• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

DominoKid

trouble in paradise?

some interesting bits in there...maybe im reading into it too much.

- "I’ve got to do a heck of a lot better job and they’ve got to buy in and we’re just doing some of the silliest things out there that I’ve ever seen." - Roy
Some coaching would help...

- When asked if he agreed with his head coach’s comment about the players needing to buy in, James Michael McAdoo replied, “If he says so, yeah.”
I don't quite like how that sounds but lets keep going.

- “A lot of players just don’t need to worry about individual stats,” Bullock said. “Just go out and commit to this team.”
Uh oh.

trouble in paradise?

some interesting bits in there...maybe im reading into it too much.

- "I’ve got to do a heck of a lot better job and they’ve got to buy in and we’re just doing some of the silliest things out there that I’ve ever seen." - Roy
Some coaching would help...

- When asked if he agreed with his head coach’s comment about the players needing to buy in, James Michael McAdoo replied, “If he says so, yeah.”
I don't quite like how that sounds but lets keep going.

- “A lot of players just don’t need to worry about individual stats,” Bullock said. “Just go out and commit to this team.”
Uh oh.

Sounds like chemistry issues. Again.

alstein

Texas is beating the Tar Heels? For real? Wow.

The ACC is going to be putrid this year- Duke's clearly a top team, and State's going to be a good, fun team to watch (if State could learn to play average defense, their offense is so good they could go really far), not much else in conference.

I'm not even sure the ACC will get 4 teams in the Dance this year at this rate (Duke, State, ????. ????)

enewtabie

UNC will be there. The season doesn't start until the ACC games start.
Although I'm not excited about the team right now. Looks sloppy on the court.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
This could be another 2010 redux for the Heels. That Texas team is ass and normally I'd say even Huckleberry is a better coach than Rick Barnes. But as for last night? LOL @ the holes

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any games left on Duke's schedule in which they will not be favored? Could be a special season for Coach K.

ACC is always tough to predict. Any road game could be a trap. I think NC State, Maryland, Miami or Va Tech could surprise us.

And I guess UNC

I hope we lose at least one game before the NCAA tournament. Too much pressure, otherwise. And K always makes sure his teams learn and improve from losses.

DominoKid

Are there any games left on Duke's schedule in which they will not be favored? Could be a special season for Coach K.

Nope. They'll drop 1 or 2 random games but they should roll the ACC. Only 50/50 game for them is @State. and well...if there's one thing i've learned in life it's never depend on State.

bachikarn

So I guess Parker is deciding in 15 minutes. Thought it was for sure it was between Michigan St and Duke, but there is some chatter on Twitter UF has a good shot too. Don't really believe it, but we'll see soon enough.

Bowser

UNC will be there. The season doesn't start until the ACC games start.
Although I'm not excited about the team right now. Looks sloppy on the court.

I doubt it. Our best (RPI-wise) win so far this season is by 6 vs ECU at home. We only have one more good opponent left in the non-conf schedule, and that's UNLV at home with NFotY candidate Anthony Bennett. I could easily seeing us getting rolled again. We will most likely be 10-4 with no real wins in the non-conf schedule. I can't honestly see us doing much better than between 8-10 wins in the ACC, which would place us somewhere between 18-14 and 20-12 (and we might get swept by State and Duke, the only good ACC teams). If we don't hit 20 wins with at least 1 or 2 of those being State/Duke, I think we're NIT bound.

The ACC is up to 18 games this year. Only the stacked 99 Duke team went 16-0 after they expanded the schedule to 16 after the addition of Florida State. Nobody is going 18-0 in even a down ACC. Duke will lose a road game or three, might drop a couple at home. 14-4 is my pick.

Speaking of picks, nice to see Parker pick Duke. I hope he fits in.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
FUCK WERE SO FUCKED

FUCK FUCK FUCK!

Give wiggins whatever he wants.

What are the chances you can pry him from UF? The pressure is going to build a bit for Roy.

I won't be too smug, I remember how we felt when we lost Barnes to UNC and then how everything after played out.

DominoKid

Pshhh after the Barnes clusterfuck we aint getting any NBA wings.

I'm so mad right now. Were off the radar for at least the next 3 seasons. Maybe more.

Proelite

What are the chances you can pry him from UF? The pressure is going to build a bit for Roy.

I won't be too smug, I remember how we felt when we lost Barnes to UNC and then how everything after played out.

Difference is that we had Singler coming back as a consolation while adding the best recruit ever in Kyrie. They have Bullock?

Hairston is in the game before the first TV timeout. I haven't seen a player that inept on offense since... oh, hasn't been that long. Since Lance Thomas.

Oh, note to Duke. Search Hairston's room for jewelry.

Rodney Hood and Alex Murphy says hi.

I'm more or less commenting on the fact that this position used to be so good for us. Hill, Battier, Deng, down to Maggette and Carrawell.

These guys, they're good players, especially Rodney Hood, but they're not THAT good. Gerald Henderson's the last time that we had real strength at that position.

Hairston is in the game before the first TV timeout. I haven't seen a player that inept on offense since... oh, hasn't been that long. Since Lance Thomas.

Oh, note to Duke. Search Hairston's room for jewelry.

I really don't know what he does. At least Thomas played lockdown D and crashed the boards every night.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm more or less commenting on the fact that this position used to be so good for us. Hill, Battier, Deng, down to Maggette and Carrawell.

These guys, they're good players, especially Rodney Hood, but they're not THAT good. Gerald Henderson's the last time that we had real strength at that position.

I really don't know what he does. At least Thomas played lockdown D and crashed the boards every night.

ehh, Lance was considered a spaz and an offensive liability through his junior year. Josh is actually a better athlete, but like every Duke player before him in the same role always seems to be most surprised when they shoot the ball. At least he doesn't pump fake 18 times.

Gotta give a shoutout to my crew the Zona Wildcats. I'm glad after years of stalling out they have a team that can improve and get better and maybe make a decent run into the tourney. Time will tell.

thefro

Hanner Perea had 10 rebounds in 14 minutes tonight for IU, pretty happy. He's going to be an absolute monster by February.

Braggin' Rights game today! It seems all the national pundits are waiting with bated breath to see us suffer our first loss so they can say "SEE TOLD YOU SO, ILLINI OVERRATED". They might get their wish. I don't think we match up well against Mizzou, still, does losing to a Top 12 team on a neutral site really make us overrated?

alstein

Braggin' Rights game today! It seems all the national pundits are waiting with bated breath to see us suffer our first loss so they can say "SEE TOLD YOU SO, ILLINI OVERRATED". They might get their wish. I don't think we match up well against Mizzou, still, does losing to a Top 12 team on a neutral site really make us overrated?

As long as you don't lose by 20...

I still think you guys are in line for a top-4 seed.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Kick their fucking asses!

W1SSY

Hanner Perea had 10 rebounds in 14 minutes tonight for IU, pretty happy. He's going to be an absolute monster by February.

Just needs to work on his offense or more importantly catching the ball before trying to put someone on a poster. I really cannot wait to see how Perea develops.

Also looks like Hollowell is being held out because the NCAA is investigating for indirect association with an agent.

Nesotenso

not a complete game by the Jayhawks. should have made some of the looks they got and too many second chances for OSU. I hope Traylor and Ellis contribute more significantly as the season proceeds. McLemore is a stud and one of the best talents Self has ever had. Would like to see Andrew White III get more minutes by the time March rolls around

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Typical Mizzou trash.

McClaurin has much better self control than I do. Bowers would be missing a few teeth if that had been me.

Sam gets a T for getting tackled, grabbed, and bumped a 3rd person.

When was the last time Illinois won this inaugural rivalry? Seems like Mizzou has won the last few contests of this series since I've been paying attention.

Top Bottom