• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

linko9

One of the best and most amazing endings to a game I've ever seen. Incredible. Great end to a great day of bassetball.

TheNatural

My Member!
Sucks we lost both our games against marqee opponents off of like three turnovers to fast breaks.

At least we improve in February more than any team in the country basically. Siva and Dieng need to go find some pine tar or some shit for those drops and bobbles, so frustrating to lose on stupid shit like that.

scoobs

i just wanna say that that was awesome. And that gonzaga kid that inbounded the pass must feel like a total fucking failure.

Fjordson

i just wanna say that that was awesome. And that gonzaga kid that inbounded the pass must feel like a total fucking failure.
Pretty sure that was John Stockton's son who was passing it in. Weirdly ironic for him to be the one to lose the game with a bad pass :lol

I'm not sure how they messed that up. Olynyk is 7 feet tall and the dude that stole it from him looked like he was maybe 6-5. Need to be able to get that shit in.

Either way, fun game to watch. Two damned good teams right there.

DominoKid

lots of good high school games on today and tomorrow. all on espn family.

Sunday
No. 11 St. Benedict's (N.J.) vs. Montrose Christian (Md.) - 2pm
- #28 Ishmail Wainright SF (2013)

New Hampton Prep (N.H.) vs. No. 5 Huntington Prep (W.Va.) - 5pm
- #1 Andrew Wiggins SF (2013)

Monday

No. 3 Lone Peak (Utah) vs. Archbishop Mitty (Calif.) - 12pm
- #7 Aaron Gordon PF (2013)

No. 13 Oak Hill (Va.) vs. No. 14 Simeon (Ill.) - 2pm
- #2 Jabari Parker SF/PF (2013)
- #33 Troy Williams SF (2013)
- #52 Nate Britt PG (2013)

No. 1 Montverde (Fla.) vs. No. 2 Findlay Prep (Nev.) - 4pm
- #9 Kasey Hill PG (2013)
- #12 Dakari Johnson C (2013)
- #13 D'Angelo Russell SG (2014)

DeMatha (Md.) vs. Hudson Catholic (N.J.) - 6pm
- #32 BeeJay Anya C (2013)

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Nobody I give a shit about. Though it is nice to see Kasey Hill tear people up since I know he's already been dominated by Michigan commit Derrick Walton.

DominoKid

nike hoop summit 2013 roster is too sick
igCoPKR446c0l.png

thefro

Welp I expect every team to play 1-3-1 against us in future games. We were clueless on how to handle it

Dat Crean coaching... now Crean's going to be distracted as hell for the next 2 weeks with the 49ers making the Super Bowl since his brother-in-law is John Harbaugh.

Crisco

Banned
NCAA needs to drop the shot clock to 30 seconds or lower. Half the ACC is playing this big 10 boreball bullshit. Forget one and dones, it's that crap play style that's ruining college basketball.

chris121580

I hate it too. Northwestern drove me nuts with it today. It's one thing if you're good and want to play that style but when you suck, stop wasting so much clock that results in awful shots

DominoKid

damn Jabari Parker is good.

Roy need to give Wiggins whatever he wants.

i'm not so mad anymore about not getting Troy Williams. he's an athlete, but he doesn't do much well. we don't need more of those.

Polls are out.

USA Today
1) Duke (20)
2) Kansas (8)
3) Michigan (1)
4) Syracuse (2)
5) Louisville

AP
1) Duke (39)
2) Michigan (11)
3) Kansas (7)
4) Syracuse (8)
5) Louisville

ESPN Power Rankings
1) Michigan
2) Kansas
3) Syracuse
4) Duke
5) Florida

DominoKid

ready Mizzou fans?

The NCAA is expected to release a notice of allegations as early as this week regarding the Miami investigation. A source close to the situation told CBSSports.com that former Hurricanes and current Missouri basketball coach Frank Haith is expected to be charged with unethical conduct and failure to promote an atmosphere of compliance.

Haith's unethical conduct could result in a multiple-year show-cause penalty. Former Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl received a three-year show-cause penalty after being charged with unethical conduct back in 2011 when he initially wasn't forthcoming about hosting recruits at his home on unofficial visits -- which is against NCAA rules

The source told CBSSports.com that the NCAA was unable to prove the allegation from Miami booster Nevin Shapiro that Haith or anyone on his staff paid $10,000 to a family member of former player DeQuan Jones. However, Haith will be charged with unethical conduct because the NCAA did not believe his story that payments to his assistants intended for camp money did not wind up going to repay Shapiro, who made the allegations to Yahoo Sports back in August of 2011. A source said that the money was delivered to Shapiro's mother -- who verified the payment to the NCAA.

Haith will also be charged with a failure to promote an atmosphere of compliance due to impermissible airline travel that was given to the family of two players from a member of his staff and also the interaction between Shapiro and players while on visits.

The source also said the three assistants previously on Haith's staff -- Jake Morton, Jorge Fernandez and Michael Schwartz -- each will receive unethical conduct charges. Morton is currently at Western Kentucky, Fernandez left Marshall after last season and Schwartz is on the Fresno State staff.

Those involved in the case will have up to 90 days to respond in writing before a hearing in front of the Committee on Infractions, which likely will be held in mid-June. A decision on the penalties will be handed down to Haith, his staff and those involved in the football aspect of the investigation anywhere from 4-6 months after the hearing. The notice of allegations was expected to be released as early as Tuesday, but a source told CBSSports.com that it could be withheld for another week or two possibly because of procedural questions.

"With everything that's happened recently with the Shabazz Muhammad case, the Todd McNair case in football, the governor of Pennsylvania suing the NCAA and the NCAA firing a lead investigator in this case, they want to make sure on this one," the source said. "

DarkFlow

Banned
Polls are out.

USA Today
1) Duke (20)
2) Kansas (8)
3) Michigan (1)
4) Syracuse (2)
5) Louisville

AP
1) Duke (39)
2) Michigan (11)
3) Kansas (7)
4) Syracuse (8)
5) Louisville

ESPN Power Rankings
1) Michigan
2) Kansas
3) Syracuse
4) Duke
5) Florida

Arizona should be 5 ahead of Louisville, you lose you need to take a dive more then 4 spots.

dagZ

thank god. today's game showed why we need james southerland. Cincy was lighting up from 3 pt range. We needed a counter with southerland.

Top Bottom