• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

iamblades

But IU had been a non factor for almost a decade and their rivalry vs your Cats was pretty one sided. Nobody knew they were top 25 caliber until that win.

I understand the reasoning and justifications, but there are no excuses for that kind of behavior if you want to be considered elite.

Crisco

Banned
N.C.-State-Wheelchair.gif

"Derek Medlin@DerekMedlin
On the phone with Will Privette (wheelchair kid). He says he is OK, but his wheelchair is a "little broken."

Derek Medlin@DerekMedlin
Privette said the decision to rush (roll) the court was the "dumbest thing I've done in college, but so worth it."

Go ahead and tell that kid he shouldn't have rushed the court! (Ok, he probably shouldn't have)

TheNatural

My Member!
^^ Court rushing is stupid, it's just you admitting you aren't as good as the team you beat. It's an instant DQ for being considered an elite program IMO. Same thing with overrated chants and stuff.

NC state is an edge case. On the one hand, Duke is clearly a more successful program, on the other, NC state is always complaining about not being considered an equal with UNC and Duke.

The Indiana court rushing was an all time pathetic display though. Programs with 5 titles shouldn't be rushing the court against anyone. Although a couple years ago they stormed the court after a win against fucking unranked Minnesota of all teams. That's just embarrassing.

Spoken like the typical arrogant, entitled UK fan. Yeah, I sincerely doubt the thing crossing NC State fans minds are "we're not as good as Duke, lets rush the floor!" No, they were excited to have a good team knock off the #1 team.

And for IU, that was their turning point from being complete shit for years after the Samson debacle and destruction of their entire roster. They were running out the equivalent of a Division II team in Crean's first season. As it turns out, most coaches aren't butt buddies with William Wesley and have him "recruit" talent to fill their roster year one, and have to actually build for it. So yeah, completely understandable they were excited, because their program finally got going again, and they're in the top 5 the following year.

Cut the arrogance shit, seriously.

Well, that was an unexpected ass-kicking. Expected a loss, but not by 20+.

Oh well. At least Mike Shaw got some minutes, that could be useful down the stretch.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Just got back from UNM beating down Fresneck State. Kendall Williams sat the entire game after being late for something. Kid needs to pull his head out of his backside. Lobos need him out there.

^^ Court rushing is stupid, it's just you admitting you aren't as good as the team you beat. It's an instant DQ for being considered an elite program IMO. Same thing with overrated chants and stuff.

NC state is an edge case. On the one hand, Duke is clearly a more successful program, on the other, NC state is always complaining about not being considered an equal with UNC and Duke.

The Indiana court rushing was an all time pathetic display though. Programs with 5 titles shouldn't be rushing the court against anyone. Although a couple years ago they stormed the court after a win against fucking unranked Minnesota of all teams. That's just embarrassing.

Ugh I hate people who think like this. How dare these college kids not have fun after their team just won a big game. Rush the court, field, ice whenever the fuck you want against who you want is I say.

thefro

It's okay to rush the court when:
- You hit a last second shot to beat a top 5 ranked team
- You hit a last second shot to beat your "rival", who's the favorite in the game over you
- You suck and this is your first win over a Top 25 team in eons.
- You really suck and can't win a conference game, but finally win one on a last second shot

The NC State court rush is questionable.

Fjordson

Yeah, I can't get mad at kids for rushing the court. All in good fun.

Even when Indiana beat us last year and I was pissed off after the Watford shot went in I didn't have any issue with them doing it.

TheNatural

My Member!
Why does CBS/Big Ten set a game like Michigan @ Ohio State head to head with the NFL playoffs?

And some wonder why college basketball's popularity can't go higher, making sure no one will watch a marquee matchup is a good way to do so. There were no games on network TV at 1 or 2 yesterday.

TheNatural

My Member!
I doubt it. Kentucky should still beat most teams in the SEC. They'll escape with a good record, I think.

This is true. Tubby's last year and Gillespie's first year they beat absolutely no one and had horrible losses and still got in because of a good SEC record. It needs to stop being treated as a top conference. At least when the Catholic 7 conference forms, it will drop down to the 7th best conference.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The defense is pathetic. I don't know if the refs are letting us play the kind of D they are allowing OSU to play or not because we aren't even trying to be physical.

Right now might be the first time we're missing Novak this season. Need him to start screaming at people.

UraMallas

Texas tomorrow for us at home. If we can play like we did at Kansas I think we'll be fine.
Hung 82 on them. Texas is definitely in a down year but the way we played Kansas to the buzzer and dominated Texas I'm hopeful for the rest of the season. We've got 4 games that we should be able to win so this next stretch will be important. Have to win them all before we go to K State.

If we keep playing like we have been I am not worried. Clones are firing on all cylinders right now. Niang is a true talent. Bright future with him.

Top Bottom