• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

Avinexus

God Curry is such a fucking Paul Pierce faking mother fucker. He's going to come right back into the game and hit a 3 after that dive.
Didn't look like a dive to me. The replay looked like he slipped and maybe twisted his ankle. Of course, I'm watching a super low quality stream.

alstein

Didn't look like a dive to me. The replay looked like he slipped and maybe twisted his ankle. Of course, I'm watching a super low quality stream.

Yeah, that wasn't a flop. Haven't seen that many flops from Duke today- just one in the 1st half that ended up a no-call.

Crisco

Banned
Yeah, I take that back. It's just my natural reaction to a Duke player hitting the ground. It's what they are trained to do.

Crisco

Banned
They're gonna rush the court, aren't they?

Would I rush the court? No, but I'm 28. If I'm a freshman or sophomore in the house after beating the #1 team in the nation who also happens to be a hated rival, I would rip the fucking floor boards out.

TheNatural

My Member!
And then there was one. Michigan, you're next.

Then Monday we can be #1 in the country. Who am I kidding, they'll probably vote IU over us.

alstein

Would I rush the court? No, but I'm 28. If I'm a freshman or sophomore in the house after beating the #1 team in the nation who also happens to be a hated rival, I would rip the fucking floor boards out.

I got to rush the field when I was there. Cops ended up pepper spraying a bunch of us. I got out before things got to that point. Still one of my better memories.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member

You were picked preseason to win the ACC and you're ranked. Ranked teams shouldn't ever rush the court.

Anyway, Mason disappearing in the second half hurt us. Quinn had an OK game. State's bigs played like monsters, hats off to them. And y'all took care of the game at the line, too.

Still proud of our bench guys. I wanted to see more Murphy and Marshall. We need to figure out how to play D better without Kelly.

I hope Seth is OK.

edit: Yikes, Sheed went 0-10 and we fouled 20 to State's 13, that didn't help us either >_<

Sounds like Big Ten refs are hosing Minnesota. No foul calls on Zeller yet our radio announcers are goin nuts...at least 5 hacks on Mbakwe this half most by Zeller. Plus calling blocks on Trevor when its a charge. Pathetic.

W1SSY

Sounds like Big Ten refs are hosing Minnesota. No foul calls on Zeller yet our radio announcers are goin nuts...at least 5 hacks on Mbakwe this half most by Zeller. Plus calling blocks on Trevor when its a charge. Pathetic.

I have been watching the game and Zeller has played clean. Sounds like the announcers are seeing things.

Crisco

Banned
You were picked preseason to win the ACC and you're ranked. Ranked teams shouldn't ever rush the court.

Anyway, Mason disappearing in the second half hurt us. Quinn had an OK game. State's bigs played like monsters, hats off to them. And y'all took care of the game at the line, too.

Still proud of our bench guys. I wanted to see more Murphy and Marshall. We need to figure out how to play D better without Kelly.

I hope Seth is OK.

Like I said, I'm not blaming college kids for rushing in that situation. You're only there for 4 years and who knows when you'll have another chance.

That was a really well played game all around. The refs let the kids play and the game was better served for it. We were fortunate that Duke was missing lots of wide open 3s in the first half and that we didn't get blown out when we were getting killed on the boards. The second half was all Richard Howell and CJ Leslie. Dominant performance by those two.

TheNatural

My Member!

I really hate this line of thinking. Almost all college students rush the court in a big time matchup when they're the dog, I get sick of hearing people lecture every year about how it's "above" them to do so.

So I've been watching this season off on and have no idea whats going on. What teams are suppose to be fun to watch, or which teams are suppose to be heading to the biggest bowl game (apologizes if the term bowl game is reserved for football)?

Radio is wrong again I remember the shot and he had his foot on the line just barely. Ref was all over it.

Hulls missing two free throws, wow.

What about the charge on Mbakwe where the guy made 1 of 2 FTs with 5 minutes left? Refs got that right too? I think you're an Indiana fan.

KingKong

wow Minnesota is really impressive. I can't imagine them dropping a lot in ranking since they did beat up Illinois on the road and almost came back here

Wow, pretty intense game. Refs were shitty for us, but they also had some crappy calls for Indiana too so I can't complain too much about that. Dang Joe Coleman had one job to box out on those two missed free throws at the end and he lets that little guy slip by him, can't believe it.. Big Ten certainly is going to be fun this year.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I really hate this line of thinking. Almost all college students rush the court in a big time matchup when they're the dog, I get sick of hearing people lecture every year about how it's "above" them to do so.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I know I'm certainly not the only one who feels the way I do. K tells the students every year that the only time he condones rushing the court is if you've just won a championship.

Rushing the court is becoming far too common in NCAA basketball. It's not something any college student should "expect" to get to at least once during his/her 4 years at school.

thefro

Geez, IU's going to need Perea & Hollowell to step up in the Barn. IU was gassed there by the end. Gophers are a tough team.

TheNatural

My Member!
Wow, IU almost blew a huge ass lead.

If anyone votes them over us in the polls this week, they should have their vote revoked permanently.

DominoKid

errrrr... thought the state duke game was at night lol. i didnt even see it.

surprised they won, not surprised they rushed the court. biggest win for them since Atsur floor general'd us to death in the Red Pimp Suit's first season IIRC.

Top Bottom