• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

Only in Rupp call right there.

The elbow contact? I guess I'm rule guy now:

In summary, contact with an elbow that occurs above the shoulders of an opponent when the elbows are not swung excessively per 4-36.7.a is a flagrant 1 personal foul and results in two free throws and the ball awarded to the offended team. (2010-2011 rule change)

A coach may request a monitor review to determine if any of the fouls in 2-13.2.d.1 occurred. When no such foul is assessed, a timeout shall be charged to that team

Only in Rupp.

lush

Oh I heard them state the rule thanks. Cute stuff. Big momentum swing that flagrant, Tennessee was clutching their ankles the rest of the half. Here's hoping Tony Greene breaks his leg during the half.

Silkworm

Oh I heard them state the rule thanks. Cute stuff. Big momentum swing that flagrant, Tennessee was clutching their ankles the rest of the half. Here's hoping Tony Greene breaks his leg during the half.

Tennessee is still only down by 3 at the half so they can still recover.

I'm worried about the upcoming UF vs. Texas A&M game, esp in light of what A&M was able to do to UK. With Prather out w/ a high ankel sprain and Wilbekin, Murphy, Yeguete, and Rosario all less than 100% I'm worried they might struggle in this road game. Hopefully they can gut out a win and not have anyone else get injured since they'll have to be back at it on Saturday against another tough opponent in Missouri (dang these Thurs-Sat games).

lush

Put Stokes back in now, get Golden out. We can still win this, even getting raped by the refs. Cuonzo needs to grow a pair and help out his players with the refs though.

edit: Took the refs 20 seconds to manufacture some bullshit foul to get Stokes out of the game. GG.

jjasper

Cuonzo has never gotten a tech? I realize that riding the refs only rarely works to get calls, especially on the road, but sometimes you got to do it to let your team know you are fighting for them.

jayhawker

I don't understand why you vols are upset. Tennessee plays a very physical brand of basketball. You're going to get whistled more often than most other teams, especially on the road. That's just part of playing physical basketball.

lush

I don't understand why you vols are upset. Tennessee plays a very physical brand of basketball. You're going to get whistled more often than most other teams, especially on the road. That's just part of playing physical basketball.

You watched the whole game? Refs did a good job evening it up the past <10 minutes.

Golden has absolutely killed us the last few games, Martin needs to let him heal up.

jayhawker

Yep, watched the whole game. Kansas got called for that same flagrant last night, even though the offensive player was clearly trying to not hit the defender and the defender was clearly leaning in trying to get hit. The rule is the rule, and it was a good call.

I watch Tennessee basketball when I can because I'm a fan of Cuonzo, fwiw.

Edit: Wiltjer tired of people making fun of him.

jjasper

I didn't have a problem with the flagrant nor really with any of the calls on us except for the last two on Stokes which were BS. But the game wasn't called evenly a large majority of the time which happens all the time on the road and especially at Rupp so yeah I really don't think it is worth getting all upset about.

Anyway the season has been in the shitter since Maymon hasn't played, oh well it is what it is but looks like they could be pretty good next year.

Edit: LOL this team is such a tease sometimes

Don't try to reason with them. Elbows to the face are considered home cooking.

Speaking of that&#8230; just had another one of those "Only in Rupp" calls in favor of UT.

lush

Don't try to reason with them. Elbows to the face are considered home cooking.

Speaking of that&#8230; just had another one of those "Only in Rupp" calls in favor of UT.

Adorable. The game started off 16-0 on free throws and 18-4 on fouls. If you couldn't see the homecooking then I don't know what to tell you. The refs evened it up in the 2nd half and Tennessee had their chance and didn't do anything. Something is seriously wrong with Golden and it needs to be sorted out immediately. Just another bad night from Stokes, just a different player without Maymon. Mcrae continues to be a beast, he's pretty much all we have at this point.

But yeah, sucks, that was a very winnable game and that's probably the worst team UK will have for a long time.

thefro

I hate that jackass Bo Ryan so much. Horrible fucking officiating.

Really sick of Crean getting outcoached too... fire his ass and bring in Stevens already.

Impressive road win for Wiscy. Really thought Indiana had a good chance of overwhelming them mid-way through the 2nd half.

Tom didn't break stride, lol.

Silkworm

Man Wisconsin has really improved since UF played them. I guess the UF game where the Gators laid the wood to Wisconsin helped wake up the Badgers and made them more focused going into Big 10 play. Glad UF played them earlier and not now :-D

Agreed, if he's not hitting his shot he needs to be warming the bench.

Especially because his defense is horrid. Would much rather have Remy out there in his place.

Oh well. The B1G is a grind. It's just concerning that we've played three terrible halfs of basketball in a row going back to the 2nd of TBD Minnesota game.

Did you graduate from IU?

eznark

Banned
WHEN YOU DAY WIIIIIIIIISCONSIN
YOU'VE SAID IT ALLLLLLL

lol Loosiers. I think there were like 5 other Badger fans at the game. I had player tickets and there was still no other Badger fans.

Bo Ryan is a God. Get fucked Crean.

The B1G is a grind but IU have had the easiest opening schedule. After finishing out the breather part of your conference schedule against NW and PSU in the next 2 games you'll have this string

Jan 27 vs #18 MSU
Jan 30 @ PUR
Feb 2 vs #5 MICH
Feb 7 @ #23 ILL
Feb 10 @ #11 OSU

And check out your last 5 conf games

Feb 19 @ #18 MSU
Feb 26 @ #9 MINN
Mar 2 vs IOWA
Mar 5 vs #11 OSU
Mar 10 @ #5 MICH

You guys are fucked.

I haven't been able to watch much of Ohio State or Indiana this year as I go into rage fits when commentators go on about "floor generals" and other fine racial code words when heaping praise upon white point guards.

thefro

I haven't been able to watch much of Ohio State or Indiana this year as I go into rage fits when commentators go on about "floor generals" and other fine racial code words when heaping praise upon white point guards.

This cat's our starting PG this year

Hulls usually plays shooting guard this year, maybe PG for 10 min a game.

This cat's our starting PG this year

Hulls usually plays shooting guard this year, maybe PG for 10 min a game.

Fair point. Haven't watched a full Indiana game this season. Of the two I listed, the Craft narrative is the one that seems strongest. The TV guys sure don't want us to forget how smart he is, being a coaches son and all.

I'd kill for a subscription service of just live game footage without commentators.

Fair point. Haven't watched a full Indiana game this season. Of the two I listed, the Craft narrative is the one that seems strongest. The TV guys sure don't want us to forget how smart he is, being a coaches son and all.

I'd kill for a subscription service of just live game footage without commentators.

They havent said much about craft all this year as hes been pretty garbage on the offensive side.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
WHEN YOU DAY WIIIIIIIIISCONSIN
YOU'VE SAID IT ALLLLLLL

lol Loosiers. I think there were like 5 other Badger fans at the game. I had player tickets and there was still no other Badger fans.

Bo Ryan is a God. Get fucked Crean.

I'm surprised you won and it wasn't at Kohl. The Badgers tend to shit the bed on the road.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323596204578241900883447458.html

I knew that losing on the road usually has meant the opposing team storms the court against us, but 80.6% of the time? Damn.

I LOL'd the hardest at the 2005 UNC team (ranked #2 at the time to our #6...yes they rushed even though they were ranked above us and favored) and anyone in 2006-2007 (we were AWFUL that year).

Looking forward to the State-Maryland game tonight. NC State has a habit of losing the game immediately following a win against us (something like 7 out of the last 8 times or something), but they should win. Maryland has been looking really soft.

Crisco

Banned
Wisconsin is just one of those teams that's tough to run into during the regular season slog because of how unique (read: boring) their play style is. Has Bo actually reached a final four yet?

dmag1223

Wisconsin is just one of those teams that's tough to run into during the regular season slog because of how unique (read: boring) their play style is. Has Bo actually reached a final four yet?

Yep, all the way back in 2000. I believe they were an 8 seed that year.

devilhawk

Top Bottom