• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
lo-fucking-l. Dumblee should have fouled out about 8 minutes ago.

Bullshit bowser, you have been getting calls all fucking night and yes, JMM has flopped like a fish most of the night. I think we can agree is the refs have shitted this game for both teams.

Bowser

FTs cost us this game. We lost our shit for about 5 minutes after we lost the lead, then we couldn't buy a bucket from the easiest place in the world to score.

At least we covered.

Bowser

Strickland/Hairston: 10-12 FT
Rest of team: 2-11 FT

Marcus Paige: 2-10 FG (2 made were layups)
UNC Bench: 1-9, 3 Pts

It's a fucking wonder we were even in this game.

Bowser

lol what game were you watching? 2 managers ran out onto the floor.

Really, then why did the cameras cut to K waving his hands and shouting "NO! NO!"? For the hell of it? I know what I saw.

RoyW on shortened rotation: "I was trying to win the dadgum game"

wPQoj.gif

Just left the game. Not terrible, but not good from either side. Duke shouldn't have struggled this much with team. But in the end, glad I went.

And no, no one tried to rush the court.

Just left the game. Not terrible, but not good from either side. Duke shouldn't have struggled this much with team. But in the end, glad I went.

And no, no one tried to rush the court.

Were you in the seats or standing with the crazies?

It felt like the building's atmosphere was a little lackluster. Nothing compared to two years ago when Nolan and Seth were styling on Black Falcon.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Really, then why did the cameras cut to K waving his hands and shouting "NO! NO!"? For the hell of it? I know what I saw.

Because the clock and buzzer were fucked up. To keep his team from running to the locker room before the game was actually over.

And I was in the middle of the bleachers - a much better position than you to judge whether or not a court rush was starting to happen.

SMH

It felt like the building's atmosphere was a little lackluster. Nothing compared to two years ago when Nolan and Seth were styling on Black Falcon.

Yeah I was pretty disappointed, actually. Crowd was much better for OSU, but nothing this year has compared to Cameron 2-3 years ago.

Were you in the seats or standing with the crazies?

With the Crazies.

I'd agree that the building was probably not as pumped as it was for OSU. Outside of the name on the other team's jerseys, there wasn't all that much to get excited about.

W1SSY

Derrick Nix had a little
lot
to say after beating Michigan about the lack of attention they are getting. Also said a lot of stuff about NBA scouts not ranking them high enough and making comparisons to other players. It looks like some good bulletin board stuff for Indiana.

Article

This team is fucking pathetic, no heart at all
I haven't saw many OSU games but it seems like the major problem is Thomas is the only offensive option. He has to play well for OSU to win and if he doesn't it is a challenge for OSU. But that is only after watching a couple games.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
All five Kentucky commits made it. Awesome.

edit: Julius Randle not on there? Weird.

Has he picked a school? I'll regret it come game day but I hope its NCSU. We need some big time players in the conference. I almost want Wiggins to go to UNC simply for the name value.

Fjordson

Has he picked a school? I'll regret it come game day but I hope its NCSU. We need some big time players in the conference. I almost want Wiggins to go to UNC simply for the name value.
Nah, he's still undecided. Sounds like NC State, Texas, and Kentucky are the top three, but it's all a guessing game before they commit really so we'll see. Also has Florida, Kansas, and Oklahoma on his list.

I keep hearing FSU has the edge on Kentucky for Wiggins on rivals.com boards and other places. I don't know what evidence people are using for that, but I keep seeing it so it sounds like you guys may have him in the ACC.

Also, looks like Randle didn't get chosen because he hasn't played much this season due to a foot injury.

i dont think randle is as good as advertised.

parker will probably have the best year of the three.

Still not sure how K handles his lineups for next year.

Between SG and SF, Duke will have Parker, Matt "Jumper Too Wet" Jones, Rodney Hood, Alex Murphy, Semi Ojeleye, more than likely Rasheed Sulaimon, and maybe Andre Dawkins.

Also, unless Marshall and Amile bulk up a bit, Duke may be screwed in the frontcourt.

Fjordson

i dont think randle is as good as advertised.

parker will probably have the best year of the three.
Yeah, in the short term I think Parker will be better than Wiggins.

I didn't realize just how big Parker is until I watched one of his games ESPN had a month or two ago. That kid is a beast.

RPG

Buffs get some sweet revenge over Arizona, 71-58. Literally the loudest I've heard Coors Event Center since the days of Chauncey. Fun times, fun times.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Still not sure how K handles his lineups for next year.

Between SG and SF, Duke will have Parker, Matt "Jumper Too Wet" Jones, Rodney Hood, Alex Murphy, Semi Ojeleye, more than likely Rasheed Sulaimon, and maybe Andre Dawkins.

Also, unless Marshall and Amile bulk up a bit, Duke may be screwed in the frontcourt.

K has run a primarily wing line up, 1999 and 2001 being the big examples. I think both Brand and Boozer were 6'8 and 6'9 respectively. Of course they were also future pros which Marshall Plumlee isn't and I doubt Amile will be. I think Amile will be a decent 4, but K can afford to take a project big for strictly rebounds and defense if he can find one.

Fjordson

Oh man, I sometimes forget there's a third Plumlee brother. Pretty cool they all went to the same school.

Do you guys think he'll be playing more next year? Don't know much about him, hasn't he been injured? Or at least he was.

Bowser

Roy Williams will be watching 5-star 2014 SG prospect Rashad Vaughn tonight. Word is an offer is imminent. Ranked #7 overall (#2 SG) in 2014 by Scout, #9 overall (#1 SG) by ESPN. Current offer list includes Kansas, Louisville, Texas, Minnesota, Florida State, Illinois, and Baylor. Also being recruited by Kentucky, Florida, Syracuse, and Duke (though no offers from those schools yet).

Supposedly Roy was going to offer on January 8th, but didn't get a chance to speak with Vaughn before he had to leave:

“They were supposed to offer, but I never got to talk to (Roy Williams) because I guess they had a game the next day so they really had to go,” Vaughn said. “I guess he wants to come down and sit down with my parents and do it.”

Oh man, I sometimes forget there's a third Plumlee brother. Pretty cool they all went to the same school.

Do you guys think he'll be playing more next year? Don't know much about him, hasn't he been injured? Or at least he was.

He has to play more next year. Kelly and Mason Plumlee are gone, so that leaves Hairston, Jefferson, and Marshall Plumlee as the bigs.

Bowser

Roy Williams will be watching 5-star 2014 SG prospect Rashad Vaughn tonight. Word is an offer is imminent. Ranked #7 overall (#2 SG) in 2014 by Scout, #9 overall (#1 SG) by ESPN. Current offer list includes Kansas, Louisville, Texas, Minnesota, Florida State, Illinois, and Baylor. Also being recruited by Kentucky, Florida, Syracuse, and Duke (though no offers from those schools yet).

Supposedly Roy was going to offer on January 8th, but didn't get a chance to speak with Vaughn before he had to leave:

Update: Vaughn had 34 and 10 tonight in front of Roy and Hubert Davis. Got the scholly offer afterwards. He's hoping to take an OV in 3 weeks for the Duke game. For a 2014 prospect, I'm really liking the timeline from official offer to OV and all that it implies.

Top Bottom