• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

thefro

Michigan or Indiana

I still think there is a gap between those two and the rest.

I'd agree there, but some of the teams in the Minnesota/MSU/OSU/Illinois tier have much easier schedules than IU & Michigan do. So it could be close even if one team is clearly the best of the bunch due to the unbalanced schedules.

Michigan's schedule is frontloaded with tough road games & Indiana's is backloaded with tough road games, so it'll be interesting to watch it play out.

I'd agree there, but some of the teams in the Minnesota/MSU/OSU/Illinois tier have much easier schedules than IU & Michigan do. So it could be close even if one team is clearly the best of the bunch due to the unbalanced schedules.

Michigan's schedule is frontloaded with tough road games & Indiana's is backloaded with tough road games, so it'll be interesting to watch it play out.

Michigan is lucky they only get to lose to Minnesota once. It works both ways.

Each team only plays once

Minnesota
Michigan, @Ohio State, Penn State, @Purdue

Michigan State
Illinois, @Iowa, NW, @Penn State

Ohio State
Minnesota, @Purdue, Iowa, @Penn State

Illinois
Indiana, @Michigan State, Penn State, @Iowa

Michigan
Iowa, @Minnesota, NW, @Wisconsin

Indiana
Nebraska, @Illinois, Wisconsin, @NW

Dunno about the rest but Indiana is the toughest overall schedule(easiest of the one-gamers).

Let's use a formula I guess. Let's give Michigan and Indiana a 4 ranking. Minnesota, State, State and Ill 3. Iowa, Wisc, Purdue, 2 and the cellar dwellers 1. The people with the lowest total have the harder schedule.

IND 7
MSU 7
OSU 8
MICH 8
MINN 10
ILL 10

So yeah. I think Minnesota is as good as Michigan or Indiana so Michigan and Ohio State would get knocked up a point for only playing them once if you were to put Minnesota in the 4 category. Indiana and MSU have the toughest Big Ten schedules. You could also make the case one of the 2 point teams isn't where they should be and actually in the 3 point category(Iowa is who I'm picking for that group). Michigan, MSU and OSU would all get bumped up another point...so putting both those factors in.

IND 7
MSU 8
Everyone else 10

Knew Gorche would be an amazing fit, Thad has a great success with his assistants.

This teams baaaaad. Hope the begnals dont disappoint me today as well (they will).

KingGondo

Banned
Couldnt watch it but glad K-State beat Oklahoma State. Time to focus on basketball now football is done.
We suck ass on the road. 1-17 in our last 18 in conference.

Getting fed up with Ford. He's just not getting it done.

At least Smart had a great game:

@anthonyVslater: Marcus Smart went for a career-high 25 points (on 7/11 shooting), 5 rebounds, 2 assists and 3 steals in his first career Big 12 game.

No one has ran ohio st out of the gym like this since 06 Florida game.

No one gives a shit, there's no leadership at all. It's pathetic.

bachikarn

Whatever. The proof is in the picture. The game is over, time to move on.

WbYD4.jpg

We suck ass on the road. 1-17 in our last 18 in conference.

wow thats crazy. i was out and checked on the score and k-state was up like like 8 maybe 5 minutes left and then i checked it a few minutes later and it was a 2 point game so i thought things were going your way.

Egwu's turning into a solid player. Really remarkable watching his progression.

No one has ran ohio st out of the gym like this since 06 Florida game.

No one gives a shit, there's no leadership at all. It's pathetic.
I haven't seen a ton of OSU this year, but in general January is when otherwise decent teams spend some time wandering the desert getting embarrassed. The crucial thing is how your guys respond and play the next couple games.

KingGondo

Banned
wow thats crazy. i was out and checked on the score and k-state was up like like 8 maybe 5 minutes left and then i checked it a few minutes later and it was a 2 point game so i thought things were going your way.
I'm so disenchanted with OSU basketball it's crazy.

It used to be a religion at OSU under Sutton, and now we're utterly mediocre and boring.

I almost hope we don't make the tourney so we can make a change in the coaching staff.

Piecake

Wow, what a difference a half makes. That was probably one of the worst offensive halfs ive seen a a while. Second half, gophers lit it up. Austin Hollins was on fire

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
i wonder how Tony Bennett sells this system to recruits.

even when it works, who the fuck would want to play in it?

Do they ever get people anyone else wants?

Normally Bo is competing against Horizon and Mac schools for his recruits. So he can sell the conference and the fact that his system actually works......until this year.

DominoKid

im not too familiar w/ their recruiting.
i know in the last few years we've gotten big time players like Ed Davis, McAdoo, Marshall & Lawson from Virginia.

still though we've never done well @UVA even when we've had NBA talent. but we at least win. probably wont tonight.

DominoKid

Nice senior (citizen) moment from Strickland there. Goddamn I'd pull some scholly's off this team in a heartbeat.

Strickland, McAdoo and McDonald are just fucking pathetic. Absolutely fucking pathetic. I can't wait until they're gone.

Crisco

Banned
The thing about UNC is that they go like 10 deep with legit high major athletes. They should be much better than this. Gotta be some serious chemistry issues behind the scenes to be this shitty.

Bowser

Nice senior (citizen) moment from Strickland there. Goddamn I'd pull some scholly's off this team in a heartbeat.

Strickland, McAdoo and McDonald are just fucking pathetic. Absolutely fucking pathetic. I can't wait until they're gone.

If only Strickland would realize he's not fucking Dwyane Wade...

DominoKid

The thing about UNC is that they go like 10 deep with legit high major athletes. They should be much better than this. Gotta be some serious chemistry issues behind the scenes to be this shitty.

we got plenty of athletes but there's maybe 3 players right today that are actually good at basketball on this team. Bullock, Brice and Hairston. I don't trust the rest to do a goddamn thing. And I don't trust Roy w/o NBA talent. Hell I hardly trust him with NBA talent.

FUCK.

TheNatural

My Member!
Some interesting conference news from a few days ago. Apparently the 'Catholic 7' were offered a huge ass deal by Fox to be on their 'Fox Sports One' (currently Fuel) rebranding and will make twice as much as they do in the Big East currently. And that's counting whatever 5 schools they choose to add to the group.

They met with their legal counsel too and may be trying to get the Big East name, which would make sense, because they ARE the Big East and the football remnants have only been playing since 2005.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Some interesting conference news from a few days ago. Apparently the 'Catholic 7' were offered a huge ass deal by Fox to be on their 'Fox Sports One' (currently Fuel) rebranding and will make twice as much as they do in the Big East currently. And that's counting whatever 5 schools they choose to add to the group.

They met with their legal counsel too and may be trying to get the Big East name, which would make sense, because they ARE the Big East and the football remnants have only been playing since 2005.

Good stuff. The more college basketball on TV the better.

thefro

Would be a real good move for the Catholic 7.

Fox Sports 1 is going to replace Speed, not Fuel, BTW. So it'll be available in a lot of households already.

Good time to have your TV rights up for bid with NBC, CBS, Fox, all trying to compete with ESPN on the sports network front.

TheNatural

My Member!
Maybe I should know the ACC's TV deal since that's what conference we'll be in, but I'm guessing it's ESPN right? I remember some Sunday games were on Fox Sports Net, but I don't know if that's going on still. I hope not, I'm hoping with the Big East dissolving, that ESPN will just take over more ACC games.

Also my tangent rant for the day, damn I'm glad college basketball is around. I love the sport of basketball, yet loathe the NBA with a passion. Every time clicking on ESPN.com or turning on national sports radio, it's a new story about some primadonna wanna be thug NBA player either crying about shots, getting run from a game, and now? Confronting players outside the team bus and getting into fights? Outside of the Xavier-Cincy shit last year, at least the only controversy in the game itself in college is how shitty a Karl Hess, Tim Burr, or Tim Higgins can fuck up a game.

Even though I hate Calipari's guts, at least by flooding the NBA with generic unrefined talent he's slowly killing it, that's a positive. Big Lots will be the future home of many a John Wall, Marquis Teague, and Brandon Knight jersey.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Maybe I should know the ACC's TV deal since that's what conference we'll be in, but I'm guessing it's ESPN right? I remember some Sunday games were on Fox Sports Net, but I don't know if that's going on still. I hope not, I'm hoping with the Big East dissolving, that ESPN will just take over more ACC games.

Also my tangent rant for the day, damn I'm glad college basketball is around. I love the sport of basketball, yet loathe the NBA with a passion. Every time clicking on ESPN.com or turning on national sports radio, it's a new story about some primadonna wanna be thug NBA player either crying about shots, getting run from a game, and now? Confronting players outside the team bus and getting into fights? Outside of the Xavier-Cincy shit last year, at least the only controversy in the game itself in college is how shitty a Karl Hess, Tim Burr, or Tim Higgins can fuck up a game.

Even though I hate Calipari's guts, at least by flooding the NBA with generic unrefined talent he's slowly killing it, that's a positive. Big Lots will be the future home of many a John Wall, Marquis Teague, and Brandon Knight jersey.

To be fair to Cal, he is only supplying what NBA GMs want. Easily manipulated kids high on potential and no true minor league system to develope them. Your average 1st rounder that isn't a superstar will be chewed up and spit out in 3 years.

Top Bottom