• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

Bowser

Lkr

Not quite sure exactly, but that's the girl we're bringing to the dance according to insiders.

IMO, it's not a coincidence that UNC and UVa were the two schools to release public statements about realignment today:

UNC: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...ic-director-email-responds-realignment-rumors
UVa: http://www.nbc29.com/story/20199937/cragi-littlepage-uva-staying-in-acc
Or it could be because they don't want to leave because there are acc schools that should leave

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Duke has no little brother ties to UNC, whereever it goes will be based on whatever value other conferences see it as. Personally I think we could be the first east coast Pac-12 team ;P

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I though NCSU played the last 3 minutes of that game fairly well, they could have been blown out. If they played the entire game with that sort of urgency, they could have won.

Karakand

Duke has no little brother ties to UNC, whereever it goes will be based on whatever value other conferences see it as. Personally I think we could be the first east coast Pac-12 team ;P

No need to leave the geographic imprint when we have Cal Poly SLO in our backyard, neglected.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
From what I've seen, Duke looks far more complete than either IU or UNC, but tats common at this time. Still, I like our chances as the season goes on.

alstein

I though NCSU played the last 3 minutes of that game fairly well, they could have been blown out. If they played the entire game with that sort of urgency, they could have won.

They played decently. Glad they showed heart. They still suck ass on D, almost as bad as those ACC refs sucked. Michigan deserved to win, but State deserved a chance at it.

I think State will get it together, and at least this is happening now instead of January.

Bowser

Yeah, we needed PJ for this game. Reggie is timid as fuck, AGAIN, and McDonald and Strick blow donkey balls.

Dexter Strickland is the most unintelligent player Carolina has fielded since Mahktar Diaye.

Strange finding myself rooting for Duke and UNC in the same week. The Kentuckiana effect.

edit: I'm now rooting the for the lights to go off again.

DominoKid

Yeah, we needed PJ for this game. Reggie is timid as fuck, AGAIN, and McDonald and Strick blow donkey balls.

Dexter Strickland is the most unintelligent player Carolina has fielded since Mahktar Diaye.

Reggie playing like a bitch. His name hasn't been called all night.

Am I looking at the play-by-play on ESPN.com correctly and seeing that this game was tied 31-31? And now it is 56-37?

Come on, Tar Heels. At least put up a fight. For the league's sake. Big 12 has already won the past few challenges as it is.

Bowser

Gonna be another 30 point drubbing, disgusting. Strickland, McDonald, and Bullock were huge recruiting misses and this freshman class isn't good enough to make up for that veteran void.

Piecake

Been reading Big 10 expansion thread on a UNC forum and its just kinda funny to me that a few of the biggest detractors there do not want to join the Big 10 because UNC is a Southern school, and that they would rather move to the SEC because thats a Southern Conference

I just find it odd that that is really important to some people

Bowser

Been reading Big 10 expansion thread on a UNC forum and its just kinda funny to me that a few of the biggest detractors there do not want to join the Big 10 because UNC is a Southern school, and that they would rather move to the SEC because thats a Southern Conference

Believe it or not, a lot of fans like to travel to away games, and it's a lot fucking harder to travel to games in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, and Wisconsin than it is to travel to Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina, and Vanderbilt.

Piecake

Believe it or not, a lot of fans like to travel to away games, and it's a lot fucking harder to travel to games in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, and Wisconsin than it is to travel to Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina, and Vanderbilt.

I think you misunderstood my point. The posters i was referring to werent talking about travel time or anything like that, they just felt it important to be in a Southern conference because they themselves identified as Southern and wanted to be in a conference that shared their 'values' (im assuming)

I like it when conferences are regional. If I had my way, conferences would be highly contiguous and would furthermore barely overlap with one another. They would also be small.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

You must have been reading Inside Carolina

I'm sorry.

Am I looking at the play-by-play on ESPN.com correctly and seeing that this game was tied 31-31? And now it is 56-37?

Come on, Tar Heels. At least put up a fight. For the league's sake. Big 12 has already won the past few challenges as it is.
Here's how it ends:

ACC wins first 10 years.
B1G wins the next 5, then via realignment shenanigans leaves a smoking crater where the ACC once was. Counts as 5 wins. Series ends in a draw.

Maryland actually won. So depending on how you score it, Big 12 is either up 4-2 or 4-1-1.

Wake Forest got drubbed at home by Nebraska. Fire Jeff Bzzzzzdelik.
The Big12 is 4-2. The Big14 is 4-1-1.

Somewhat misleading, since clearly the Big Ten is just changing the radix as we add teams. Add UVA and UNC and we'll be in hexadecimal!

Bowser

Hey Natural, come join our sinking ship!

ACC presidents and chancellors will participate in a 7 a.m. teleconference Wednesday and then cast votes on the league’s expansion candidates, multiple sources told ACCSports.com, with Louisville the most likely school to receive an invitation.

http://www.accsports.com/blogs/david-glenn/2012112714123/acc-will-vote-on-expansion-wednesday-morning.php

Top Bottom