• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

jakncoke

Banned

edit horrible offense right now, horrible everything. l'ville should feel bad they didnt beat us by 20
edit; lolllllll
edit smfh

edit; lol ofc this loser makes a ft

2 EVNE AHHAAHHA

edit big 3, not that it matters likely

terrible.

jayhawker

Wow. WVU fans are awful.

"Let's not try to understand basketball. Instead, lets boo every call that isn't in favor of our team!"

Edit: haha, they do it for the most obvious calls even. Gotta love the passion, though. They should be a fun team to play year in and year out

Silkworm

Wow. WVU fans are awful.

"Let's not try to understand basketball. Instead, lets boo every call that isn't in favor of our team!"

Edit: haha, they do it for the most obvious calls even. Gotta love the passion, though. They should be a fun team to play year in and year out

If they beat KU (highly unlikely) would they burn couches like they do for football games? ;-)

TheNatural

My Member!
Wow. WVU fans are awful.

Enjoy. Be lucky if your players or coaches don't get injured by fans throwing shit. Most trailer trash fanbase in college sports. They hit a Pitt assistant with something a couple years ago, and in football nearly killed an LSU fan father to be, and assaulted his pregnant girlfriend.

Glad we don't have to go to that meth infested shithole ever again. Just karma they've been beatdown in their first year in the Big XII in both sports as well.

jayhawker

If they beat KU (highly unlikely) would they burn couches like they do for football games? ;-)

If they do, I hope we throw these nasty fade out jerseys in the fire with the couches.

Edit: We are sleepwalking through this game. WVU was too, but now that they're trying...

sigh

Edit2: We are so sloppy when we get up by double digits. So sloppy. And I'm pretty sure Huggs is drunk.

Edit: We are going to lose to a terrible, terrible team. And we deserve it.

Solid victory for the bucks, need to close out strong. Didnt allow wisconsin to even get a free throw attempt tonight, not sure the last time I saw that.

So Bo Ryan told the SID he wanted to do his press conference while the OSU players were still talking. They were confused but got up and left, then Bo decided he didnt want to do it anymore.

Stay Classy Bo.

devilhawk

Ole Miss is garbage. How did they get to #16 beating exactly nobody? MU has always been awful on the road, especially without their best player. I'm thinking Ole Miss would finish behind OU and OSU in the Big XII.

Will be a good win for UK for their tourny hopes as any road win is very good.

Seth C

And the fans will be abuzz about how Kentucky has turned the corner, until we lose to another bad team and the bipolar fanbase turns again. Ole Miss is not good, though I suppose winning against a not very good team on the road IS improvement for this team.

jayhawker

I was pretty shocked at how terrible Henderson was. Dude has the worst shot selection and defense of any guard I've seen in a long, long time. Ole Miss in general looked like they'd never been coached for large swaths of the game.

iamblades

And the fans will be abuzz about how Kentucky has turned the corner, until we lose to another bad team and the bipolar fanbase turns again. Ole Miss is not good, though I suppose winning against a not very good team on the road IS improvement for this team.

I saw legitimate offensive improvement in the beginning of the second half when we were running everything through Wiltjer(then he stopped being involved at all), but I more or less agree. We can't rely on Noel to will us to victory every game.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I can't believe that Huckleberry can't figure out PJ is his best player and should play him more. If we lock him down, we win easy.

I'm tempted to give NCSU a pass because of Leslie and Tony Bennett's brand of fuckball, but still, one of these days the fack needs to come correct after a big win.

And DIAF whiney Duke fan that couldn't understand why the student body of the U was mean to her when she decided to attend the game in their student section, and then post about how classless they were. Just shut the fuck up.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
And DIAF whiney Duke fan that couldn't understand why the student body of the U was mean to her when she decided to attend the game in their student section, and then post about how classless they were. Just shut the fuck up.

Ha, I actually know her (not that well)...Agreed on the whiney part, and the letter does a great job of perpetuating the "spoiled, entitled Duke student" stereotype (sigh).

However, if what she said about getting pizza thrown at her by the mascot (not even another student in the crowd) is true, along with the parts about the Dean of Students and VP of Student Affairs actively trying to block her and her friends from entering the game, that's kind of ridiculous (not quite Maryland fan-level ridiculous, though). It's one thing to have an rowdy, offensive student section, but those two examples sort of go beyond that.

The president of the university emailed her an apology, FWIW.

alstein

I can't believe that Huckleberry can't figure out PJ is his best player and should play him more. If we lock him down, we win easy.

I'm tempted to give NCSU a pass because of Leslie and Tony Bennett's brand of fuckball, but still, one of these days the fack needs to come correct after a big win.

Yeah, one of those days. Just wasn't today, with Brown getting hurt and not playing the last 3/4rs of the game. Virginia isn't a bad team either. Maryland was also excusable, but Wake wasn't.

Can't whine about it too much, as you gotta play what you have, and Gott's thin bench burned him hard (even if Amile Jefferson's last minute waffle to Duke cost State Amile and Painter) I'm not going to be mad at Amile, he's a 17-yr old kid, and I think education was what it came down to, and I can respect that- I just wish he had informed Gott earlier so Painter wouldn't have transfered.

If Brown had been healthy, State wins that game. Tyler Lewis is having a horrible freshman year (but so did Corchiani)

chris121580

This game tonight is a total trap game with the media talking about nothing but IU vs Michigan. I sure hope we play well tonight. Losing to Purdue is the worst

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Ha, I actually know her (not that well)...Agreed on the whiney part, and the letter does a great job of perpetuating the "spoiled, entitled Duke student" stereotype (sigh).

However, if what she said about getting pizza thrown at her by the mascot (not even another student in the crowd) is true, along with the parts about the Dean of Students and VP of Student Affairs actively trying to block her and her friends from entering the game, that's kind of ridiculous (not quite Maryland fan-level ridiculous, though). It's one thing to have an rowdy, offensive student section, but those two examples sort of go beyond that.

The president of the university emailed her an apology, FWIW.

I've heard some who attended the game say the exchange with the Dean of Students took all of 5 minutes and they wanted to make sure they were actually U students, and that they joked with the girls about their divided loyaties (they're U of M grad students now for those who don't know). Don't know which side is true, but most of the editorial reeks of sour grapes.

I hated when our fan base tried to rationalize the loss with BS posts like "well Miami sucks in football" or "lol, enjoy probation, derp". Shut up. Own that ass kicking, live it and crave revenge in March. Thats all we need to do and I hope we deliver. This shit, however, ALWAYS gets blown out of proportion. Now to the haters this proves Duke fans are whiney twats who cling to "class" or some other intangible when the actual game doesn't go our way. Its not true, but its just like the stupid Elton Brand letter.

Fuck that. When we beat Miami in football (and it WILL HAPPEN Gloomfire, Peterboy) I am going to chirp and troll and enjoy it. Miami fans have thr right to mock Duke after that game, now even more so.

Vyrance

Tonight we play VPI, trap game for us if I ever saw one. Hopefully they're not looking past them to the NC State game coming up. Go Canes!

Top Bottom