• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

TheNatural

My Member!
you'd think if they weren't selling bad then they'd still be making them...

i'd buy a college game if they played as well as NBA 2K but they were usually way too arcadey for my liking.

You could say the same for NBA Live, but that stopped as well and it wasn't doing bad. It wasn't Madden or anything, but it garnered enough support for there to be versions of it.

Crisco

Banned
It's also hard to have defensive intensity when it's called a foul half the time, and when you don't have any depth. I don't want to see Lewis/Vandenburg/and a walk-on on the court during crunch time because 4 guys have fouled out. ACC refs are notoriously whistle-happy, especially when you're not one of their favorites.

True. Our tendency to kind of coast defensively for a half and then turn it on midway through the second half is happening too often for it to be coincidence. You gotta figure Gott is coaching them to take it easy early to minimize foul trouble. Losing Painter really hurt us. One more capable body along the front court would have made all the difference in the world.

DominoKid

You could say the same for NBA Live, but that stopped as well and it wasn't doing bad. It wasn't Madden or anything, but it garnered enough support for there to be versions of it.

the switchover from Live to Elite and the Jesus Bynum glitch killed the series.
it's hilarious how bad EA dropped the ball on Live considering all their other sports games were vastly improved this gen.
add the rise of 2K and now EA basically can't put a game out right now. if they're smart they'll focus on relaunching next gen. they lost this gen. bad.

Back from the bar. Minnesota kicked some serious butt. Caught the last 12 minutes of Michigan/Nebraska game. If Nebraska made any hustle plays in that game they win. Fucking most unathletic team ever. No ball awareness whatsoever. Michigan's offense is pretty erratic. Seemed like all they did was hoist 3's. Then I saw Illinois do the same thing X 10. Michigan didn't look so bad then.

It wasn't pretty, but Michigan still scored 1.09 PPP in a very low possession game (57). They are still number 1 in the country in KenPom's adjusted offensive efficiency @ 122.7 (points per 100 possessions).

Although, I do think if they would have been playing anyone other than Nebraska or Penn State that they would have been in trouble. Nebraska never stood a chance though, minimum win percentage during the game for Michigan was 97.7%.

On another tangent, only 36.5% of Michigan FG attempts are 3s which is down from last year (44.2% -- #8 in the nation). This is probably because Michigan is 1st in the country in 2PT FG% at 57.4% (still 13th in 3PT FG%, Illinois is 118th).

PS, I love KenPom.

TheNatural

My Member!
the switchover from Live to Elite and the Jesus Bynum glitch killed the series.
it's hilarious how bad EA dropped the ball on Live considering all their other sports games were vastly improved this gen.
add the rise of 2K and now EA basically can't put a game out right now. if they're smart they'll focus on relaunching next gen.

A lot of red blood in the water from this generation lasting so long. So shit that isn't bad, but isn't Madden, gets chopped and we get a lot of tired retreads over and over. NCAA, Live, Fight Night, just a lot of shit that has been cut and they won't reinvest in this late in the life. It sure is really tired.

you'd think if they weren't selling bad then they'd still be making them...

i'd buy a college game if they played as well as NBA 2K but they were usually way too arcadey for my liking.

I think the sales weren't big enough to counter the legal risk that's hanging out there until the Ed O'Bannon lawsuit gets dealt with.

DominoKid

if we blow this game, i'm cashing out on this season.

mcdonald is out but it's not like he ever plays well vs good competition so more time for PJ.

Crisco

Banned
This would seem like the perfect game to try a small lineup with Bullock at the 4. I think that's the only way this UNC team can be successful.

Crisco

Banned
Brice Johnson seems like a good basketball player. I see myself wishing horrible things to happen to him in the coming years.

DominoKid

yeah brice is really good. Roy holding him back though for "defense"

bullock has no vert lmao but he can shoot the lights out. 49% from 3.

Easily the best of the current UNC bunch. Tokoto mightbe a breakthorugh player later but the lot of them are garbage. The sooner UNC gets rid of Strickland and McDonald the better.

CANT WAIT

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Brice Johnson seems like a good basketball player. I see myself wishing horrible things to happen to him in the coming years.

Easily the best of the current UNC bunch. Tokoto mightbe a breakthorugh player later but the lot of them are garbage. The sooner UNC gets rid of Strickland and McDonald the better.

Crisco

Banned
Yeah, I don't get it, he should be getting 30+ minutes a game. Their defense is shit anyway, and he rebounds well and can actually score in the paint.

DominoKid

Yeah, I don't get it, he should be getting 30+ minutes a game. Their defense is shit anyway, and he rebounds well and can actually score in the paint.

How many games have you won as a head coach! Where are your conference, tournament and NCAA championships! How dare you question Roy! Something something little pinky.

-_-

Crisco

Banned
Haha I generally roll my eyes at Heels fan when they start criticizing Roy, but it actually seems warranted this year. He just doesn't have the horses to run his system yet is stubbornly insistent on doing it anyway. On top of that, he's playing the wrong guys. Dude is an amazing coach when he has the right guys, but I feel like almost any other coach in the country would do better with this current group.

Is Roy still cursed from ejecting that visiting fan from the Dean Dome for cheering for his team?

Haha I generally roll my eyes at Heels fan when they start criticizing Roy, but it actually seems warranted this year. He just doesn't have the horses to run his system yet is stubbornly insistent on doing it anyway. On top of that, he's playing the wrong guys. Dude is an amazing coach when he has the right guys, but I feel like almost any other coach in the country would do better with this current group.

I dunno, it seems like Roy has habit of doing less with more.

DominoKid

You won't find many logical UNC fans that think Roy is good at coaching. When he has the right players he can basically put his feet up because the team takes care of itself.
Of all the elite teams we are the most predictable and easiest to game plan for because there's never anything different.
He used to be a hell of a recruiter too but he's fallen off there.

alstein

True. Our tendency to kind of coast defensively for a half and then turn it on midway through the second half is happening too often for it to be coincidence. You gotta figure Gott is coaching them to take it easy early to minimize foul trouble. Losing Painter really hurt us. One more capable body along the front court would have made all the difference in the world.

If only Vandenburg would have been something more than a Big South calibre 7 foot goof.

DominoKid

i2PNvnlyRO6ar.png

that is not an error.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
now, I never really watch basketball, but it seems that Bobby Knight has no idea what the shot clock is.

That can't be right.

bluemax

Banned
Tangent rant of the day: why the fuck won't anyone make an NCAA Basketball game anymore? Hopefully when next gen returns, they make a comeback, but wow. It's been what, 3 or 4 years now? And they never sold badly.

They cost too much and sold too poorly. There's not a big enough market for them.

NewLib

Banned
Kentucky is going to be a 10 or 11 seed at best if not NIT. Team almost lost to a terrible Vandy team. I can't understand how scouts think Goodwin and Polythress will be good NBA players

Top Bottom