• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

Kentucky looks really suspect.they might get carolina in the nit.

Bu bu I wouldn't want to play us in ($CURRENT_MONTH + 2).

Because if you did you would be in the NIT too.

It's all good. We're letting Louisville enjoy its long-fabled season of glory without having to worry about us stealing any of the pressure.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
130126_henderson.gif

haw

I see the Gophers lost again. Their low total, 44 or whatever it was, was probably(didn't watch or listen) to their lack of penetration yet again. Andre Hollins is being talked about making it to the NBA...don't see it happening as this rate as the guy who has the ball the most should be able to do. The Gophers need a leader which is obvious they don't have. Someone needs to step up and command the team on the court. Thought it would be Hollins after last year but it's not him.

jakncoke

Banned
Northern Illinois broke its NCAA Division I record for futility, scoring just four points in the first half of a 42-25 loss to Eastern Michigan on Saturday.

The Huskies (4-14, 2-4 Mid-American Conference) also broke the record for lowest field goal percentage in a half of the shot clock era (3.2 percent) and lowest field goal percentage in a game (13.1 percent), and tied the mark for fewest made field goals in a half after hitting 1 of 31 attempts in the opening period.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130126/SPORTS0203/301260401#ixzz2J9MGXvV2

Holy shittt!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
the black dude is just grinning lmao.

so is Santa Claus sitting on the left on the announce table.

I don't know how good Ol Miss is, but I know those assholes on the selection committee, you know, the ones supposedly in Duke's pocket, will put them in our bracket so he has a chance to do that to us. It would be one of the very few times I'd okay a gooning.

alstein

so is Santa Claus sitting on the left on the announce table.

I don't know how good Ol Miss is, but I know those assholes on the selection committee, you know, the ones supposedly in Duke's pocket, will put them in our bracket so he has a chance to do that to us. It would be one of the very few times I'd okay a gooning.

They're ranked in the bottom of the Top 25 right now, so a 5-9 is realistic. Duke might see them in the round of 32 or sweet 16.

george_us

Wouldn't surprise me if Indiana got bounced in the Sweet 16. They're good, no doubt, but they need to help of the refs to be a truly great team imo.

Man, this Illini team just cannot come back from a deficit. I think a S16 is still the best case scenario this year, but it's also a legit possibility they'll miss the tourney.

When the going gets tough, fold!

Man, this Illini team just cannot come back from a deficit. I think a S16 is still the best case scenario this year, but it's also a legit possibility they'll miss the tourney.

BP is going to have to pull his head out of his ass for more than a minute if we're going to make the tourney.

Hard to get too upset. Michigan are flat out better at every position. They've been #1 in my personal poll for well over a month now.

Take note though Mr. Fellows, beating us most likely means you're about to enter a nasty slide (see Minny).

alstein

Illinois/NCSU for round of 32- team that can't come back from a deficit vs team that can't hold a lead period. Something has to give.

Bowser

Roy Williams was asked about P.J.'s lack of minutes in recent games during Monday's ACC teleconference. Williams pointed to foul trouble, as well as J.P. Tokoto playing well over the past two games, as reasons. He also highlighted Hairston's turnover early in the second half as the reason he sat for so long on Saturday night, and also a lack of hustle for a loose ball.

Foul trouble? JP? One turnover?

lol fuck you Roy. Be real please. If it was about a turnover, the entire starting five would have been benched for 8-9 minutes stretches this entire season.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Illinois/NCSU for round of 32- team that can't come back from a deficit vs team that can't hold a lead period. Something has to give.

Illinois might be lucky to make the NIT at this point. They have 4 more tough ones in a row. By the time they get to the soft part of the schedule it may be too late.

Bowser

IC Premium "insider" who's generally posted good info (although I take all these with a grain of salt, who knows who's truly an insider or not):

Roy is full of ****. It is no secret that since the day PJ got there, they have not seen eye to eye (to put it lightly). Although, I guess that's not something you can say in a public interview.

welp.

DominoKid

i believe it. i completely believe it. everybody w/ eyes can see there's something wrong there. even fans of other teams are baffled although appreciative that PJ ain't been unleashed.

i mean look at this shit.

Q: P.J. has played well offensively the past couple of games, yet he’s only played 17 minutes in each of those. What do you think is holding him back from seeing more time?

A: “Foul trouble, I think, in the game before. I think he and James Michael both had two fouls early in the first half. That was part of it. And then the other thing, if you go back the last two games, J.P. Tokoto has played probably his best two games. And so it’s not just P.J.’s right to be out there on the floor. Saturday I got so mad at him when he’s going after a loose ball and a North Carolina State player runs from behind him and dives for the loose ball when P.J.’s trying to pick it up. I just can’t stomach those kinds of things. I keep giving guys chances even when they do something like that, but there is no question that’s the reason he sat out for a long time on Saturday.”

this is bullshit. pure bullshit. why does everybody else get to make mistake after mistake, but PJ gets yanked like he bombed at the Apollo after one. roy can miss me w/ that.

what's got me worried though is that a lot of folks are saying that Bullock & PJ are GONE after this season. which, i get Bullock, but we have folks who can take care of that. but the fact that folks are saying that about PJ worries me.

also the UNC/UK game is back next year. thank god.

jakncoke

Banned
Nearly forgot about tonights game. We down 7 and James Robinson got 2 fouls. wonderful

edit; man i wish we werent morons, would love to beat l'ville fucking hate them and their fans.

Fjordson

also the UNC/UK game is back next year. thank god.
Really? Nice. Great game last year.

Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems like Calipari skipped out on some matchups this year (like Indiana) because he knew we wouldn't be that good :lol

Though we did still play Duke.

TheNatural

My Member!
Nearly forgot about tonights game. We down 7 and James Robinson got 2 fouls. wonderful

edit; man i wish we werent morons, would love to beat l'ville fucking hate them and their fans.

I would hate Pitt fans - if they actually had any.

Cards with some fire tonight, hopefully no Siva stupidity.

jakncoke

Banned
Leaving guys open for 3's so often this game.

Actually the entire D is taking the night off.

Edit; Keeping it within 6 got to be some sort of moral victory. Hope we can put together a 2nd half.

Edit2; Taylor was such a failed prospect. Glad he's a Senior

jakncoke

Banned
lol at patterson right there last possession

Edit JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WE FUCKING SUCK

edit alright play some fucking D

edit thats not D you bums

edit dumb as fuck 3 there

Top Bottom