• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

Silkworm

Gators are looking good for sure (40+ lead)! :) Still this is in Gainesville against SC so I'm not going to get too excited. ;-) Would like to see how UF plays at Missouri if they are fully healthy (Bowers playing at 100%). W/o Bowers, they're even struggling against LSU. Even playing against UK at Lexington would be a better barometer.

Edit: Oops Bowers is playing in the game against LSU... still this is his first game back AFAIK so he's probably still getting back up to speed.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Welp we're frauds again. Defense has gone back to 2012 levels, ie no defense. Who knew Ryan Kelly was that important. Whoever hexed him did I guess.

Sure hope so. Not going to get my hopes up till March, but I'm sure I will have that blind faith by then.

This year is really messed up. I wouldn't put money on anyone at this point, but Florida is my choice to win. Then again, I'm an SEC homer.

Since UK doesn't stand a chance, I'd like to see Ohio State win.

Silkworm

This year is really messed up. I wouldn't put money on anyone at this point, but Florida is my choice to win. Then again, I'm an SEC homer.

Since UK doesn't stand a chance, I'd like to see Ohio State win.

Why, oh why, OSU? Barf! :-x How about Michigan or Indiana or even Syracuse? I know root for Louisville! :-D

Silkworm

Wow, what a play by LSU! Looks like Missouri isn't going to be able to pull this out.

Edit: Except not making the free throw... bah. And then give up a quick bucket. Maybe Missouri can still pull this out after all.

Edit: Defense! Does LSU not grasp this concept????

Silkworm

It's kind of a local team, lol. Only Football powerhouse within 2 hours of where I live. Shit, the only one within 5 hours of where I live.

Okay that makes sense. As a Gator fan I don't like OSU (and they don't like UF) but hey, they're better than say FSU or Georgia (barely). :-D

Edit: And Missouri loses to LSU. SEC's RPI goes lower and lower... *sigh*

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm glad we pulled that out. Wake was playing out of their minds and we couldn't hit shit from the outside. Mase had like 800 points tonight, so that was good. Win or lose, the Plumlee brothers always feast on Wake.

ascii42

Okay that makes sense. As a Gator fan I don't like OSU (and they don't like UF) but hey, they're better than say FSU or Georgia (barely). :-D

Edit: And Missouri loses to LSU. SEC's RPI goes lower and lower... *sigh*

No, you see, if ESS EEE SEE rules apply in basketball too, the loss doesn't mean the Missouri is worse than we thought, it means LSU is better than we thought.

Silkworm

No, you see, ESS EEE SEE rules should apply in basketball too. The loss doesn't mean the Missouri is worse than we thought, it means LSU is better than we thought.

Hah :-D Yeah, now that LSU is 2-5 in the SEC that just means there's a lot of parity and so the SEC is difficult league from top to bottom :p SEC fans aren't that delusional :-D

DominoKid

Roy threw Dex under the bus so hard for hurting PJ lol.

"Can you take us through what happened with P.J. while he was down on the court?
“Yeah, Dexter [Strickland] screwed it up… That’s the bottom line. I went out and checked on P.J. and Dexter was still standing there and I said if you’d done what you’re supposed to do I wouldn’t have to be out here. Dexter was the help. He should have been in the middle of the lane crossing the lane then it never would have happened."

thefro

ZQGFEx5.jpg

Sheehey for IU has a future in pro-wrasslin' if pro bball doesn't work out. He was great heeling it up in front of the Purdue fans.

jakncoke

Banned
I think today could be a very important day. A win keeps us on the road to the tourney, a loss means the chance of NIT or CBI increases.

jakncoke

Banned
Durand Johnson doesnt give a fuck lol will shoot anywhere anytime

edit; stop jacking up 3's fuck

edit; great adams is limping

jakncoke

Banned
pass too high HES FUCKING 7 FEET TALL

Edit; Adams needs to be assertive in offense . He's 7 ft tall and plays like a chocha. Perhaps he's just too young, idk. I really hope he builds some muscle and attitude

edit; ugh zanna with 3

edit; these fucking refs

edit; fucking gave him a push out of bounds

dagZ

jesus we are playing horrible...we really do need southerland. and MCW is a love/hate relationship. dude turns it over so much.

DominoKid

Bullock is godawful at finishing at the rim. I keep expecting him to rise up and posterize somebody one day, but then I remember his vertical is awful.

McDonald is his usual useless self vs real competition.

jakncoke

Banned
Durand being Durand

edit. this is awesome lol

edit KEEP MOVING THE BALL FUCKKKK

edit; nearly 20 turnovers this game. ugh

edit jesus we're failing hard at getting the ball out

edit: woooooooooo

DominoKid

i am oddly excited about the next two games.

wake will be fun, up and down, both teams playing stupid. but we should win that even w/o pj.
miami...would be shocked if we won.
duke i am oddly excited for. not gonna call a win there, but i could think see it. could also see it going very bad.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
FSU sucks ass but that was probably the best Duke has played in almost 2 months. Given that we normally struggle in Tallahassee I'm impressed.

Top Bottom