• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

DominoKid

fuck my school is the laughing stock of the internet today. we fucking blow. it's kinda funny actually since nobody here gives a fuck about the team.

CSX

Dont follow college basketball but my friend linked me to that worst FT of all time. I was on the floor for 10 minutes lmao.

Is that player projected to be a high draft player? Please say no

DominoKid

I thought you went to UNC-CH. App is awesome, let 'em laugh. You still get to be in Boone.

nah im just a UNC fan. Boone is nice. super chill place.
I'm hot/cold on the people which should be obvious based on my posts in other threads.

Dont follow college basketball but my friend linked me to that worst FT of all time. I was on the floor for 10 minutes lmao.

Is that player projected to be a high draft player? Please say no

you have no idea how amusing this is to me.

seriously though, no. tbh im not sure why we even gave him a scholly. i can say that for pretty much our entire roster though.

DominoKid

You guys were good for a couple of years , what happened? I remember you guys being considered for an at-large recently.

Buzz left...again lol.
Capel can't coach. Seeing it in person is a sight to behold. And apparently he can't recruit either.
Donald Sims (our leading scorer ever) graduated after 10/11

My freshman year (Buzz year) was really fun cause we were decent but really entertaining cause we had some ballers. Now we suck AND were boring.

sidenote funfact: rams 2nd rd draft pick Brian Quick was originally recruited to play football and basketball AFAIK. by all accounts he's better at basketball.
here's a vid of him getting his dunk contest on in our rec center.

DominoKid

https://twitter.com/IllianaAAU

so ^^^ that guy is posting some real interesting stuff about crooked dealings, mainly focused on midwest bball.

#Chipocalypse he calls it. seems like its going to be an ongoing thing.

true, false? who knows. i dont doubt it though.
entertaining? you bet your ass it is.

W1SSY

so ^^^ that guy is posting some real interesting stuff about crooked dealings, mainly focused on midwest bball.

For people that don't want to deal with reading through twitter to see the stories I will summarize the two he posted so far.

JaJuan Johnson from Purdue apparently got $20,000 from an agent after his junior year when he declared for the draft. Decided to come back for his Senior year anyways.

Branden Dawson supposedly got paid to attend MSU. The guy says he was at a club drinking and Branden Dawson's mother said they were buying it because they got paid.

In respect to Crean and A-HOPE, if anything existed I am sure it would have been reported on by now. I could be wrong but I am sure after the ESPN story everyone was trying to find stuff and couldn't

DominoKid

he might get to it at some point. it sounds like these are going to be consistent drops.
one of his tweets specifically mentioned that L'Ville fans should start ducking now.
none of this is gonna result in anything though but i like hearing these stories.

i always thought the Crean/A-Hope thing was in the clear even if it is obviously suspect.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Michigan currently has 1 offer out to a Spiece Indy Heat player in Trevon Bluiett and will probably offer another on June 15th in Jalen Coleman.

Dawson is from the same AAU team as Robinson, McGary, Albrecht, and Bielfeldt.

alstein

So yeah the bbonlies talk about splitting off from the Big East is actually getting serious. If so, MSG might be free for a new tournament at the end of year (BIG or ACC or the rumored new catholic super conference).

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...cerns-conference-catholic-schools-sources-say

Maybe those B-Ball only schools could raid the ACC for Duke, Wake, and BC. I can easily see those schools (BC the least likely) dropping football if they get left out of the megaconference future.

KingGondo

Banned
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend because I have a previous obligation that night, but it'll be awesome for Gallagher-Iba to somewhat resemble its former glory for at least one night.

If we win it could really help the program. Ford has had a hard time getting enthusiasm going in his tenure.

Before the game - WTF not televised anywhere? ESPN3.com? Meh.

After the game - Thank you thank you only the diehards saw this one.

As ugly as it was, 11-0 baby. Just keep winning, fuck the style points!

Before the game - WTF not televised anywhere? ESPN3.com? Meh.

After the game - Thank you thank you only the diehards saw this one.

As ugly as it was, 11-0 baby. Just keep winning, fuck the style points!
Hope Tracy and DJ are alright long term, we need all hands on deck.

I'm thinking this is just one of those bright lights teams. Empty gym, they get pushed by any mid-major that walks in the building. Big stage, they run and gun with anybody. Sorta like a guard-heavy version of an Izzo team. Hoping that they can prove it in March!

Jabari Parker set to announce his decision Dec. 20th.

Duke or Michigan State, though I would have crazy respect for him if he chose a different school.

Fjordson

I just find out about this, but tomorrow at 5 pacific Travis Fort Bend (Harrison twins) is playing Archbishop Mitty (Aaron Gordon) on ESPN. Should be interesting to watch.

It's funny, my little cousin has played against Mitty multiple times over the past few years on his high school team. Mitty's like 20 minutes away from where I live.

If he wants his best shot at a national championship, he'll go either Duke or Florida, the latter of which would have a Kentucky-esque #1 class for 2013. I think he goes to MSU based purely on the fact that they don't have a single commit for 2013 as of right now.
Also, he's announcing on 12/20

12/20
IZ/ZO

We're done here, riddle solved!

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...-schools-leaning-leaving-big-east-sources-say

The presidents of the Big East's seven Catholic, non-Football Bowl Subdivision schools are expected to decide on their future in the Big East in the coming days, and it "would be an upset" if they remained in the league, sources told ESPN.

The seven schools -- DePaul, Georgetown, Marquette, Providence, St. John's, Seton Hall and Villanova -- are "close to a consensus on what they want to do next," a source said Wednesday.

Sources said Wednesday it's becoming "more likely" the basketball schools will break away from the league's football members.

Cousteau

Shouldnt join the A10.
Should just form their own basketball only conference
Maybe get a couple more catholic teams to get to 10.

KingGondo

Banned
Wait a minute, you guys don't support your team, and they're good this year?

Wow.
We do, but it has taken a while to overcome the post-Sutton era. A combination of:

- Mediocre at best basketball
- Hour drive each way for most fans
- The dominance and popularity of the Thunder

have all made it hard to fill up a 15,000 seat arena like in the early 2000s.

Hopefully we at least make the tournament this year.

I support the dissolution of the Big East. Sucks for schools like UConn, but it's time for the basketball schools to make their own future instead of having football make it for them.

alstein

We do, but it has taken a while to overcome the post-Sutton era. A combination of:

- Mediocre at best basketball
- Hour drive each way for most fans
- The dominance and popularity of the Thunder

have all made it hard to fill up a 15,000 seat arena like in the early 2000s.

Hopefully we at least make the tournament this year.

I hope, if only to minimize the RPI damage from that Puerto Rico Sendekian egg that my school laid earlier.

You guys are ranked, you should have some confidence that you'll make the tourney.

As for the new Basketball-only "Not Big East"- why not add Davidson and maybe Richmond?

I think they should try to keep the league small enough to do a full home-and-home round robin regular season. So 10 schools, 18 league games is perhaps the maximum. I don't think they should try to do a "national Catholic conference," as some have mentioned in ESPN.com articles. If this thing is going to be about basketball and with as much tradition as possible, keep the league small. Perhaps other schools will follow that lead.

Amory

Sucks for schools like UConn

What the fuck are we supposed to do now? Uconn essentially has no conference. I guess I just stop caring about college sports now?

I mean I hate the idea of government getting involved in things like this, but they seriously need to do something to intervene at this point. It's a fucking joke.

If all you care about is basketball - UConn will be fine in CUSA. That will now be a multibid conference if Cincy/Temple/UConn/Memphis rejoin.

Amory, I feel your pain, I really do. I'd love to turn back the clock 10 years and lock these conferences into place. UConn needs a better home than this, but I completely see the basketball schools' side. The Big East has reached the tipping point.

Amory

Amory, I feel your pain, I really do. I'd love to turn back the clock 10 years and lock these conferences into place. UConn needs a better home than this, but I completely see the basketball schools' side. The Big East has reached the tipping point.

I do too, 100%. The basketball schools are making the right choice for them, and they should. But Connecticut won the 2011 national championship. They made the 2011 Fiesta Bowl. And now we're being forced into irrelevance? Many of my best memories from college were going to big games, and it's still one of my favorite things to do.

There's not gonna be a big east to cling onto, and there's no indication that if the ACC shifts again that we'd even be next in line to get in.

I mean it doesn't piss me off so much as it makes me want to fucking cry.

Top Bottom