out. I'm sick of conference realignment. I want my traditional ACC back, with home-and-homes with every team in the league. I want to watch Duke make January trips to Raleigh, knowing that NC State will come to Durham in February, and vice versa. I want that trip to Littlejohn, where Clemson always seems to give Duke a good game regardless of how bad the Tigers might be. I want that Saturday noon game in Charlottesville. I want back my basketball conference. And no more Sunday night games.

:mad:

And bring back Reynolds Coliseum, for crying out loud. The RBC Center is terrible.

Amory

Realignment definitely sucks.

I don't think any BEast basketball program wanted to leave for the ACC until everything went to hell. Why would they? The Big East tourney at MSG is legendary. I'm more proud of the Huskies winning the 2011 Big East tournament than I am about the national championship. But we gotta find a safe landing spot at this point, or face irrelevance down the line.

Duke had a good run. Seriously, this time.

If Maryland leaves the ACC, I might just tap out. I'm sick of conference realignment. I want my traditional ACC back, with home-and-homes with every team in the league. I want to watch Duke make January trips to Raleigh, knowing that NC State will come to Durham in February, and vice versa. I want that trip to Littlejohn, where Clemson always seems to give Duke a good game regardless of how bad the Tigers might be. I want that Saturday noon game in Charlottesville. I want back my basketball conference. And no more Sunday night games.

:mad:

And bring back Reynolds Coliseum, for crying out loud. The RBC Center is terrible.

If you think you're sick of it. You don't want to know what a fan of a program that has invested hundreds of millions into football and basketball plus other sports. Then get invited to an upgraded conference then only have that essentially taken away due to the rich getting richer and petty legal maneuvers between shithead conference commissioners and TV execs.

DominoKid

I don't really understand why anyone in the ACC even gives a shit about BC's opinion. What have they done for the league lately?

not shit.

fuck em. (c) 2 chaaaaaainz

as for maryland, it's really hard for me to give a fuck that they're leaving. out of all the non-NC acc teams, the only teams i give less of a fuck about are bc and uva

now if one of clemson, miami, gt or fsu left i'd be really salty.

I would ditch Boston College yesterday. I never did like them joining. I would probably want to keep one of Virginia Tech or Miami, but not both. Given complete fan apathy in Miami for anything, I'd keep the Hokies. Syracase and Pitt and Notre Dame would never make it into my preferred league, they belong in the Big East. I would pare the ACC down to 10 teams and build a wall around them.

:/

Stupid football money.

I half want the NFL to get greedy and establish an NFL Jr and decimate the college game.

mbmonk

not shit.

fuck em. (c) 2 chaaaaaainz

as for maryland, it's really hard for me to give a fuck that they're leaving. out of all the non-NC acc teams, the only teams i give less of a fuck about are bc and uva

now if one of clemson, miami, gt or fsu left i'd be really salty.

you just want the streak to continue. It's like 55ish? :)

alstein

State played like crap today. Hopefully it's just a fluke. Better to have your WTF game in November instead of Feburary or worse March. Also, Oklahoma St. should make the tourney, so this isn't a bad loss, guessed them at around a 6-7 seed before the season.

I think there's some chemistry issues on-court, Leslie isn't used to being not the clear #1 option, and Brown just had a terrible game.

Curious to see how they do vs Michigan and UConn. If they lose both of those, then I"ll really worry.

Meier

I still can't believe the Noles shit the bed in the opener. Played very well in the Coaches vs Cancer tourney.. hopefully that can help counteract some of the drop from losing to South Alabama if we need the help in terms of making the tourney.

alstein

I still can't believe the Noles shit the bed in the opener. Played very well in the Coaches vs Cancer tourney.. hopefully that can help counteract some of the drop from losing to South Alabama if we need the help in terms of making the tourney.

One bad loss doesn't kill tourney hopes- besides, you guys were inconsistent as hell last year and you made the tourney easily- with your style you're going to have some stupid losses and huge upsets.

Bowser

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN

Maryland's board of regents unanimously approves move to Big Ten, source tells @ESPN

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out. C'mon down UConn (sit down and shut the fuck up BC).

Bowser

Don't jinx it! Connecticut's been snubbed before :(

That said, I'd love to be a part of ACC-gaf!

The only other program I could see the ACC taking (geography be damned) is Louisville (great bball program, much better football program than UConn). But I have a feeling geography IS important to the ACC big wigs. We'll see.

Amory

The only other program I could see the ACC taking (geography be damned) is Louisville (great bball program, much better football program than UConn). But I have a feeling geography IS important to the ACC big wigs. We'll see.

Louisville's got the football, UConn has the academics and the viewer market. We shall see...

So when is the Big 10 changing its name. They're gonna have 13/14 teams in a couple of years. Or are the newcomers not BIG but rather little. BIG10 and the Little Four. That'd be a cool conference name.

thefro

So when is the Big 10 changing its name. They're gonna have 13/14 teams in a couple of years. Or are the newcomers not BIG but rather little. BIG10 and the Little Four. That'd be a cool conference name.

Pretty sure the Big XII trademarked all the conference names up to 16 when they trademarked the Big 12.

Garryk

Arkansas dropped 112 on the mighty Lancers of Longwood. First time I've seen the 1xx light up in quite some time. I was kinda surprised it still worked.

Get to play ASU and either Wisconsin or Creighton this weekend. Real test on the horizon so here's hopin'!

Top Bottom