• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Duke > state of Kentucky

good game L'ville fans. I acknowledge that Dieng could have made a difference defensively.

There are aspects of this team that remind me of the 2010 team. Not saying we'll win it all, but we have 3-4 primary scorers and the rest are guys willing to do dirty work.

TheNatural

My Member!
Duke > state of Kentucky

good game L'ville fans. I acknowledge that Dieng could have made a difference defensively.

There are aspects of this team that remind me of the 2010 team. Not saying we'll win it all, but we have 3-4 primary scorers and the rest are guys willing to do dirty work.

And offensively. We'll see who's there in March, that's all that matters.

DominoKid

Harrison Barnes is looking a bit like the old Harrison Barnes in the NBA, growing pains aside of course.

goddamnit roy. tweak the system to your players.

Fjordson

Harrison Barnes is looking a bit like the old Harrison Barnes in the NBA, growing pains aside of course.

goddamnit roy. tweak the system to your players.
Harrison has been so dope in some games lately.

I was at a game two weeks, we played the Hawks, and he had 20 points and like 13 rebounds.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Lol @ Seth Curry

DSC_9399-L.jpg

mbmonk

Early season Wins and loss do matter in March. Its called your seeding. So lets not act as if these games don't matter.

Maybe after that game last night, the national media will start to recognize that Rasheed Sulaimon is a better basketball player than Austin Rivers. Rasheed is a much better shooter, is much more efficient on the offensive end, and can rebound well at his position. Austin has a quicker first step and is more confident when driving to the hole, but I saw way too many of his possessions ending in him losing the ball or committing a charge to call him an offensive juggernaut. And Rasheed's defense is miles ahead of Austin. Austins my dude for The Shot, and no one can ever take that away from him, but Rasheed is a better overall basketball player.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I don't get the connotation.

All I'm saying is, if anyone thinks this would happen to us to our opponent last night, in March with Dieng. Then well, you're total Lehigh.

So more of the "we'll gonna get better whereas Duke couldn't possibly play any better than they did last night" bs? Well I guess UK and L'ville fans have more in common than I originally thought. Sorry but Duke had points in the second half where they could have closed out both teams to turn the games in to double digit loses for both of your teams. To assume that we couldn't get our shit straight, especially our outside shooting is foolish. Not saying UK or Louisville aren't good enough to beat us, they are, but this team is good enough to stand with any team in the top 5.

Its fine, go ahead and write us off. Last team we had that was written off in November was the 2010 team. Too bad Gottlieb isn't still on ESPN to call the team "alarmingly unathletic" or too white

Ugly wins are better than ugly losses.
Speaking of ugly, the Illini look slow and jet lagged today. Thank you Bruce Weber for this parting gift turd of a schedule.

Currently down by 3 points 1 to Garner-Webb. Hopefully one of our walkons is fresh and can put up like 20 in the 2nd half.

DominoKid

Maybe after that game last night, the national media will start to recognize that Rasheed Sulaimon is a better basketball player than Austin Rivers. Rasheed is a much better shooter, is much more efficient on the offensive end, and can rebound well at his position. Austin has a quicker first step and is more confident when driving to the hole, but I saw way too many of his possessions ending in him losing the ball or committing a charge to call him an offensive juggernaut. And Rasheed's defense is miles ahead of Austin. Austins my dude for The Shot, and no one can ever take that away from him, but Rasheed is a better overall basketball player.

i dont think he's better. h2h i bet AR would bust his ass.
he's just much much more team oriented.
AR is all about his shots.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
i dont think he's better. h2h i bet AR would bust his ass.
he's just much much more team oriented.
AR is all about his shots.

Rivers is a better offensive player, Sulaimon seems more complete and definitely more competent on the defensive end. This team seems to click a lot better as a whole so far, and many people are eager to blame Rivers for that.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
it's kinda obvious though that rivers threw off the cohesion

There was a lot LOT more to it than him, but he comes in with the narrative of being a selfish ballhog so thats what the media pundits are going to promote. Most of them had never watched Rivers play for Duke, other than maybe the UNC or Ohio State games.

Thorpe

Duke is a lot better than I thought they were going to be this year. As a fan, I took it to be one of their down years. It's still early though, so I don't pay much attention to early rankings till mid-season/up to March Madness.

Biggest surprise for me is Mason's aggressiveness and FTs. Accompany him with Sulaimon and how the others have improved. I noticed they went away a great deal from Mason's inside game, especially in the last two games of the Atlantis Tourney.

I'm anxious to see more play time from Murphy and Jefferson.

Speaking of ugly, the Illini look slow and jet lagged today. Thank you Bruce Weber for this parting gift turd of a schedule.

Currently down by 3 points 1 to Garner-Webb. Hopefully one of our walkons is fresh and can put up like 20 in the 2nd half.

UPDATE: WOOOOOOOOOO! Thank you Tyler Griffey!

Played like garbage, won on another buzzer beater!

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
So more of the "we'll gonna get better whereas Duke couldn't possibly play any better than they did last night" bs? Well I guess UK and L'ville fans have more in common than I originally thought. Sorry but Duke had points in the second half where they could have closed out both teams to turn the games in to double digit loses for both of your teams. To assume that we couldn't get our shit straight, especially our outside shooting is foolish. Not saying UK or Louisville aren't good enough to beat us, they are, but this team is good enough to stand with any team in the top 5.

Its fine, go ahead and write us off. Last team we had that was written off in November was the 2010 team. Too bad Gottlieb isn't still on ESPN to call the team "alarmingly unathletic" or too white

Couldn't agree more. Anyone who thinks that game was Duke's ceiling is delusional. We shot 25% from the 3-pt line (surprisingly haven't heard anyone utter "live by the 3 die by the 3" yet this year) and are missing a 7 footer in MP3. Cook is only going to continue to improve with experience and confidence.

Anyway, just found out I'm getting a ticket to Wednesday's OSU game. Can't wait for some payback for last year!

Going to be a long season for UCF. Started out kind of strong, but they followed that up with losses to Middle Tennessee and UF. Depth is a major concern due to NCAA issues and injuries plus waiting on a transfer to become eligible after the fall semester ends. So maybe once those players become active, we should have some problems alleviated.

I think UCF is playing with 8 scholarship players at this point.

TheNatural

My Member!
Figures, once again it's never too early to get fucking bad luck as a Louisville fan.

Dieng out with a broken wrist, and best case he's back around UK game but probably not. Worst case, he's sidelined the entire year.

It never fucking ends, I swear. We're the most cursed major program in college basketball the past decade with the amount of injuries and problems we go through, bar none.

Bowser

Figures, once again it's never too early to get fucking bad luck as a Louisville fan.

Dieng out with a broken wrist, and best case he's back around UK game but probably not. Worst case, he's sidelined the entire year.

It never fucking ends, I swear. We're the most cursed major program in college basketball the past decade with the amount of injuries and problems we go through, bar none.

Look at it this way - at least it happened in the first month of the season and not, oh, I dunno, the second round of the tournament.

Fuck Creighton

TheNatural

My Member!
Look at it this way - at least it happened in the first month of the season and not, oh, I dunno, the second round of the tournament.

Fuck Creighton

Been there, done that. See: Knowles going down against Morehead State two years ago in the first round and becoming an upset highlight in a bracket we could have had a hell of a run through.

Bowser

Been there, done that. See: Knowles going down against Morehead State two years ago in the first round and becoming an upset highlight in a bracket we could have had a hell of a run through.

Yeah, but were you guys #1 seeded title contenders who lost the only player you absolutely could not afford to lose? Whose backup was a 6'0" freshman who had barely played in a real game?

;_;

TheNatural

My Member!
Yeah, but were you guys #1 seeded title contenders who lost the only player you absolutely could not afford to lose? Whose backup was a 6'0" freshman who had barely played in a real game?

;_;

Yeah well, you just won a title a few years ago. And then a title a few years before that. You're not exactly hard up for chances to win, you have them every year practically with a built in home game the first two rounds of the tourney every year. UNC fans can't play the hard luck card man. First world problems.

Bowser

Yeah well, you just won a title a few years ago. And then a title a few years before that. You're not exactly hard up for chances to win, you have them every year practically with a built in home game the first two rounds of the tourney every year. UNC fans can't play the hard luck card man. First world problems.

True, you're right. I just really wish Marshall/Henson/Barnes (especially Barnes for all the shit he took from his own fanbase even) could have left with a ring.

alstein

No home game this year for NC teams, and in 2014, it's in State's arena so if they're a top seed in 2014 no home game for them period, and those State fans will boo the crap out of UNC if they get to watch the tourney games (unsure how that works)

DominoKid

i love the butthurt about the "home" games. even if it's at the Hurricanes arena we'll still fill that bitch up.

16 and 8/9 is still two crappy teams. if we lose it damn sure wont be because of where the game was played.

TheNatural

My Member!
No home game this year for NC teams, and in 2014, it's in State's arena so if they're a top seed in 2014 no home game for them period, and those State fans will boo the crap out of UNC if they get to watch the tourney games (unsure how that works)

LOL you think being at NC State's arena matters? No one spends money to go boo a rival in the tourney. When the Tourney is in Lexington here, and we're there, the arena is red; and vice versa when Kentucky plays here.

Anything in North Carolina is a home game for UNC and Duke in the tourney. The only state where schools can get away with a site hosted by "Charlotte" I guess it is.

DominoKid

LOL you think being at NC State's arena matters? No one spends money to go boo a rival in the tourney. When the Tourney is in Lexington here, and we're there, the arena is red; and vice versa when Kentucky plays here.

Anything in North Carolina is a home game for UNC and Duke in the tourney. The only state where schools can get away with a site hosted by "Charlotte" I guess it is.

carolina fans would lol. k hates being stuck w/ us cause we'll show up/stay just for the duke game to boo them.

also charlotte is our biggest, best and most known city (even though Raleigh is the capital). makes sense it'd be a host site. the real puzzling site is winston-salem (my hometown). i know its wake forest, but winston fucking blows. stick to greensboro, raleigh and charlotte.

Marleyman

Banned
Duke > state of Kentucky

I get strong vibes of the 2010 team. Seniors rule. I think they are actually a deeper squad this year though. I am pumped about what they are capable of.

alstein

Thought season ticket holders got some seats, and there are other games as well. That said, most of the season ticket holders would pay to see State's first round games, as in 2014 they should be in the tourney easily. (I know, as bad as they looked their last two games, they don't look like a tourney team let alone a ranked team, but I assume Gott will figure it out)

alstein

Shit gets real tomorrow night for my Hoosiers. Assembly is going to be loud. Love the ACC/Big 10 classic

I'm kinda dreading it right now- Michigan should cream State if they're playing like they have in the past week.

Whoever you're playing I kinda hope you blow them out.

DominoKid

Thought season ticket holders got some seats, and there are other games as well. That said, most of the season ticket holders would pay to see State's first round games, as in 2014 they should be in the tourney easily. (I know, as bad as they looked their last two games, they don't look like a tourney team let alone a ranked team, but I assume Gott will figure it out)

i could be wrong but i dont think the NCAA would let a team play in their own stadium if they can help it.

chris121580

I'm kinda dreading it right now- Michigan should cream State if they're playing like they have in the past week.

Whoever you're playing I kinda hope you blow them out.

We're playing UNC. It's going to be a good test for IU. We've had problems with coming out the gates sluggish at the start of most of our games so far. Hopefully they remedy that tomorrow night.

enewtabie

We're playing UNC. It's going to be a good test for IU. We've had problems with coming out the gates sluggish at the start of most of our games so far. Hopefully they remedy that tomorrow night.

We have a long way to go. Not looking that great right now. I think later in the season once we get a little cohesion going we'll be ok.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
They'll be 4, they won't leapfrog OSU or Michigan.

I suspected you were going to be wrong about this but didn't want to jinx it :p

Hopefully we have a strong showing vs OSU and can hold onto this spot. Got a fair # of 1st place votes too.

Top Bottom