• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

Iowa really should have won that game even though they never led. They missed so many easy shots. Some really dumb turnovers too. Indiana seems to have no dribble penetration. That's gonna come back and haunt them I'm sure.

thefro

Iowa really should have won that game even though they never led. They missed so many easy shots. Some really dumb turnovers too. Indiana seems to have no dribble penetration. That's gonna come back and haunt them I'm sure.

Did you miss Oladipo driving it at will about 5-6 times and Ferrell doing the same thing? Or Sheehey getting in the lane for a mid-range shot at will?

You guys were in a zone after that, hence less dribbling right at the basket. If anything, we lack 3-point shooting depth with Creek dinged up again, Elston coming back from an injury, Watford being in a year-long funk, Hulls being stone cold, etc.

But yeah, we were lucky to escape that one with a win with as bad as Zeller played in the 1st half, Watford getting muscled around, Hulls not able to hit the broad-side of a barn, Crean going to a 2/3 zone when it was a ridiclous idea, etc.

KingGondo

Banned
Really hoping my Pokes can get the win at home against Gonzaga.

We need something to bring the excitement back and give us a real home court advantage going into conference play.

KingGondo

Banned
Came up short. Too bad.

Good effort, but we couldn't stop that big Canadian hippy in the second half. Our lack of size will be a handicap all season.

Did you miss Oladipo driving it at will about 5-6 times and Ferrell doing the same thing? Or Sheehey getting in the lane for a mid-range shot at will?

You guys were in a zone after that, hence less dribbling right at the basket. If anything, we lack 3-point shooting depth with Creek dinged up again, Elston coming back from an injury, Watford being in a year-long funk, Hulls being stone cold, etc.

But yeah, we were lucky to escape that one with a win with as bad as Zeller played in the 1st half, Watford getting muscled around, Hulls not able to hit the broad-side of a barn, Crean going to a 2/3 zone when it was a ridiclous idea, etc.

I didn't know Indiana played Minnesota. News to me. Yeah, I did miss Indiana driving. Guess it wasn't flashy enough if they did do what you say.

jakncoke

Banned
*goes to see next game on schedule and what date it falls on*

Oh Rutgers, hope we beat them

*looks at last game results*

Oh thats the game we lost 62-39....

*.....*

Edit; Malcolm Gilbert transferring. What a chode.

TheNatural

My Member!
Welp down 8-0 to Providence two minutes in. Same shit as last year, team doesn't know how to win, getting lulled to sleep. You figured after getting destroyed by 33 in the most embarrassing loss in the Pitino era they would be pissed. Nope.

jakncoke

Banned
Was looking over the school list on wiki. lol at this schools name that going to be in the Southland University of the Incarnate Word

Was looking over the school list on wiki. lol at this schools name that going to be in the Southland University of the Incarnate Word

Yeah I have a few friends that go there. It's a Catholic school in San Antonio next to Trinity University. I doubt any of their sports programs are ready for DI though.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Welp down 8-0 to Providence two minutes in. Same shit as last year, team doesn't know how to win, getting lulled to sleep. You figured after getting destroyed by 33 in the most embarrassing loss in the Pitino era they would be pissed. Nope.

At least L'ville woke up and destroyed Providence. Duke looks like they'd rather be doing anything than playing basketball. No hustle, no drive, no interest, and this is not a great Davidson team. They are killing Duke on the boards. If they aren't interested in playing, I'll watch the Sugar Bowl instead.

TheNatural

My Member!
Natural please have 100 doom and gloom posts tonight......

I'm not doom and gloom, because I don't expect to win in football. I don't want to get ripped by 20-30 either though.

Basketball tonight, was what I expected. Just wanted them to wake the fuck up, I think Rick slapped them around tonight, and Russ obviously can't sit on the bench for long. If we can get that second tier of players like Price and Ware to give decent minutes and contribute, and Blackshear more consistent, we're unstoppable.

Nebraska is bad at basketball.

Also, this happened tonight.

sam-thompson-dunk.gif

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Well, looks like we're finally waking up. however last years team would hit big runs in the 2nd half and fail to close out the game.

alstein

Just saw the UConn-Marquette mess. Karl Hess ruins games in two conferences- how the hell does he still have a job anywhere outside of prison ball?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Cook has really stepped up this half. Mason and Seth are MIA. I'm thinking they are sick. The team seems lethargic.

Ugh. Going to lose to Purdue again. smh.

Don't know if Paul is hurt or what, but he's been pretty invisible these last couple games. We need him to be great, because otherwise we're basically a bubble team.

Wake up to see Purdue beat Illinois. That didn't take long for the Big Ten to get interesting.
Not really that intersting, tbh. The Illini played the same turdburger of a game they did against Gardner Webb/etc, except this time it was a B1G road game and the refs closed the deal for the underdog.

Speaks more to the Illini not putting away inferior competition (yes, talkin' about you Purdue!) than anything. We need to get that fixed. Oh well, in Groce we trust.

clav

Northwestern is done this year with starters academically out or physically hurt.

No upset tonight for hosting Michigan.

linko9

Here is a good pic

pic.twitter.com/gGEieUES

It was pretty clear watching the replay that he just got it off. And what's ridiculous is that they overturned the original call (I might understand if the original call was that it was no good). As if they could have possibly had enough evidence to overturn it. And that illegal substitution a few minutes earlier. Turrible officiating.

Top Bottom