• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

Bowser

Looks like Michigan's old Nike jerseys from the Ellerbee years.

01averyqueen.jpg

Looks like our 99-00 jerseys except with the logo being in navy:

Peppers;.aspx

Nike design be cyclical. I don't think the mockups look bad, curious to see how they look live.

Nike's weird fetish of getting MSU in bronze continues.

6j95gMB.jpg

The MSU ones look nice IMO. The reason I hate the UNC ones is because they're just a rehash of our terrible 99-00 unis (see above). I wish they would have went with something original such as the Ram:

Tarheels.gif

or the NC center court design:

8657.png

Bowser

lol trouble in paradise for the Fack?

Former NCSU player:
Thomas De Thaey @de_thaeyGOPACK
That's what happens when you're a great recruiter, but a terrible coach!

The above was retweeted by TJ Warren, followed by:

Pack Pride @PackPride
He should be. Play defense. RT @goREDandWHITE: @JamesCurle I'm concerned. Why did TJ Warren RT it? Will he be penalized for that?

TJ Warren @T24Warren
@PackPride Lol

edit:

Thomas De Thaey ‏ @de_thaeyGOPACK
Y'all mad at me now because I'm just telling you guys the truth...LOL! That's what happens when you're blind to the facts!

lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
a wild Alabama fan appears!

LOL @ NCSU. Fucking Wake Forest? LOLOLOLOL.

Protip: see if your next opponent will wear Duke uniforms. Maybe you'll actually show up if you think you're playing somebody.

I expect UNC to roll the shit out of the Fack

It's expected when Alabama beats Kentucky. At least for 24 hours afterwards.

DominoKid

Former NCSU player:

Pack Pride @PackPride
He should be. Play defense. RT @goREDandWHITE: @JamesCurle I'm concerned. Why did TJ Warren RT it? Will he be penalized for that?

TJ Warren @T24Warren
@PackPride Lol

edit:

Y'all mad at me now because I'm just telling you guys the truth...LOL! That's what happens when you're blind to the facts!

lol

TDT right but he comes off like a scorned bitch since he transferred for lack of minutes.

alstein

TDT is a whiner. He had a golden opportunity to get good minutes, but he blew it up.

As for Warren, he doesn't have a history of being a malcontent, some with Tyler Lewis.
I think they did something without thinking, but I don't really think either of them think Gott's a bad coach.

You can't suspend the players either, because you'd have 0 bench at all.

This is Gott's biggest test so far- he could lose the team, I'm worried. If there's a meltdown, you gotta stick with Gott and blame the players for this one.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

Former NCSU player:

Pack Pride @PackPride

TJ Warren @T24Warren
@PackPride Lol

edit:

lol

TDT right but he comes off like a scorned bitch since he transferred for lack of minutes.
Doesn't matter. Gottfried is a horrible coach. Which is why the hire disappointed the hell out of me as a guy with degrees from both Alabama and NCSU. I knew that the cancer we'd excised at Bama was just moving east and a little north.

Also, has anyone laughed at Kentucky? Because LOL @ the Wildcats losing to this Bama team.

DominoKid

TDT is a whiner. He had a golden opportunity to get good minutes, but he blew it up.

As for Warren, he doesn't have a history of being a malcontent, some with Tyler Lewis.
I think they did something without thinking, but I don't really think either of them think Gott's a bad coach.

You can't suspend the players either, because you'd have 0 bench at all.

This is Gott's biggest test so far- he could lose the team, I'm worried. If there's a meltdown, you gotta stick with Gott and blame the players for this one.

yeah you can. bench/suspend them, explain it properly, and (hopefully) they'll learn how their actions have hurt the team when they catch that L. the demeanor of Leslie & Brown this year have been hilarious to me.

Leslie doesn't seem that bright though. I think if you suspend/bench him and lose, it'd only embolden him lol.

i don't think you can toss it all on the players though if it goes south. the guy driving the ship has to take a lot of the heat or else it projects a bad image.

Vyrance

Don't get cable at the house, so going to be heading up to a bar to catch the Miami-Duke game. Hopefully the Canes can pull it out!

Crisco

Banned
Lowe recruited a bunch of mentally weak head cases and it's shown up multiple times this season. Gottfried can only do so much. Let's not forget that 2 years ago this same core finished next to last in the ACC and never even sniffed the top 25. His guys (Purvis and Warren) don't exhibit the same behavior on the court that our veteran "leaders" do.

With that said, this was a really deflating loss. I knew foul trouble would rear its ugly head and fuck us once or twice this season, but not like this. Not like this.

jV70wjI.png

Draxal

so can anyone translate Bo Ryan speech.

"But without a doubt, I'd love to play the teams in the league and get the fans familiarized more with Nebraska and Rutgers and Maryland and the teams coming in. To try to get our fan base familiar with those schools. So the more games we can play against those institutions over the next 10, 20, 30 years? I think it would be better for the league."

http://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/index.ssf/2013/01/wisconsins_bo_ryan_in_favor_of.html

jayhawker

so can anyone translate Bo Ryan speech.

"But without a doubt, I'd love to play the teams in the league and get the fans familiarized more with Nebraska and Rutgers and Maryland and the teams coming in. To try to get our fan base familiar with those schools. So the more games we can play against those institutions over the next 10, 20, 30 years? I think it would be better for the league."

http://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/index.ssf/2013/01/wisconsins_bo_ryan_in_favor_of.html

Sounds to me like he plans to hold the ball for 34 seconds and then chuck a 3.

DominoKid

McDonald to miss the next 3 games.

"He did not take care of his responsibilities as a student-athlete." - Huckleberry himself.

I don't feel like we actually miss him though. He's never played well against competition of a decent level.

Bowser

McDonald to miss the next 3 games.

"He did not take care of his responsibilities as a student-athlete." - Huckleberry himself.

I don't feel like we actually miss him though. He's never played well against competition of a decent level.

Guys like Leslie and Strick were such huge recruiting misses...

edit: our '09 recruiting class: Henson, Strick, Leslie, the Wears

What a fucking terrible class save for Henson

DominoKid

yep. Strickland's lack of development is just ridiculous to me. somehow he's worse as a senior than a freshman. i would not be mad if McDonald never came back. we need him and Strickland gone ASAP.

it blows my mind that St. Pat trotted out a lineup featuring senior Dex, junior Kyrie & soph MKG. i bet they annihilated teams.

Bowser

yep. Strickland's lack of development is just ridiculous to me. somehow he's worse as a senior than a freshman.

it blows my mind that St. Pat trotted out a lineup featuring senior Dex, junior Kyrie & soph MKG. i bet they annihilated teams.

Insane that at the time Strick committed he was ranked the #1 PG and the #10 overall prospect in the 2009 class. He hasn't ever flashed that type of ability on the court his entire time at UNC.

Anyone who thinks that Goodwin, Poythress, and Harrow won't be back next year are outside their damn mind.

Not sure Goodwin will want to risk falling out of the rotation against the guards coming into Kentucky next year. Still has the physical tools to trick a team into giving him guaranteed millions this year.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Guys like Leslie and Strick were such huge recruiting misses...

edit: our '09 recruiting class: Henson, Strick, Leslie, the Wears

What a fucking terrible class save for Henson

Strickland honestly had flashes of really good play. There were times like last year he was able to drive and finish. But he was never consistent I don't really know what happened to him. For all his talk about how Kyrie wouldn't work in Duke's "system" whatever the hell that is, he certainly didn't work in Roy's.

McDonald was pretty much a bust and has been recruited over every year he's been at UNC. He should have transferred long time ago. Good thing we stuck out on him.

I'm expecting the U to play out dey minds tonight, win and then job to BC the next game...or whatever scrub team they play next.

Fjordson

Miami looking good. Guess Ryan Kelly really was that valuable? Dukies haven't looked the same since.

Though Curry being banged up doesn't help either I'd imagine. He's moving like an old man out there.

Silkworm

This is like that Clemson game a couple of years ago. We're just getting blasted. And again, whoever their next game is, they'll have more talent but they won't give a shit and they'll lose.

Normally I'd agree, but Miami is playing FSU and I think they'll get up for that game ;-) Also FSU isn't looking too hot of late, so I'm willing to bet Miami will win their next game at home against FSU.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Man, losing is one thing, but playing like you don't give a shit is another. I wish Duke had more asshole players like they did back in the day with Hurley and Laettner. Everyone treats us like a big opportunity, no consequence if they lose. Laettner hated to lose and fed off that shit. He wanted to embarrass anyone he played. Hurley was just as bad.

Right now this team couldn't care, they probably ready to hit the clubs, make some funny tweets and go back to Durham like bitches.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
At this point I hope Miami keeps pouring it on. Run these guys out of Hialeah, Coral Gables or wherever the U actually is. I hope this team is embarrassed. I hope K is embarrassed. This is fucking pitiful. FL Gulf Coast > Duke.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think I've ever seen us shoot this poorly. NO ONE is hitting shots (except for Murph lol, still not sure why he doesn't get more PT).

Not sure Kelly would be making a difference out there, either.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I don't think I've ever seen us shoot this poorly. NO ONE is hitting shots (except for Murph lol, still not sure why he doesn't get more PT).

Not sure Kelly would be making a difference out there, either.

Hell no, this a pure ass whipping, one player isn't fixing that shit.

COME BASED PARKER AND BASED HOOD. GET THESE SCRUBS OFF MY TEAM

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Ugh, if some shit team goes on a KembaConn style run again...

I'm think UF or Michigan. Though neither are undefeated, they are the most consistent. I think we get bounced by some Patriot or Ivy league team in the first round again.

Talon

I'm think UF or Michigan. Though neither are undefeated, they are the most consistent. I think we get bounced by some Patriot or Ivy league team in the first round again.
This won't happen as long as Boynton is there shooting Florida out of games.

Duke's going to the Final Four.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Do we get another shot against Miami at Cameron this year?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I hope K leaves the starters out there for the court rush. Don't pull their asses, make them shake hands in the middle of all of it. Let the Miami fans pour drinks on them, spit on them, call them whatever they want. Maybe that will piss them off.

alstein

yeah you can. bench/suspend them, explain it properly, and (hopefully) they'll learn how their actions have hurt the team when they catch that L. the demeanor of Leslie & Brown this year have been hilarious to me.

Leslie doesn't seem that bright though. I think if you suspend/bench him and lose, it'd only embolden him lol.

i don't think you can toss it all on the players though if it goes south. the guy driving the ship has to take a lot of the heat or else it projects a bad image.

He suspends, he loses to UNC. That makes things worse. No way State wins anything if they're only playing with 5, especially if refs call ticky-tack crap like they often do in the ACC. Vandenburg and Lewis just can't play 10 minutes/game yet.

Also, what if Warren's motivation was to put up bulletin board material instead of knock Gott? I'm leaning towards this being much less than what it seems- it's just so obvious a no-no that I can't see it being what it seems. He tweeted a short while ago that it wasn't a shot at Gott- it just looked really bad. I'm writing this off as a huge mistake that fortunately didn't hurt anyone.

As for Leslie, he's not a bad guy, but he can be a knucklehead at times. Howell's the one guy on the team I trust to be mentally strong. Brown can be at times.

The Amile Jefferson saga really hurt as well, it caused Painter not to stay, and another recruit backed off because Jefferson was coming to State until the last minute- put Amile on State and things aren't so bad.

Talon

Man...Duke looks so bad.
UNC was blown out last year around this time, and they were a Kendall Marshall broken wrist by an unnecessary-chasedown-foul-with-game-all-but-settled from probably beating that ugly Kansas team last year.

Don't take too much from January results.

Top Bottom