• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

Dosia

I thought Colorado got screwed but after seeing the pics the ball was still on his fingers with 0.0 on the clock. Refs were bad all game like always in this shitty conf, but they surprisingly made the right call.

I thought Colorado got screwed but after seeing the pics the ball was still on his fingers with 0.0 on the clock. Refs were bad all game like always in this shitty conf, but they surprisingly made the right call.

Please show me the pics where the ball was still in his hands.

Dosia

ibfO7xRwDI6SIP.gif

cocheny.jpg

None of those show the time...

The red light on the backboard is not whats used to determine, its the time above the basket. Also none of those pics show it in his hand with the red lights on anyway.

The original call was that it counted and the refs should only overturn that decision based on indisputable video evidence. There is nothing indisputable about all the videos I've seen so Colorado got screwed hard and without lube. The PAC 12 should award Colorado the win but they won't have the balls to do it.

Dosia

The red light goes off when the game clock hits 0.0. Clearly the ball is still touching his fingers and hasnt completely left his hand yet.

Dosia

There's a delay sometimes. Referees are supposed to look at the clock and only the clock.

You really think a ref can tell in real time if a shot was off in under 100ms? They went to the review and it was still too close to call so they let the teams decide it in OT. Unfortunate for Colorado, but that is a part of sports. Either way the Cats didnt look good and were lucky to get a win.

Red light was in sync with the clock above the backboard in the same frame from what I saw on the other replay. Still this was too close to not count, in my opinion.

Doesnt matter, refs are not allowed to use the red light, only the clock above the backboard.

TheNatural

My Member!
I'll be damned if Arizona is ranked ahead of us after this shit, and after the San Diego State game. Most overrated team in college basketball.

Dosia

You're a real piece of work to not even be grateful to have come out with a win last night.

Where did I say I wasn't grateful? I just see you whining. We played horrible for the majority of the game, but the team did what it takes to win and fought back. If Colorado didn't choke the game away we wouldn't even be discussing that shot because it wouldn't have mattered. Look the shot was close to being good, but if you look at those pictures it is clearly not considering it didn't fully leave his hands yet.

Arizona is has been playing poorly lately, but they have been clutch as hell to finish out games and that counts for a lot. They will most likely eventually lose (potentially @ Oregon), but they have a lot of time until March to get their shit together and the sky is the limit for them. If this team can put it together for a full game they will be tough to beat on a neutral floor come tourny time. Good luck to your gators the rest of the way, and hopefully we meet again.

jakncoke

Banned
What the shit is this? 11 am game?

edit; lovely start..
edit2; wow this game..
edit3; holy fuck, rutgers is taking a shit on our chest.

jakncoke

Banned
Do you like every western PA college? I thought you were a PSU guy.

I like Penn St football, Pittsburgh basketball. How many times do I need to mention this plebs! And before you or anyone says anything *ZAPTOYOURNECKS*

edit' turnover machine we are

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
lol wut

Are we watching the same game?

Sheed and Mase are struggling, so I'm concerned with the offensive flow when they're off. Kelly, though, has been fantastic. The November comment is a bit of a joke since thats what all the pundits say.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Sheed and Mase are struggling, so I'm concerned with the offensive flow when they're off. Kelly, though, has been fantastic. The November comment is a bit of a joke since thats what all the pundits say.

Mason is only struggling because this has been a guard's game since Wake is packing the inside and letting us rain 3s. His FTs have sucked today, though.

Sheed is getting to the rim, he's just missing easy shots. Off game, maybe he'll improve this half.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
All in all, not a bad game. Cooks stat line of 14 assists but 0-12 shooting is just bizarre.

one true concern is FTs are bad again. 11-22. Mason finishes with 13 and 10 but 3-10 at the stripe. He has to convert those at a better percentage.

This Ohio state team is bad, no one is a threat besides deshaun Thomas.

Teams going to be even worse when deshaun declares and we have no big recruits coming in.

Abrams looked like he hurt his knee. Hopefully minor, or we're boned. (not just for this game, but for the season)

Good first half, though! When the Illini can bring high energy, they look like a damn good team. I still think we'll end up around .500 in B1G play, but the NCAAs should be fun.

Why does everyone assume there will be a lone winner? It will be a 3-way split with each co-champ going 12-6.
Co-champs would be the reasonable bet. I'll say (someone who isn't Indiana) and Michigan co-champs, just because eff Indiana.

Top Bottom