• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

GreekWolf

Wow, damn. Gatas did get robbed, but it is what it is. Can't say shit today after the disparity in Cards/Tigers today

I won't even blame the hystericaly lop-sided officiating today. We had our foot on Card throats and then promptly reverted back to And1 ball. Seems to be our M.O. under this current regime. Kudos to Pitino for settling his guys down and gutting it out in the second half. Louisville's a very good team, capable of cutting the nets.

Have to admit, I was highly skeptical of the Pastner hire 4 years ago. He recruits like Calipari but coaches like Matt Doherty. I don't care if he's bringing in a top 3 class next year. If he doesn't win a tournament game this season, he'll be boiled in his own pudding and buried with a stake of holly through his heart.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
img21407130.jpg

W1SSY

I've never been this angry over a loss in all my years as a sports fan.

I guess because I've never been alive when IU's been ranked so high. Hurts, man.

Oh well, it's a long season. This will make us better and I'd rather lose in December than March/April.

Just reading the thread now but this gives Indiana something to look at and improve on. Watford was invisible the whole game and really needs to step up. Hopefully with Elston dressing and Perea eligible we can get them in the mix for the games in which Watford just decides to not show up and at this point that seems like every game so far.

I feel like Crean should have gone to a full court press earlier in the second half. It seemed to give Butler problems and that is what helped Indiana get it into OT.

As Verdell Jones tweeted during the game, Crean is going to have the team working on rebounding a lot this week because Butler was killing them on the offensive boards in the first half.

Luckily the postseason in college basketball isn't ridiculous like football so all Indiana needs to do is get in the tournament and that should be relatively easy to do.

And boom! My connection came up with center court seats in the club level for the game on Saturday.

First game I will have attended this season.

Would have thought it was a duke player.

Edit: I'm looking at this on my phone and is he wearing duke stuff?

If so I'll just, thatsthejoke.jpg myself

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Would have thought it was a duke player.

Edit: I'm looking at this on my phone and is he wearing duke stuff?

If so I'll just, thatsthejoke.jpg myself

What probably fooled you is he clearly established position and she was out of control. I can't expect you plebes to know the difference between a flop and a charge.

Welp, flicked off Cornell like a bug, tomorrow is Elon and hopefully Jabari Parker.

DominoKid

i miss Oliver Purnell. if nothing else Clemson was fun to watch as a neutral and got some great recruits when he was there.

lawl we suck. Texas giving us that work.

DominoKid

No source on the vid. just saw the gif on another forum

I can't wait to go read IC after tonight. I'd love to see what the Roy Williams Can Do No Wrong brigade has to say.
I think I'm ready to see the back of Roy and that's hard for me to say because he brought us back from the brink. Our players do shit they just plain out have no reason to be doing.

DominoKid

I really didn't see us losing this game.

Bad news for Texas fans. Kabongo is iced for the season per Pat Forde (Yahoo). He must've fucked up HARD.
Thanks to Twitter we know about it before him or Barnes.

DominoKid

Kabongo got the Dez Bryant treatment

excerpt

In most impermissible benefits situations, players usually are suspended from three to 10 games and ordered to repay the amount of the benefits received. In this case, the penalty was made more severe because Kabongo provided inaccurate information to NCAA investigators when he was interviewed, sources with ties to Texas' basketball program said.

The season-long ban is consistent with the penalty applied to former Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant in 2009 when he lied to the NCAA.

Fuck fuck fuck fuuuuuuck

total fucking bullshit

The one bright part of our season ( beating UNC ) is immediately washed away by the news of Myck being suspended for the entire season. Fuck the NCAA for leaving the Texas basketball team on edge for almost the entire non-conference schedule before dropping the hammer. In retrospect, we should have played him until the NCAA made a ruling, but we didn't have the guts

Top Bottom